Wtf were blizzard thinking nerfin tyrande

wtf i just cant was tyrande op?
had anyone ever faced tyrande ina a match thinking oh she is too op she needs a nerf. yea she is the best healer atm but she is not op there is a difference. wtf she was my favorite hero in the game.
i dont get blizzards weird obsession with nerfing and ruining my favorite heroes first abathur kerrigan now tyrande wtf i just arghghghghghgh im so pissed i dont get it was tyrande really that op?
she was good but god im so pissed i just cant i cant i swear to god now days every update uploaded makes me want to paly less and less hots wtf are blizzard thinking i just cant even express the anger im so close to quiting this peace of shi* game i swear every update is designed to personally piss me off

1 Like

So what happened to Tyrande?

Healing bufffed mostly. And her strongest talent was moved to a later tier.

12 Likes

The move cleanse, whatever it’s called?

Her stun was also buffed. And now you can have both spell armor and soft cleasne…

Celestial Attunement is now lvl 16.

4 Likes

So basically her early game was nerfed but her late game was buffed?

8 Likes

At top lvls, probably, considering she was S tier since ages and one of the reasons why Malf was also S tier Healer is because he countered Tyrande a bit.

1 Like

I think so. She definitely lost some early game healing, but she got two charges of soft cleanse which also grants armor post 16 and she also got buffs to her AoE stun.

1 Like

So they kind of nerfed Tyrande instead of nerfing Qhira? Nice, they nerfed a hero nobody asked for to be nerfed and they continue to ignore the hero who is blatantly overtuned that a lot of people despises and wants nerfed. Incredible.

3 Likes

Did you miss the Qhira nerfs in the patchnotes? :thinking:

4 Likes

You clearly do not read anything do you?

Read first, complain second.

6 Likes

I’m outta likes, but I agree with the last two posts before this one.

then maybe you should try reading some of the discussions, blogs and dev posts. a number of topics (here and reddit) were pointing out her talent stagnation and requested blizz do something to increase the appeal of her talent variety. Blue’s even posted in one of the topics here.

Congrats, she has options that could compete against the stagnation now. Might help to try out the new opportunities instead of freaking out that the status quo changed.

5 Likes

Did you honestly read the patchnotes and consider that a nerf to Qhira? Talking about reading comprehension. They buffed some talents and slightly nerfed her self-healing and one of her heroics. She remains overtuned.

1 Like

And did you miss the hotfix they pushed that fixed her dealing more damage than intended with her level 1 W quest? I’ve noticed a pretty hefty decline of her threat level now that bug is fixed.

2 Likes

Because maybe, just maybe, the data they have suggests that she’s a l2p issue. Just like the data everyone else has been sharing.

Meanwhile Tyrande is pretty much consistently in high level play. It was an issue worth looking into.

To be fair, in quick match (which is where I suspect the majority of complaints are coming from) Qhira is very feast or famine - she dominates the match or she just feeds.

She’s kind of like the butcher - except that she has less counters than the butcher does imo.

In draft modes though, she kinda sucks. She’s very easily countered and with just 1 or 2 counter picks she ends up being pretty useless. So there’s definitely a disconnect between the players of QM & the players of draft modes.

While I don’t think that Blizzard should balance around quick match per se, I think that Blizzard can and should continue to tune her so that she isn’t so feast or famine in QM and does not suck so much in draft. I’m sure there’s a happy medium in there somewhere.

1 Like

I would rather say that Qhira doesn’t have to fear death as much as Butch, that’s why she can perform better (if she does).

4 Likes

Did anyone else read this post title in the style of The IT crowd? “Did you see that ludicrous display last patch? What were blizzard thinkin nerfin Tyrande that early?”

Tyrande is one of the top 2 best healers in the game. At the higher levels of play, if you play a healer and don’t pick Tyrande or Malfurion, most people will think you are intentionally throwing.

It’s genuinely astonishing she went this long in the state she’s in with little adjustments.

1 Like