Won't start 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

I get a 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Files in your Heroes of the Storm installation are damaged. I do a Scan and Repair. It scans and nothing is reported as damaged, so nothing is repaired. I reinstall it, only for this to happen again. I try to open it from Files, it decides to do an update instead of opening. I try to open it by administer, it does the update. Then I click the Battle.net “Play” button, it does the 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. What is going on? I have everything upgraded and I do not use One Drive.

1 Like

I have the same problem really hope someone knows a fix

Howdy y’all,

This typically happens if there is a conflict with another program. Let’s try disabling all startup programs and then restart the computer so we can test the game by itself.

hey there
i just tryed this but it did not help thanks for the suggestion

do you have any other suggestions i really want to play hte game again

Check for OneDrive. If OneDrive is syncing your Documents folder this can cause the crash with all zeros.

again thanks but i dont have onedrive installed any other suggestions?

Howdy JegBadOmKiwi,

Without more information it’s difficult to determine the root cause. If you can find the HotS error logs, that may help us pinpoint the problem. You can upload file by using Pastebin and then post the link here, then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

Thanks
here you go https://pastebin.com/8jAdKZxs

From your crash log:

e_fileCorrupt
"Files in your Heroes of the Storm installation are damaged."
Time: 1,385,098,796 [20230402T19:50:07]
File: C:\Users\erik_\OneDrive\Dokumenter\Heroes of the Storm\Variables.txt

You still have the OneDrive folder structure, even if you don’t have OneDrive installed currently.

To fix this you can try reinstalling OneDrive, log back in, go to OneDrive settings, then disable the Documents folder sync. After it is disabled verify that the folder structure is normal and that OneDrive has been removed. It should look like this: C:\Users\erik_\Dokumenter\

2 Likes

Holy it worked thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.