Will we ever see Grom in Hots?

God, I hope not. I like Warcraft, it’s my favorite of the universes, and I definitely am a Horde guy, but C’mon. Let’s not follow up the most boring character in Warcraft with a guy most people are gonna see as another Orc with an axe. Plus you’d probably get WoD Grom anyway,

4 Likes

Not to mention they gave his son the kit of a mountain giant. Let’s not besmirch what good is left in the original warchief’s name.

Don’t think so. We will get original MU Grom probably. He has a horde of devoted fans while WoD Grommash is just a hate point. Plus original Grom looks way cooler. WoD one looks like a fat pig with tomato face.

8 Likes

By my judgements it’s about high time we got someone back on Whitemane or Alexstrasza’s level. We’ve answered the call for ‘that boi,’ so now we’re gonna backpedal a bit to a faithful ‘thicc thighs save lives’ release.
Brigitte, Ashe, or Mei. Those are my predictions for next release.

I’d like to see Grom. But what kind of a kit would they give him? Wasn’t he just a remodeled Blademaster in WCIII?

If he ever becomes a hero that can dive in towers to get the kill in HotS, I’ll be happy. Maybe even with the old crit animation from WC3. Idk but I’d be happy if he ever makes in HotS.

2 Likes

Grom was not that much of a major character in Warcraft III. The main orc was Thrall although Grom did see a few missions of use as the player.

Someone like Baal from Diablo II is much more in need of being added seeing how he was literally the final boss of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction which entertained so many people.

1 Like

Grom is a pretty popular request, so I’d say this idea is in the minority.

He wasnt a blade master in lore. Grom is basically an orc beserker. There’s plenty of stuff to look to as inspiration.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? You do realize he sacrificed himself to get rid of the demon blood that ran through all orcs veins by killing Mannoroth. There is even a cinematic of that deed.
Youngster, pls.

4 Likes

He should be a Mortal Strike warrior with a rage bar, bloodthirst, beserker rage, kind of like a melee version of Zul’jin. The quintessential orcish grunt.
To me Grom Hellscream will always be the WCII version, he was like an elite grunt which was very new at the time.

6 Likes

I don’t think HoTS devs will be able to resist giving him interactions with Yrel. That can only happen (as far as I know) with WoD Grom.

Popular on the forums doesn’t translate to popular.

1 Like

The same could be said for being unpopular on the forums.

3 Likes

True enough, I don’t think most players visit here or reddit. Mostly enthusiasts I’d guess.

1 Like

Interaction with Thrall, Garrosh, Jaina, Tyrande, Lunara > interaction with a slightly known character such as Yrel. WoD Grom could be a skin tint, nothing more. MU Grom with green skin is the one we will get as main skin probably.

Btw, he is a wanted hero in everywhere, not only forums and Reddit. You can check Facebook, Twitter etc. There are many people ask for him. He is most wanted hero at the moment tbh.

2 Likes

More than Deathwing? Doubtful. The meme is too real.

1 Like

Deathwing is wanted in humorous way just like Kel’Thuzad was once. He became wanted after that weird D.Va and Genji cinematic because Blizzard teased the fans. Same goes for Kel’Thuzad, he became wanted after Blizzard shown his model for early game in Blizzcon. On the other side, Grom is wanted without any teasers or hints. I can see fans going crazy when he is in the roster.

2 Likes

where is that he is 2nd or 3rd most requred hero ?? last surway he was like 10 th . i thing its werry sad that the main story character of Warcraft is styll not here :frowning: and not more people want him :(((((

Why does everyone want Orc Hitler’s dad so much? Its bad enough Orc Hitler didnt even get a thematically appropriate kit for him, you want Dad to have the same flaws?

1 Like

Hey now, we have no idea wtf was going on with blizz when they invented that kit for Garrosh. Was it something about design space? Last-minute hero swap? Didn’t really care and just wanted to throw a tank into the game? Doing drugs? We’ll never know. They’ve been accurate “enough” for the vast majority of heroes in the game. There’s no reason to think they’d mess up again. At least for Grom in particular. :woman_shrugging:

This reminds me: I need WC3 and SC advisers as announcers :weary: Pls blizz

2 Likes

I’d rather not take the risk :man_shrugging:

Might as well say there shouldn’t be anymore heroes then :woman_shrugging:
which some people already have because “muh balance”