Why is muradin so bad

Avatar should have mini-stuns again. It’s stupid how he has an ult that is literally “grow big and gain HP.”

3 Likes

Wait, wasn’t that the same for Avatar in Warcraft 3?

not in europe from bronze 5 to platin 5. Almost everyone is banning the op mages

It also gave Armor and Spell/CC Immunity if I remember right.

Also if you wanna go this route, Stormbolt was Click and Point and stunned for 3 seconds baseline

I love Muradin. He’s cool and packs a mean punch.

He has the stigma of being a noob hero because he is often a new player’s first hero. Of course I don’t actually agree with this stigma.

3 Likes

Well if we all play our best for this comp we have a Chromie player I”m convinced bvelongs at least 2 tiers above where we are now and another good DPS And the Muradin usually goes sledgehammer for quest completion so normally camp is just fine
We avoid this comp on heavy PVE maps like BOE or to a lesser extent Garden of Terror in favour of something that clears camps like my rag or some other DPS.

Well it is the least played role and there often aren’t much heroes to ban to be safe.
If more tank were usable it could be otherwise.

The mini stun would garner too much salt.
Bringing back some armor , or attack speed or even make a weaker version of second wind able to be active during combat however…
Same with metamorphosis the level 10 needs something more.

This is my problem with him as a “main” Tank. He only has 1 CC, and if he misses, his backline is screwed, because he has no more ability to peel for them. He makes a good Bruiser/Second Tank, but a sup-par Solo Tank IMHO.

3 Likes

Muradin also got Skullcracker at lvl 7. Johanas only non-ult hard CC is AoE ministun on W, so… I dont think Q is anywhere high on priority list.

This.
Muradin as a standalone is not that bad on paper.
But then you have to factor in that he needs to mirror /have a matchup with the ennemy tank plus account for the other heroes and then he has trouble doing his job.
This is a reason why we have tanks not have that bad wr stats but when you delve into matchups some tanks just aren’t equal in tools.

Like ETC only has dash and W on paper but then he has super range with incredible cdr on W and he can almost spam it if used correctly while muradin has 1 Q and has to AA providing he has his quest done to contend with that (until he gets rewind if he goes that route)

1 Like

Johanna has a 60% slow, a stun that pulls enemies towards her and a blind. That’s nor exactly lacking as peel. Then she gets a multi stun at Lvl 10.

I mean, having low peel and unreliable CC is why Stitches is so bad. They added a lot of slow on his W to make up for that. And he’s still not picked.

2 Likes

if Mei is apparently totally fine with having CC tied to literally everything she has in her entire kit I don’t see how people can complain about a .25 second stun attached to a giant, slow, easy to kite Melee hero for 15 god damned seconds

1 Like

Stitches is bad, Muradin is not.

My build? My win rate? Or something else? I have been playing him pretty heavily since his buff and the gutting of the towers (they were too strong before, now I feel structures are too weak). I played him in SL on BoE yesterday with a really good Imperius as the off-tank, and that combo is amazing. I can initiate really hard, and he has all the follow up a main tank could ever want. The enemy team had ETC and Xul (lulz) as their front line. I have no idea why they wanted Xul on BoE, but there you have it.

I did play him in QM this morning, just because, and oddly enough it was again BoE. This time it was against a front line of Stitches/Thrall/Qhira and this time with a Xul on our team. That one was kind of unfair as Anub pretty much negates most of Stitches’ and Qhira’s kits.

Other than the mana tension he has always had, I have found him to be solid in general, and outstanding with a second front line hero who complements him, such as Imperius or Arthas. Here is my lifetime draft stats on him:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401079270874808320/731210485164277852/unknown.png

Granted, at my rank most people aren’t familiar with how to play against an Anub, and the nice thing is his kit is good with people who are being potato. You have lots of ways to save them, turn any team fight into a 4v5, or enable your diver. My plan is to let him carry me this season!

I still play JoJo and ETC the most, just because that is what most random groups expect for a tank, but if I am in a 3+ stack, I will definitely look to draft him if the comps make sense.

2 Likes

Because to take advantage of his trait you have to leave combat.
I think that’s a big part of it.

People wait until the last second, which makes it super obvious they’re going to Dwarf Toss, which makes it interrupted.
Or he leaves the front to self heal, and his allies don’t get the memo and they die because their tank isn’t on the front any more.

It doesn’t help that Q can be blocked by minions and summons, and a fair amount of objectives have monsters that can block it.

I make up for all of that by just picking freakin Haymaker instead of Avatar.
I really can’t understand why people think Avatar is better than Haymaker.

Only if you sit in back trying to pull their Garrosh into your team. :stuck_out_tongue:
Stitches up front is a madman.

I understand you and i’d agree.
But we already have people complaining muradin can bash their head and get damage done already no way they would let us have some fun in anyway.
But if the devs go that route i sure won’t complain.

That’s some good stuff there. Need to start and give Anub another try.

It’s weird but for a good, good while now, I’ve been having tremendous success with Arthas. The lack of mobility and his mana stress are problematic sometimes but I still feel he’s great for slowing and rooting, which with good follow up, usually ends up in some kills. Besides, he’s tanky as hell.

1 Like

They definitely play him. In every MMR. But I have concerns that he is severely falling behind in power level compared to ETC and Johanna, and voiced those concerns in another thread.

For the effort it takes to be a good Muradin who peels for his team and sets up CC chains, it is 10x easier to be a Johanna or ETC main and gain a decent win ratio.