Why doesnt Mei have a Chinese accent?

When Mei speaks English, she has an American accent…
Mei should have a Chinese accent when she speaks English!
So weird.

2 Likes

What exactly does a Chinese accent sound like?

Seems pretty Chinese to me.

4 Likes

I don’t know, ask her voice actress Yu Zhang why she dosen’t sound Chinese

19 Likes

which accent?

Languages have vast amounts of variation that aren’t simplified down to just one series of sounds, esp for countries that have more than one language and for people that then learn to speak multiple languages.

1 Like

Maybe she is ABC or CBC.

Ahahah she always saying Shi shi in french :wink: probably meaning thank you :slight_smile:

Exactly what province of China? What country like Taiwan that isn’t part of China? This thread is click bait!

1 Like

Doesnt really matter which province or part of China/Taiwan as long as Mei has a chinese accent.
But Mei sounds totally american.

I repeat Bastilla

ask Yu Zhang why she sounds american rather then chinesse

9 Likes

HONG KONG the REVOLUTION OF OUR TIME
Accents aren’t profitable.

well, it’s also important to note that a lot of Chinese (and most asians for that matter) learn English at a very early age and specifically train themselves out of any sort of accent.

4 Likes

You know it is possible that for someone to be native Mandarin speaker and speak English well enough without an accent.

My wife is like that. While she doesn’t have mastery of English she doesn’t speak with an accent.

5 Likes

Considering Mei is a high ranked scientist who is part of an INTERNATIONAL organization…

I think my point still stands Keth

3 Likes

Exactly, having an accent is somewhat of shame over there if I understand correctly? don’t understand why but I won’t judge

Something like that I guess. Chinese really like it when non-chinese try to speak chinese but if you are chinese and speak like a foreigner that could be an issue.

1 Like

It does haha
Just wanna consider all the factors

1 Like

I have been studying English language a lot the past years and I work with American people and sometimes Chinese people, she sounds Chinese to me. I bet you think every Chinese has issues with English languge.

I’m mexican and people always fail to get where is my accent from.

3 Likes

This is very true for many languages. My partner could speak English, Cantonese and French with no accent, but not German! :grinning:

My 100% Chinese friend that I play HotS with has an American accent. lol

2 Likes