Why does UR/Ranked take so long to start?

So, I realize this game is a peer to peer game and whats likely happening is the game creation server is somehow compiling MMR to see who’s the banner.

What I don’t get though, is what could POSSIBLY be taking so long?

Like, even on spreadsheets I use regularly that have 9000 some entries take absolutely no time to sort. I’d have to envision a multi-processor with multiple cores could do 10x the work faster then my home computer

No. You’re wrong. It is decidedly not peer to peer.

You were already corrected a while ago. I guess you missed it?

Do you realize Alan Dabris CONFIRMED this in an AMA?

I mean, everyone who knows anything about networking has known most Blizzard games (including WoW) is largely Peer to Peer forever now.

Its the people like you who spread false information that this is even questioned.

Here is the exact quote (because, you know, this forum doesn’t let you post URLs without jumping through hoops)

This is from the AMA with Heroes Developers – April 13, 2018 on Reddit.

So, please stop trying to live in imagination world where you don’t believe this game is peer to peer.

Also, where ever you got that quote from is obviously fraudulent. I’ve never had any such conversation with tech support. The link also goes literally no where.

The game is peer-to-peer. The actual matchmaker isn’t necessarily though… Blizzard servers are doing the work to decide who gets paired and then assigns a host after.

I think you guys are arguing two different things.

What the hell does that have to do with the matchmaker?

1 Like

I think you don’t know how to read. Or lack the comprehension to understand how these two sources don’t truly contradict:

1. We know that P2P is not used to host matches
  2. we know that P2P is used in general.

Now, i’m going to throw in another key thing here:
-Europe is currently having lots of lag and other issues both in menu and in game.
-There are multiple servers in the US region (And Asia region iirc) and they do impact what your ping is.

So maybe, just maybe:
Having a P2P network with games hosted on/by Blizzard servers is entirely possible.

Let me know if I need to try to make it more clear.

Please, you just have to put a mark that is on the top left of the keyboard (next to the 1/!) on either side, and you effectively have a link.

Much difficult, very hard:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8bzsup/ama_with_heroes_developers_april_13_2018/dxb79v3/?context=3

1 Like

Doesn’t explain why Europe in game still is beset with lag and latency issues.

So, clearly, if there are issues with mass DC’s happening in game… I’m pretty sure there is something from HotS hooked up somewhere. It sure isn’t just P2P.

I can select Brazil as my default server for playing with AI teammates… and end up at 130-150ms ping.

And I can play US west and get 10-30. Despite the fact I am the only human playing. In both of these scenarios.

In a pure P2P network you would expect me to have 0 ping, as the host. The server is involved, it isn’t purely P2P.

1 Like

What is I don’t even.

You are suggesting a P2P system would share critical security information to make matches with other users?

You know — someone got sued for this back in 1996. Oh wait, that was Blizzard.

You’re as bad as the Democrats still pretending that they’re right even faced with astonishing evidence from the Mueller report.

Kid, you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re going on ignore now.

Thanks for derailing the topic and continuing to spread false information.

Care to explain how my ping can differ in a versus AI with AI teammates depending on the sub-server I select in America’s region once that case?

If i’m The only one in the game—why is my ping not 0?

Oh yeah, because you are at least partially incorrect.

1 Like