Why did you nerf Meph in ARAM but not Azmo, ZJ, or Tass?

You clipped Meph’s balls, but left the other OP heroes alone? Typical Blizzard.

3 Likes

the capacity for you to complain doesn’t not mean the evidence backs your complaints.

“typical blizz” has a range where balance becomes problematic, so if something is not within that range, it may not be addressed.

It’d be nice if you bothered to think this through instead of rolling yet another account for banal complaints :+1:

2 Likes

People will always complain.

1 Like

ARAM is staring to lose some of what made it appealing to me in the first place, the random part.

It was fair play to remove Sgt. Hammer, Rag’s “Lava Wave”, Chromie’s “Slowing Sands” etc., because these heroes, or ults were clearly too powerful for a one lane map. While I’m fine with Mephisto’s “Spite” talent being disabled, I do hope this isn’t the start of a trend to remove talents that over perform only on a one lane map.

Yes, I’m aware, “Spite” was performing well in all modes.

The appeal of ARAM to me, is that it’s not balanced and allows for talents or heroes that might be considered “bad” or weak in regular modes, to shine on a one lane map. I also enjoy strong synergies made stronger in ARAM, such as Li-Ming’s “Power Hungry” paired with Alexstrasza’s “Circle of Life” talent, or with Stitches “Hungry for More” talent, or the many heroes that benefit from a constant stream of globes.

ARAM is still a wonderful mess, and I’m perfectly fine with the removal of “Spite”, but I hope the Dev in charge doesn’t continue to disable heroes or talents out of a desire to achieve more balance in ARAM. Fun is subjective, I understand, but I’ve always been under the impression that ARAM is designed to be chaotic, which is where I find my fun with it anyway.

3 Likes

Spite was broken. Stukov E should catch a nerf too, so should azmo. but the real thing ruining ARAM is the dogsh-- matchmaking. It’s actually unbelievable. At least shuffle the bad players off my team once in 3 games.

1 Like

It sounds like we’re talking about Marvel Vs Capcom 2 lol.

4 Likes

Mephisto is complete dogwater to play without Spite. Just fully remove him from ARAM instead, you brainless clueless devs.

cept he isn’t if you can land durances. you just can’t run around the map collecting orbs and missing and not having it matter anymore.

2 Likes

Exactly. Not only that, but there’s literally no way to get rid of all ‘unfun’ things in ARAM.

I just got out of a match with 2 Stitches, Anduin, and Junkrat where they deliberately spent 30 minutes just trolling my team and pointlessly prolonging the game. If somebody (or a team of people) want to ruin the game, they will. It’d be nice to at least have counter measures.

2 Likes

I want to get rit of murky. A throw hero, its almost a autoloss when he is on my team before 20
UwU to you

2 Likes

I see Mephisto regularly as top damage/MVP without Spite, but having the Armor talent instead. His whole kit is broken in ARAM.

However this should not excuse the lazy zero effort patch Blizzard came up with. They should have a system which allows to nerf certain talents or spells in ARAM and NOT simply ban hammer things. Approaches like this can be developed by school kids.

Don’t see this as often with the lack of updates, but still hilarious when people tell on themselves when they say an OP hero that gets nerfed is somehow unplayable even though they’re still performing decently. Only confirming either they’re clueless about balance or they were relying on imbalanced heroes to fool themselves they’re better than they actually are.

Mephisto dropped 4%, which is admittedly pretty steep, to the unbearable positive win rate of 52% (though it might be slightly lower because Spite games are still showing up).

Though it is interesting how Mephisto was singled out in this way.

They have said there were ranges, but they have moved those goalposts depending on which dev was talking and also historically ignored those ranges to let heroes fester or stay OP for super long periods of time. Mephisto (according to HP data) though extremely strong in ARAM, wasn’t even consistently at the top top, so using that logic, if he was in those ranges, others like Naz could have easily met that criteria as well.

I just think Spite was an easy target in particular because it’s such an outlier talent while the other top heroes in ARAM just have a baseline power that doesn’t hinge as much on any single talent. Something like Zagara corpsefeeder could also fall in that category though maybe it wasn’t quite as bad as Spite and also a level 1 talent that has bigger implications on other talent synergies.

Looking at Mephisto’s other options, and not just in ARAM, QM, and Ranked too, I’m thinking Spite in general could see a small nerf while static barrier could see a redesign. A shield after lightning nova is just often not useful because you’re usually shading in with nova, and by the time you’re finished, you’re often safe and no longer need the shield, so it’s probably wasted.

it looks like you’re just addressing winrates, and less so the other metrics in the ‘range’ i was referencing. Pick rates, success rates, and talent variety are considerations in different modes, in particular skill ranges.

While there are some instances were HP is pretty close to the ‘actual numbers’, there are instances were it is not. Having something to point out doesn’t mean it coincides with what they see, or what they decide to address.

That doesn’t mean they’re infallible, but it does mean that the tl;dr of some posters doesn’t actually consider the ‘typical’ reason for certain changes.