Why am i losing points?

I stopped playing for like a month, sure, but i’m not a GM or something, why do i keep losing points win or lose? I wasn’t losing points before i left.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Because you say ‘shiz’.

3 Likes

Thanks for your unnecessary insight, i hope your children, if u ever have any, are better individuals.

2 Likes

Np.

Ah, well I don’t know, those are big shoes to fill.

Personal Rank Adjustment?

2 Likes

Yes it’s da bomb, I gather we won’t have it next season. I wouldn’t worry about it.

3 Likes

I lost so many points by this one.

1 Like

probably gained so many points too.

If I’m correct, PRA works something like this:
If the MM think you will win and you win, you lose a bit from the base 200 points. If the MM think you will lose but you win, you gain a few extra points.
It helps putting and keeping ppl where they belong.

I believe that is Favored Team Adjustment, not Personal Rank Adjustment.

6 Likes

I’ve been getting a lot of PRA for a while. I get around 30 every match and still do up to 9000 Master’s. (TL)

Fair point.
But PRA is something like that. It probably tries to keep your mmr and rank synced.

That is what I always understood PRA to be. If your MMR is higher than your rank, you will be given a positive PRA at the end of a match to try and get them closer in sync.

1 Like

So somehow between when i left and came back, i no longer belong in my current rank…hm, okay…well if it doesn’t return next season, i’ll be happy about that much. Thank the majority of you for your input.

Yes , you get rusty over time and your reflexes may get dulled on certain asoect of the game or you make poor decisions that you would had normally not made before leaving.

Its like anything , do martial arts for years and then for a years before stsrting back and see what happens lol

The personal rank adjustment makes sense and is justified.

Depending how long you stop playing you’ll have rank decay. Rank decay was introduced so that people don’t just reach a rank, then stop playing for a year and automatically go back to that rank, effectively being misplaced.

However, if you win a game then lose points, that’s a bug.

rank decay here though is only for like master/grandmaster i think as i recall. no one else gets decayed.

it was part of the early 2018 updates i believe.

No, decay applies to diamond as well.

The rate of decay is just different.

LEAGUE INACTIVE DAYS BEFORE DECAY EXTRA GRACE PERIOD DAYS
Diamond 20 10
Master 15 10
Grand Master 10 10

Also, this changed as well:

Previously, a player could skip the current Hero League season entirely and attempt to increase their MMR by playing in other game modes. By doing so, they could gain more favorable placement match re-seeding at the start of the next ranked season. We’d prefer to see players progress through the ranking system naturally by competing in Hero League rather than using Quick Match or Unranked Draft to give a boost to their rankings. As a result, all returning Hero League players will now be re-seeded based on their most recent Hero League performance data, instead of their skill in other game modes.

3 Likes

personally i think it should apply to all ranks. if you leave your rank should go down slowly regardless of where you are on the board.

ya that one is a good change too though it has its problems as well.

I think it should apply to most ranks, except maybe bronze / low silver. Getting out of there is hard enough.