Why Am I being put against a 4 stack that has a GM and

You should try rereading what I wrote then.

1 Like

Blizzard thinks a lot of things different than their players. That’s why they are across the board on a decline and in 5 years from now just a small producing studio for MS or Activision.

clearly self awareness is not your thing . keep spouting nonsense . keep telling and defending your lies . keep being part of the problem . hurting the game seems to be your agenda . job well done

2 Likes

sadder still are the sad brainless trolls still defending this dead game . especially in light of the truth that you continue to ignore . you are your own problem. keep blaming players for this games failed existence it won’t bring it back to life . live in your delusion or maybe grow up and deal with reality that this game died because it failed to provide a honest balanced game . zero integrity = game death. no mystery here just forum trolls engaged in wishful thinking… next you should tell me how ban’s have worked to help the game LOL

2 Likes

If people would stop quitting and have some basic game knowledge then most games would become more easy to overcome even againts high ranked players.

In the end its not the players fault that they decide to groupe up because Blizzard decide to make a game mode that mostly tries to make fast games not balanced games. The complainers can always just go play ranked instead then they will never face high ranked players that often as you would in QM. And then you also have a chance to ban/draft your own team aswell and not just the premades.

QM was never intended to be balanced like ranked It was made to give out fast games and give people the option to choose thier fav hero and let them play that hero with a semi optimal comp.

But alot of ranked deniers just want QM to become like ranked without the huge wait time.

1 Like

More like reading comprehension yours.

I never said that what happened is fair. I just explained how the system works. Stating that is neutral.
Then I listed the possibilities for fair and unfair scenes.

The most possible reason is: low population.
Since Quickmatch will always value being Quick over other things and it can only put ppl actively queueing at the same time together, wild mmr/skill differencies can happen, especially since smurfs seemingly take bigger percentage of the population than before.

Why HotS got to a state where it has low population? Obviously not for the reasons you often repeat because those complains are loud even among the LoL and Dota communities, yet those games are fine.
While the biggest hits this game got are all lined up with the worst Acti-Blizz PR moves, like “yOuGuYsHaVePhOneS”, the bad WC:Reforged, China, canceling Esports out of the blue and so on.
Ppl just got tired of this company, which effects the game as well.

But it doesn’t matter how often I state my not so loving opinion about the company, or write down the details of certain things, ignorant trolls like you will just say “fanboi” and other similar things suggesting I blindly defend anything.

I like the game. It lacks certain features it shouldn’t. It can be tweaked and improved. But most of the complains are “l2p” issues actually or just a lack of self awareness.
And yes, the company is bad and do a lot of things badly (but the devs are cool).

4 Likes

loads of nonsense again . keep trying to explain away the failings of this game all you want it won’t change the outcome . you being convinced on how the system works is pretty much irrelevant in light of game experience . but here you are still trying to tell me how it works …spoiler it doesn’t . people being tired of a company has little to no impact if the game is good. the game didn’t change in way’s it needed to ensure it’s survival .

will continue to be the problem

It was literally explained by the devs themselves, you would know if you’d also read patchnotes and their comments. Lol.

2 Likes

people aren’t 'defending the game, they’re trying to either debunk superstition posted by ignoramuses, like yourself, or provide information on how ‘ded’ games persist – which is several – despite the efforts of people that effectively go out of their way to make themselves miserable. My pointing out your inconsistent and delusional conduct does not ‘blame the players for the game’ it points out the issue of people that do not have a good grasp of ‘logic’ and demonstrate problematic behavior that extends beyond this game.

I have been in a teaching capacity for about 20 years in trying to convey scientific literacy to people, and the biggest uphill part of it is attitudes, such as yours, that claim they know things but vehemently refuse to notice the incongruity they have created. At best you just parrot back terms that I (or others) posted at you, but fundamentally, chromic complaints do not do anything useful. Anyone can point out how something is “problem”, but somehow, there is a subset of people that revel in blaming others at the behest of their own conduct. People can either look to try to improve something – which you don’t do – or learn how to work with what is already as is – which you also do not do.

What you do instead is refuse to read something through, act like you’re still knowledgable, make bad predictions, and refuse to adapt, improve, and make things better for anyone else you encounter. You spout lies and act like you ‘figured’ out anyone else despite the direct disagreement in what you claim, what they posted, and how your predictions don’t actually hold up.

The basis of learning comes from imitation, and correctly imitating something. You’re grasp of processing, observation, and imitation and below adolescent conduct and you delude yourself into thinking it’s better so you can revel in doing the same thing and celebrate effectual failure.

Calling something a ‘troll’ does not excuse that you are simply ‘trolling’ yourself in a best-case scenario. You think you’ve posted some ‘win/win’ situation in surmising that is someone replies to you you ‘trolled’ the time from them, and if they don’t, then you’re ‘right’. Instead this is essentially ‘lose/lose’ and reveling in ignorance, faulting others, and repeating the same garbage regardless of what someone posts toward you do not work as you seem to think it does.

If you were remotely literate, you probably could have seen what I have posted regarding ‘bans’ and not have to poise bad predictions that simply don’t hold up. Your willful ignorance is your own worst problem and the world is full of this garbage conduct that persists in making issues far more problematic in basic living than it should be. But you think people are ‘defending’ something since your processing and pride refuses to actually know what’s going on, and tell yourself lies to compensate.

Pointing these issues out isn’t ‘blaming players’ for the ‘games failure’, it’s pointing out how people are setting themselves up for a bad time regardless of it being this game or not. THAT is why the same complaints persist across any online game with multiplayer components and why many of these communities – forum or reddit – have veteran players that often respond with pointing out that these same issues exist on other games.

You don’t seem to be aware of that reality. That’s part of why constant complaining pretty much only wastes your time, and it’s ‘sad’ that you’re proud of this crap. So, when you decide to get over yourself and actually catch up to what people have known for years, you do can more than make crappy predictions and learn how to improve from ‘failure’ instead of repeating the same thing for years on end. You are the very example of the thing you’re trying to fault at others, and you will be your own problem provided you keep up this crap.

You can call others trolls, but you don’t help, you don’t tell jokes, you don’t really engage with the ‘community’ aside to flame other people. Being a one-note joke isn’t the ‘problem’ of someone else lacking self-awareness. That’s on you

2 Likes

Not much you can do when you try and reason with deluted people that keep clinging to thier own stories.

I have never seen that guy having a healthy debate with anyone or post in community threads.

Just a lone deluted wolf that only act toxic and dont got anything better to do in his life other then trolling on a meme forum he once called it.

You better off having him on ignore instead of wasting your time with him.

In his mind everyone is a liar and he is telling the truth like he is some holy guy with a stick that tries to convert people into his mindset making them believe his narrative is the only truth that exists.

I’ve got client correspondances to compose, procedural papers to processes, and when I get home tonight, I might punch out another pithy poem. Having a warmup prompt isn’t a waste for me when my goal is to write it regardless of the direct recipients willingness to read retoric :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The question that needs to be asked here is why are you bringing out the big guns for this? Sure,

Anyone can point out how something is “problem”, but somehow, there is a subset of people that revel in blaming others at the behest of their own conduct. People can either look to try to improve something – which you don’t do – or learn how to work with what is already as is – which you also do not do.

the above is sound advice for life, but this is a game, my guy. This isn’t high stakes, this is supposed to be for fun - the game is supposed to be enjoyable. You don’t need to be a deeply morally flawed person to be frustrated that you queued up for a few QM games and instead of the usual barely tolerable clownfiesta you get steamrolled by b-stepping players far above your team’s skill level. This is ordinary human nature that has not even much to do with skill. Grandmasters complain all the time about having diamond pepegas on their team while the enemy team has real GMs. If you were to ask the nicer high winrate QM 5-stackers why they do it instead of playing SL, the most sympathetic answer you’ll get is they don’t want to wait an hour in SL to get a game going. So, confronted with a situation where the choice is either to pare down the size of their stack or wait longer than they’d like to, they didn’t accept the situation, they didn’t “improve” anything, they made a self-serving choice to either smurf in lower ranks or stomp in QM. Do you know what happens in games where your team is getting completely steamrolled and they don’t understand why? There is flaming, there are ragequits, there is intentional feeding. The majority of the people enduring this get toxic because they automatically assumed that the match is supposed to be roughly fair when it’s anything but. Things change with time. The categories of what people complain about may not, but incentives change, numbers change, and just because some people complained about the gas price even when it was $1.49/gallon doesn’t mean that the people complaining when it’s $4.74/gallon are also just blaming everyone else for their problems.

This isn’t ‘big guns’ “my guy”. It’s two pages of writing off the cuff; it’d have to be stretched to even fill a 5 - 10 minute presentation. For people that aren’t scared of reading and writing, having something more than a 3-paragraph structure is “fun” because it takes length for people to actually convey ideas and counter-points. As a ‘forum’ this isn’t just an outlet to repeat the same complaints, but a place for people to communicate in a medium that takes longer than a tweet or tiktok.

For anyone that is trying to improve/maintain a particular skill, they’re going to practice specific things. Workouts will emphasize moving a muscle group more than the rest to break it down, and then build it back up; musicians will work on a particular phrase, speed runners a specific segment, painters a particular stroke, writing requires working on similar things. If I was writing @ a specific person, then I’m ‘wasting my time’, but my unspoken “thesis” conveyed across several posts over several years is things are only a ‘waste’ if the person leaves their efforts at that and convinces themselves to stop trying.

Yea, people that complain about their frustrations are effectively indicating how much they don’t know about something: they don’t know how to find opportunities, and they don’t know what options are available to them, so they keep repeating the same things, and when something doesn’t change, they want mom/dad to fix it for them. My pointing that out to people that don’t want to know what options are actually there for them isn’t going to get them to read it. However, other people that are wiling to read things, well there’s something that was ‘practice’ and it isn’t just a “waste” to read it through.

1 Like

I’m not referring to the length. Though, if your goal is to actually effectively communicate to those you wish to reach and assuming that audience is as cognitively stunted as you seem to be implying, then you might consider making your posts shorter. By “big guns” I mean the conversational layer you’re addressing them on. It’s like if someone complains about their boss and you bring up their childhood relationship with their father. Makes sense for someone you’ve known for 10 years and has complained about every boss they’ve had, but maybe doesn’t make sense for a person with an actual sociopath for a boss.

Now, I don’t know if you’ve played NA QM in the past year, but it’s changed. 5-stacks that totally outmatch your team went from a once a week event to a daily one. From just two days of casual play this week I already had that experience 4 times. Coincidentally, there is a thread (reddit dot com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/xqnjgf/anyone_notice_a_disproportionate_amount_of_5/) about this very topic on the subreddit, and the response there is much more reasonable and understanding. Nobody there is explicitly or implicitly questioning the OP’s perception of the issue or digging into his psychic make up because at this point the reality of this problem is so obvious that it would be like questioning if gen chat is dominated by right wing trolls and spammers.

This a real problem that would frustrate nearly anyone and, unfortunately, there is no “in game” solution to it short of becoming a literal top 50 player with a specialization in busting 5-stacks. Being slightly better than them (a feat in itself for the average victim of these stacks) isn’t enough because you’re not dealing with 1 smurf but a coordinated group of several players each of whom holds a smurf’s advantage in skill over several of your teammates. You have to either play SL, where it’s not quite as bad, or you have to find your own stack of coordinated higher level players, or you have to start keeping records to figure out what time of day to queue to minimize your chances of running into 5-stacks, or you have to start looking into looking for bugs that you can use to “queue dodge” in QM (presumably, you could troll them with the already known bug involving 1024 disconnects during loading) or play ARAM/quit this game altogether. Many people have exercised the last option for this and other problems, which is why this game has been hemorrhaging players, but those who are complaining deserve our sympathy. They like this game and they want it to be fun. Struggling to find fun where so many have already simply given up isn’t a flaw, it’s very human and very normal.

That is true, but…

• The best and most reliable approximation of fair matchmaking is draft mode
  • It seems to only ever be a vocal problem when they lose unfairly

That second point in particular speaks volumes about their underlying character. OP asked a question, it was answered. OP and others did not like/believe the answer, and so went off. That’s their problem.

Honestly, people just need to stop crying. You lost? Do something about it. Try again (because why not), try making a group and see how well you do, play draft, or just stop playing. It’s not hard.

3 Likes
  1. prior context exists.
  2. previous replies to posters like this, and topics like this, have been shorter. Complaints aren’t generally about having recourse anyway, but if they actually want an ‘answer’ then getting something they have seen/heard/read before may catch their attention better than more of the same.
  3. Many of the anecdotes expressed on these are actually lies. While some regions and times are more pronounced for stacks, looking up uploaded games or shared replays has a tendency to revel that some of the detail conveys are inaccurate, either due to lacking attention on a ‘lost game’ or they conflate details of the experience by the time they get to forum/reddit to post.

The bigger issue tends to be one of perspective. Yea, there are games of intentional compositions that exploit qm matching, but other cases tend to default to the “oh we lose this at load screen” so they conduct themselves accordingly and go in to the ‘toxic’ stuff because they default to fault-finding instead of experimentation, observation, or cooperation.

Since I’m going to give topics the benefit-of-the-doubt, I’d rather post something ‘deeper’ as a litmus test of accuracy or sincerity to the post instead of just more copypasta. While you seem more keen on giving in for hyperbole, the players aren’t looking for ‘fun’ – dota-like games are terrible for that – but they may not know how to phrase what they actually want, but since people default to the assumption that games are ‘fun’, that’s the reply they give, even if they just want affirmation of something being ‘fair’ to not actually be ‘fair’ and instead be a combination of other qualities that supply poor amounts of gratification instead.

Flawed as it can seem now, the game has immense benefits for grouping, and people that fixate on a solo showboat that doesn’t exist are setting themselves up for a bad experience, qm exploits or no.

1 Like

Problem is people want ranked standarts in QM while refusing to play ranked becasue they cant play thier fav hero in that game mode and might be forced to play a role they suck at.

And what the topic goes for that is Blizzards fault not the players that choose to team up. They made the game like this. They even removed groupe icons on loading screen to prevent quitters from leaving the game if they saw enemy team was a 5 stack.

Sure some stacks are toxic tryhards and only play qm to abuse it to have 80%+ winrate but that is Blizzards fault they allow try hard stacks to have that high winrate in qm while useing solo players as canon fodder.

I also notist that I get extended que everytime I play QM now. Ended up againts a team who had two heores with self heal where one of them was Aba hatted Butcher. We stood no chance. Was fun I had to HS back to base evey 5 sec casue we got Tyrande on the team had cant heal all the dmg we take from Guldan/Reghar and Butcher.

Also reason why this game was build around ranked and no QM since QM you end up getting clownfiesta games like that where one team can snowball whole game and the other team are forced to afk in base until they lose.

Pretty much. Under normal circumstances grouping up gives you better chance of winnng but alot of players would rather play solo and then thy get beaten by a 5 stack and gets frustrated by it cause they are used to play games that dont match 5 stacks up againts solos or duo teams.

There is an article about Halo devs who made a report about 5 stacks in thier game could make 20 solo players quit every hour so they forced 5 stack to face 5 stacks only no matter how long they would be forced to wait for a game but they found out that was for the best.

Watching 20 solo players uninstall every hour because of 5 stacks was not healthy for the game. Just too bad you cant do the same here cause then you would have hard triggered 5 stacks running to the forum/Reddit and cry about having to wait 3 hours for a game. And we all know people in this game no matter solo or 5 stack dont want to wait hours for a game.

1 Like

The op is a question: “why?”
It was answered with facts, listing every possibility.
There are possibilities that say, it was “fair”, and the mere chance for that triggered a lot, while no one said it was fair, but fair possibilities do exist which can explain it.

I personally even said, the most possible reason “why?” was that the population is low, and cannot give either team enemies with the right mmr values.

As you said, there is no ingame option to avoid losing to skilled 5stacks. To avoid them.
But the company quitted the game, no support, so there won’t be change either.
And tbh, the problem would seizes to exist with population, which would create corporate-interest.

What do ppl expect? There is a problem that exist because there’s no one to fix it, but it would fix itself if there would be someone to fix it.

The situation is sad. All we can do is to explain “why?” this happens, give our condolences, because it was surely a bad experience, and try to suggest ways how ppl can make the most out of it.

2 Likes

You will twist whatever I say, but I’ve been on record here enough times regarding my personal criticisms of balance in both QM and Ranked.

The thing is, they Devs did absolutely try to balance QM. I won’t argue that they did things perfectly or in a timely enough fashion, but for you to say they didn’t listen to complaints and attempt to address them, is false.

One big example of where the Devs listened to the community and tried to balance QM was by forcing the MM to mirror both tank/heals for both teams. The first attempt of this was even more strict, it didn’t allow games to be created without a tank or a healer for both sides, as both here and on Reddit this was a MM change most players requested.

At this time they also introduced the “Call of the Nexus” feature that awarded players more exp for playing a Tank or Healer in QM. They also made it less likely to have mirror matches due to complaints about that.

Some of this had to be scrapped due to high queue times as even with the exp bonus, players were unwilling to play tanks and healers often enough to make it so both teams would always have them.

I’ll agree with you that the above changes to QM, had they been introduced in 2016 rather than 2018 might have made QM a more balanced mode, but that’s just conjecture. There would always remain huge roadblocks to “balancing” a mode where a player can pick the hero of their choice and keep queue times short.

Draft modes exist for more balanced matches, but the playerbase consistently avoided options like Unranked Draft, Team League and even Hero League, in favor of the obviously unbalanced QM.

4 Likes

The devs have tried what they can to make the game better but what can they do when they always have a minority of the playerbase that would get mad about the changes and force them to revert it back again.

As a former dev once said on Reddit. No matter what we did the players were never happy so there it is. The players are part of why alot of good stuff were removed becasue you had those minorities crying that it made the game bad for them and better for others.

And you will keep denieing the hard facts people present you casue you are so much down in your own head that you only believe in your own stories.

Blizzard did what they could to satiesfie its players but when you have small minorities of cry babies crying about something that were removing thier fun then you wont see any real changes when the players are in charge of what should be added or not.

One groupe of players are happy about the change and the others cries in a cornor asking it to be removed again and guess who Blizzard listen to the most. They listen to all the snowflakes and cry babies out there that are having thier fun removed so dont tell us they did not try.

He will and he will keep on doing it. I have never seen this guy having an agreement with anyone but himself. Does not matter what you tell him. He is full of himself.

1 Like