Who's trying out League of Legends?

It took a LOT of time to get used to, but I kind of like the game despite the wonky control scheme.

1 Like

just give me a game like that with moba controls and I will be happy lol.

It looked super weird to me just off the screenshots/store page so I didn’t give it a try. Is it like top down OW/Paladins in a way?

It’s top down, 2v2 or 3v3 Arena style with WASD movement. The full roster of heroes is unlocked with $35 and I guess they now have a Battle Royale mode.

Every champion has like 2 EX abilities which are charged up version of their normal abilities that add extra benefits or something like that.

There are no point and click abilities, everything is a skill shot.

Each champion is rather complicated mechanically so if you want to play ranked you’re pretty much only going to be one tricking who you’re good with.

It’s not terrible, I vastly prefer it to LOL (I haven’t played DOTA2) but IMO it’s not as good as HOTS.

1 Like

Nah, I came to play HOTS because I can’t get into LoL/DoTA in the first place. It would be extremely silly to go back to the game that I can’t get into because HOTS doesn’t have Esport and is in “maintenance mode”.

Also, assuming that HOTS is dead, most likely I will stop playing MOBA for good instead of trying (or jumping to) other MOBA game.

So yeah, the answer is NO, I won’t try LoL.

1 Like

I think I might have seen Grubby playing the battle royale version now that I think of it, sounds interesting. Something else to try out at least, ty for the info. Loadouts for this remind me of the card loadout system you can do in Paladins which is why I prefer that over OW, a hero will always play the same in OW. In Paladins I can change the playstyle around with different loadout builds/main talents.

Actually, I gave Dota a shot, since Hots was my first moba. It had me have this moment of: “Ah, that’s what they mean when they say ‘strategic depth!’” :wink:

this game needs an item system or rune/mastery system, wtf r u talking about… a no-go… -_-;;

You can do the same in Battlerite.

You want to quit, just do it. No one is asking for you to stay. If you are only here because you’re on someone’s payroll trying recruit more players for their game, then get out.

4 Likes

Chances are it will be like Nexomania/Alterac Valley where the Lunar event comes right the Winter’s one ends.

if you feel like you have been punched then maybe you just shouldnt be playing. i mean unless you are a masochist. that kind of person tends to like being hurt over and over again.

personally i never liked HGC. in fact right from the start i said it was going to be a huge money loss on their part. im glad its gone. the only reason i ever watched streams of it, recently, was for the loot chests and drops. which i would just leave the channels running in the background on mute and minimized. so still… not even watching them really.

lunar new year is just another holiday. one out of tons in the year. which to be quite honest its a chinese holiday that not everyone observes. just saying. im glad they threw in there, but i dont feel like they have to put it up all the time. maybe they can throw up an event like for “International Programmer’s Day” Jan 7. so they can thank all the hard work the teams do in making these games.

would you rather they lose money and eventually go bankrupt? or would you like the company to remain very profitable even if it means cutting out a few excesses that may be causing them issues?

:ice_cream:

I’ve put hours into both LoL and Smite. I hate sitting in lane and killing minions over and over for 40 minutes. I love the objective concept of heroes that no other moba offers.

Nah, from what I understand about the alternatives they are neither better or worse than HotS. They have their issues and requirements, and I am having too much of a blast with killing bots with the new and improved Sylvanas.

I’ll quit MOBAS before I ever go to another game. I enjoy the drop in-drop out capability of HotS. I can either play for hours on end or just fifteen minutes a day and still feel I am making progress.

Nah the gameplay looks slow and long games are off putting for me.
Plus there is no medivh no abathur no zeratul no Alarak and no Diablo in it.

I’ve been trying to get in to Dota2 and LOL before hots. It just didn’t click for me. Those were really boring to me.
I like Hots because it is not really a moba. Or at least it is much faster paced, the action starts right away and it is much more dynamic.
It is funny because even though Hots is more team play dependent it is more fun to play solo for me than other mobas. Those I can’t imagine to play without a full team of friends.
And I couldn’t care less about pro scene and streamers.

1 Like

It is a MOBA just a simplified one…problem is they are trying to simplify it too much. At that point might as well go play Battlerite which is not really a MOBA at all in the conventional sense.

Don’t. Just don’t. I played DotA since v. 6.15 in WC3, played LoL for 2.5 years, have 1600 hours in DotA 2 and I choose HotS.

Even if on the face of it other MOBAs can be attractive, there are tonns of hidden things which you will have an unpleasant time discovering.

3 Likes

Hm. Odd. Starcraft seems to be doing just fine.

I was pretty surprised how the quarterfinals of the KSL ended up.

I’m someone people seem to like to call a Shill, but, er.

I’m pretty sure HotS (sans HGC money/costs/profit/etc) was profitable before the team was cut. HGC might have been profitable (unsure).

It wasn’t profitable enough.

Like how the newest CoD was a “disappointment” because it just sold 500 million dollars of games in it’s first three days. Which wasn’t an increase from previous CoD games.