Whoops, you won too many games. Time to give you unwinnable ones to balance it out!

Matchmaking in a nutshell.

71 Likes

Yeah, it’s sad to see some people in these forums say otherwise.

28 Likes

To be fair you probably won unloseable games before that.

22 Likes

That’s not how it works though.

17 Likes

My TL Team record is like 29-3 right now. The games we lost felt like absolute stomps but I know it’s not totally skill based. They were favored, and we did a bad draft, and we didn’t play or communicate well.

It does feel that the match making will go out of it’s way to tear you down a peg if you’re consistently winning, but it’s also not going to throw bronze or silvers to the wolves vs. diamonds and masters.

True, but I wouldn’t use the term “to be fair” to describe a MMing system that creates games that are always completely unfair for one team or the other.

Stomps are stupid. It doesn’t matter which team is doing the stomping.

Also, inb4 “working as intended” fanbois show up. If “working as intended” means “completely f–ked up” then what is “intended” clearly needs to be changed.

25 Likes

I like smart people like you. I do not like fanbois. I liked your post.

2 Likes

Blizzard is definitely forcing me into some losses tonight. It really takes the fun out of the game…why even try at that point? Winning should be based on how hard you try and how well you play.

2 Likes

70% win rate on my main. Also if you at all understood how the MMR thing worked you will know that the game is just trying to adjust you to a point so that you are back at 50% and trying to figure out where you belong at the moment.

8 Likes

Little did you know, you are one lucky mother in this lottery matchmaker.

1 Like

another normal day in Hots。

3 Likes

Like a program could know what is and what isn’t winnable…
The map is random, the Heroes you can get as teammates are based on the players who are queueing atm (synergies between Heroes and with the map is not described in game), the state (tilted or calm; focused or deconcentrated; will dc or not; etc) of those players are “random” (something Blizz can’t know).
It would be delightful if ppl won’t blame the game just because their team lost.

25 Likes

I win too many games in a row - normal, nothing to see here…

I lose a few games in a row - the Blizzard MM has an international conspiracy against my skillsets

22 Likes

I have a 55%-65% winrate every season since release of the game 3 years ago. I guess both you and me got just lucky for the last 3000 games.

5 Likes

You don’t need a super computer to figure out if you match 4 players with 2 overall kda with someone above 8 vs 5 players with 4 overall kda, the feeder team will always lose.

5 Likes

Really? So when I queue for QM after fighting insanely hard, carrying, calling game winning shots for the past few games and I get match with someone with 250 games on my team it’s completely random and working as intended? Don’t think so… Been playing on and off since beta and I’ll tell you 1 thing, games have been getting less and less fair since then. The only time I win now is when I carry with plays or shot calling, otherwise there’s too many feeders, people that don’t know how to position and just die, healers that wait 5 seconds beyond their cooldowns to heal (verified with replays) and people that ignore calls and objectives. I am either able to get these people to work together for 1 fight post 20 mins or we lose 100% of the time.

4 Likes

Congrats you’re better than the people around you. Do it every game and you’ll climb. Is the “Bli$$ conspiracy” that you only bother to do that half the time? Or that you can’t have 100% win rate?

4 Likes

Even that isn’t true. There is no such thing as guaranteed win.

Hi there. Playing since beta, games seems better than ever. I don’t say you are wrong because I experience something esle. I say you are not right, cuz I don’t experience what you do.

6 Likes

The problem isn’t forced losses per se, but there are just some matches where the matchmaker clearly didn’t try hard enought to ensure a fair match.

imgur com/bvn22rg

“OH, but it looks like you should have destroyed them!”

When you put 4 warriors on the same team on the largest map against Sylvanas and Nazeebo, there is no way we can out-clear them. Any advantage we ever got was nullified by the fact that they could turn the wave around on us with little effort. We had 0 damage in the early game. By the time our power kicked in, theirs was even stronger.

COULD we have won? Sure. However, a composition like that should NEVER happen against a relatively normal comp like theirs. If it doesn’t insta-tilt/demoralize your team, being forced into a 30 minute game where you’re playing from behind after the first 10 minutes is no fun.

The matchmaker is complete garbage. It needs to force mirrored roles in QM to lessen the chance of stuff like this happening. This is a change that could be made at any time. It honestly could. 0 reason why this isn’t in the game already.

The “mentor-buddy” system where high MMR players get paired with lower MMR players needs to go away too. If you put the equivalent of a silver 3 player with a bunch of gold 1s, the silver 3 player is either going to make a bunch of bad decisions that bring the team down, or they just won’t be able to keep up. Match 10 players of EQUAL skill together and let them settle it on the battlefield. Obvious stuff where I have to explain to people that engaging down a man while down a talent tier and pleading with them to not do that for the 5th time is infuriating. The system doesn’t even do a good job of hiding it.

I lost 85% (yes, you read that right) of my games up until this Monday because I was on a good streak before that. Every single game had a feeder, a flamer, someone whose skill I greatly eclipsed, or some combination of the above.

It ruins my desire to play.

4 Likes

Man, you mix alot of stuff together here. Lets structure this a little bit:

1. When someone is talking about MM its usually about matching players with equal skill, team combs in QM is a completely seperate issue.
    So, in terms of teamcombs in QM i agree, they are sometimes unfair. But thats how QM was advertised from the beginning so it is kind of expected.
    Although it is expected from a game mode that is advertised as “random teamcomps”, i agree that there is no reason to keep it that way.

2. You talk about silver and gold players as if there was a huge difference. Its not like a gold player blows silver players out of the water. Matching players of neighboring leagues (like gold and silver) is totally fine.

3. Anecodotal evidence like: “i lost 85% games because the matchmaker made me lose” is worth nothing. Why? Because it is easily refuted by another playing saying: “i dont experience that therefore it is wrong”.
    If you think the MM is broken and streaks are forced: bring actual evidence. (By the way, someone already did that on the old forum. He tracked 100 of his games, calculated the correlation coefficient and what a surprise: there was no correlation between winning and losing streaks whatsoever)

5 Likes