Who do you think needs the most and least concentration?

For me, I need to be in the zone for…
Most concentration: ZJ, Whitemane and Rexx

And the heroes I can just be in easy mode and don’t really need to think are:
Lili, Naz, Morales and Nova

yours?

and here I was about to post to see what’s the easiest build
malfurion regrow doesn’t put it’s self on
whitemanes been played so much that I don’t have to think about my lash placement anymore

Ana, Rexxar, KTZ, Whiteman.

Depending on your goal, having high concentration on certain heroes isn’t required to win.

TLV have the highest potential of carrying a game, but they don’t need high APM to get results.
Just like Fenix doesn’t need to W swap spam or perfectly stutter step at 3.89 attacks per second to get results.

Gazlowe should be on the lower end. With mage build, you just spam stuff almost randomly and don’t AA.

Having one-tricked TLV for ~2 years, TLV has gotten to the point where I don’t need much concentration to play them, however any other hero for me takes a lot of concentration because I possess a massive skill issue and I don’t understand how non-viking macro works.

2 Likes

Hmm, Johanna is pretty powerful and allows for some mistakes, and if for some reason she’s not banned I will take her if we need a tank.

Morales however, I am constantly looking at peoples health bars, moving my beam around, dropping shields on people, auto attacking and throwing grenades at people. Seriously, one of the most stressful heroes to pick.

And then there’s a whole group of people who want to ‘focus’ you. Yes, people think killing you is the most important thing in the game, they might not be wrong, but I would put Morales in high concentration tier.

1 Like

Yeah, as a Morales player, she’s my “comfort” pick, but when I watch replays of her, or even my own allies when I’m not playing her, I realize that what seems intuitive to me, is actually quite a lot of “work” going on in the background that most people don’t do.

Sure, you can play her without concentrating, but you’d probably be playing her poorly, and depending a lot on your allies to make healing easier for you. Because she doesn’t have AOE heals, you have to always be on triage and ready to switch heals at a moment’s notice, and because of mana management, also knowing when to switch off heals and understand optimal positioning to be within range to heal (so many don’t even try because it’s too “dangerous”) while also being out of harm’s way, or using their own CDs to just power through the abuse while your team is doing work.

A lot of bad Morales players just choose a target that is being focused and keep beam on them even if they’re no longer in danger, and then almost completely ignore everyone else, including other allies that need help, or even themselves and their available CDs. It’s like great, you kept the heal beam on, but how about using that grenade to knock people back, that’s probably at least 5 AAs worth of damage you’re mitigating.

For me it’s Deathwing as the easiest, i can come back to this game after years, and not care at all and win most games and get MVP often. I don’t play him much in ranked because people love to counter him, not a little but like 2+ picks for some reason, though that helps us actually… anyways. It’s near impossible to gank DW, unless it’s a weird enemy composition in QM where they have so much damage that you melt in a second. But without that exception, he is super easy. Heres a tip, you only go Destroyer form when they don’t have enough damage to kill you or even break your armour plates, that is when you absolutely destroy, otherwise don’t do it, you will deal exactly 5 points of damage before dying.

Hardest ? Alarak of course.

1 Like