Where and How did you come up with your in-game name?

Where and how did you come up with your IGN?

-Did you get it from another video game/ video game character?
-From randomly pressing keys on the keyboard?
-From an anime character?
-By consulting a demon through the use of the Ouija Board?
-Or from your own parents perhaps???

Imma start first, since I posted this ofc uwu

My IGN belonged to a blue-haired ponytail revolver-shooting female pirate RPG character, named ‘Skully’ from a long deceased game on Facebook, ‘Buddy Rush’. Anyone know that old, adorable, fun game? No?.. (awww. sad noises) …Well, ok nvm, just look it up.

I used to go by a different name which I won’t mention just cause, haha. Anyways, I went by the name ‘SkullyPirate’ because I was a really big fan of the dead game and its adorable characters, most especially ‘Skully’ cuz gosh, I really love ranged characters and the color blue. Unfortunately, the game died because the company could no longer continue to support it due to multiple bugs that kept reoccurring in the game itself. (Hmmm, sounds like a particular game I know, haha kidding!)

And no, just because I have ‘pirate’ in my name does not mean I enjoy playing BlackHeart’s Bay!

So, dear reader, where and how did you come with your IGN? Care to share?

11 Likes

One of my favorite desserts…

Always used it for gaming; to the point IRL gaming friends sometimes call me by Profiterol or Profi, etc

Fun fact… Back in my ol’ WoW days, all my friends also adopted cake/dessert names. My dungeon party was:

• Profiterol
  • Tartaleta (spanish for tart)
  • Tiramisu
  • Golfeado (google it)
  • LemonPie

At some point we talked about making our own Guild called “The Bakery” or something… :slight_smile:

I still use this name on all my gaming.

4 Likes

I don’t think i need to explain myself :smiley:
but interesting post,i like it

5 Likes

I made my name in world of warcraft as I was creating a human male paladin. I was thinking, “What would be a good name for a human male paladin?” and then I kept using this nick for most of my gaming accounts.

On other forums, I had always used the screen name “Hokulele” which is Hawaiian for “shooting star”. I used the same name for one of my WoW characters, and when bnet was first implemented, decided to go with a shorter form, which then carried over to HotS. According to Hotslogs, there are a number of Hokus.

3 Likes

I have a mouse.
20 characters.

2 Likes

Pretty obvious, I’ve seen so many variations yet not a single person with mine, SlowboLaggins (gimme one more letter Blizz). I used to have horrible internet in the past growing up, now I have great internet lol.

2 Likes

I played World of Warcraft since I was 8 and back in Cataclysm I decided I didn’t enjoy the game anymore.

But back in 2010-2012 era, I was insane about Panda’s (Still am somewhat, those cute little fluffers)

When Mists of Pandaria was announced I was hyped as I could be, I got myself a new account since I lost my email to the old one and made a Monk and mained that for half a year.

I as a player always really like Melee classes that just go ham, thats why in HotS I love melee heroes and in OW I really love Brigitte (even tho she’s OP)

I decided to make a Pandaren Warrior and since my name IRL is Sammy and I am crazy about History especially the medieval area with castles and knights, I was like “Why not SammyKnight?”

And that stuck and 6 years later I still main my Pandaren Warrior SammyKnight and all my online names, Discord, Steam, Battlenet account etc have been SammyKnight :smiley:

2 Likes

Say my name

6 Likes

My name is unoriginal, there’s no need to know from where I got it.

But

This is true.

2 Likes

Well, you do have a disguised letter “L” in there, so … I am uncertain?

6 Likes

Don’t read it just say it

2 Likes

How should I start it?
So, first my MOBA was Dota. And I played enough to got what to do in such games. Next one was Dota 2. I was invited there by my best friend (what is not for now), when he played it enough before my appearing. Of course on 2014 year I played it MORE then he even when he started earlier that me, and he was impressed.
And one time he Rename himself Dr. Black. Other friends, including me, did that too. I decided to use Logan, because I like this name, because characters with this name are always cool (Logan from Dead Island or Wolverine from X-Men). And anyway I like name :heart_eyes:
So, time went, and my friends Rename their names on others, but not me. Time goes, and from 2014 I still use this nickname. I loved it, love, and will love.
“OK, you use “Logan” and we got why, but why do you use “Dr”?”
Because I have family members, what are doctors, and I learn medicine too.

Such storie. I hope you enjoyed.

1 Like

HElSENBERG

20 things la la la

1 Like

You’re God damn right.

6 Likes

inb4 this gets deleted because it shows “private info”.

This happened before with an Age thread. (On the old forums) :frowning_face:

3 Likes

#Feelsbadman
I will give you a hug :hugs:

1 Like

I am me lol
Also i found it funny when i when to game tournaments and they announced the player match up and the announcer was pissed because he had to say it wasnt him lol … Then one day i faced “Me”

3 Likes

Coughs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

Amei was born before mandatory bnet app and battle tag, and she is a draenei restoration shaman. When I created her I was sitting before the screen being totally clueless and worried. I had to make this super important decision: how to name her? I thought she is going to be the healer that keeps you alive. In my native language “a healer amely életben tart titeket”. Amely is phonetically the same as Amei. Amei, amely életben tart titieket. Amei, who keeps you alive.