What's the thing you hate the most about HotS? Would you remove it?

warning: your finger may get severed

The lack of a dark nexus brightwing skin :dragon:

5 Likes

Hate: the in game report system

Would I remove it: YES

If I were the ceo, how would I improve it?:
just remove it, the effort to rework it would be to much, but if anything put a band aid on it and make reports decay over games played instead of time, less punishing for people who play everyday

yes :dragon: :fairy:

2 Likes

But we already have one, can’t you see it?

Reduce team size. Increase lethality.

MVP screen must burn in nuclear fire.

2 Likes

What i hate the most is when they rework perfectly fine heroes…

4 Likes

Abuse of system report. Also need change this :
" Players will be prevented from queuing up in Storm League as a party together if their rank difference is more than 2 leagues apart." to 2 Ranks instead of League. Because 2 league it is too huge difference.

hey,you ask what hate in game,but when i did try out to suggest better ideas,you “think” its bad.Problem is we are humans and this strong negative energy effect of our way of thinking or decideds.

I dislike this MMR system or this approximately 50 % win rate.
I had solutions for that.And when reply in my topic …

In my ideas i did suggest better QM mode,and different process MM.
And because you “think” is not good,you did reply to me and told me “What about no”.
Problem is in you dude,and huge problem is you “think” with right way,but you are blind and not think with right way.
Problem is i cant change your mind and point of view .
But i guarantee you to everyone ,this my game version is the best for this game.

I hate people, what don’t let you to play heroes what you like no matter, how they can be bad.

What i hate:
The way mounts work. They are one of the core features of the game and yet I have a hard time figuring out their actual overall interest. Wy not just make everyone go faster if they haven’t taken or dealt damage for X seconds? Mounts are a clunky mechanic that looks like it was added just to sell skins. In general, mounts in PvP games are what we add when we don’t have any other idea… I don’t like how they feel.

Would i remove it?
No. HotS is a fast-paced game that needs this kind of tools. I would rather change them into something more interesting to use than “press Z whenever you want to get from point A to point B”.

If you were the CEO, how would you improve it instead?
Change the way they work and are used. Perhaps make them have a charge system so using a mount actually feels like a commitment to travel a long way. Or remove the ability to summon mounts entirely, but we get mounted everytime we back or respawn to get back in the game faster. That would keep mounts interesting, mount skins worth buying, and would reward map awareness (longer time to get from point A to point B means more anticipation needed).

I hate healing well healing over time mechanic, which can be abused with (nearly) full, high hp heroes.

Did I win unpopular opinion award?

Here are the things I’d like to see changed or improved:

• Matchmaking: The Ability to toggle on or off to waiting longer for a more fair match. I’ll wait longer. This morning has been teams rolling us every game. Takes any fun out of the game. (Unranked)

• The ability to toggle on or off Adult language mode: People get silenced for saying “gg” before the game is over, that’s silly. That sensitive reporting has made good players leave the game. Reports should only be fore intentional feeding and non-participation/harassment of teammates (Stitches hook on a teammate who’s trying to play the game, for example).

MMR averaging. Would remove it in a heartbeat. When I que with 2-3 other GM and master players for quick(read 10+ minute long que) QM or UD I would much rather just get adept AI than the player game looks for us from the bottom of the barrel 95% of the games. Those games literally feel 4 vs 6 with us having saboteur on our team that feeds, bodyblocks allies and does absolutely nothing for the team.
At least give option for alternative algorithm that would try to make as high quality game as possible. For example if we are top 3 players looking for game then give enemy next 5 best players out there looking for game and then us the 9th and 10th best ones. Or for example with solo players 1,4,5,8,9 vs 2,3, 6,7,10(number indicates players skill) so essentially school yard pick.
Current system is more along the lines of hey there is diamond game, let’s throw few masters and GMs there and balanced them with few silvers and bronzies because that will totally make fun games! At the very least put limit to how wide the MMR difference can be within a game… :weary:

1 Like

I’m Diamond rank in UD. I got thrown on a team with a 579 MMR (no joke, 579) against players all 2000+ (MMR).

It wasn’t even worth playing. Half my team just sat in base after the first 3 minutes…when the game isn’t even worth playing…it’s time to fix matchmaking.

I would remove Quickmatch. The game would be in a much healthier position if it had been taken out way back after draft was added.

2 Likes

Copy&Paste from General Guide without understanding. (I feel more than 50% all they do)

If you pick other talents based on situation, you will be blamed for wrong build.

hey read my suggestions…and about Unranked also…

remove QM,come oon,can be different new mode,search my reply ( here in this topic) and read it,and then re think is it be removed or not.

-I hate Murky and Abathur. I appreciate them being different than ordinary heroes, but they are way too hard to deal with and most importantly they are very frustrating to play against. Both sides should have fun,and these two are killing it for everyone but themselves. I would either remove them or make some serious redesign.
-I hate how mana has absolutely no meaning except a few heroes. It is a resource and it should run out sometime. Regen globes are making mana obsolete for most heroes. I would either remove mana completely from heroes that never run out,or reduce mana from regen globes.
-I hate how balance team only change stuff according to winrates and top tier plays. Now that they removed pro scene completely,they should focus more on casual player’s feelings instead of winrates which mean nothing for most people.
-I hate Genji.