What's the direction with Whitemane?

I recently played a few games with her and I’m confused about her design. For starters, almost all of her healing output needs to happen against enemy heroes. This limits her a lot but she also has very low health and a self root. She feels very vulnerable during any team fighting as a result. Add to the fact she needs to be fairly close range to land abilities to heal.

She brings no macro tools for wave or camp clear either. I guess I’m just confused what her design is supposed to be. Her healing can be great (during team fights) so long as the enemy can’t get to her easily. Is that it though? Other healers can do more while being safer to boot.

Am I wrong about Whitemane? Is she better than I think or does she need more balance work?

1 Like

Current Whitemane is a dissaster in tems of design and she needs a re-re-rework or return to the original.

12 Likes

Eeeeeeh, she probably could a light rework to make her more playable for the masses but i wouldnt say shes bad. Shes kinda like probius where a majority of people just dont understand what to do with her but the 5 people who play her alot basically break the game with her.

It can be fairly boring to play her when outside of fights your basically just a team of 4 but in fights she does some really stupid things like this:

Yeah i die in that last clip but you get my point xp

7 Likes

The rework turned her into a mess.

Before she had a rather clear-cut design that only needed some few adaptions to make High inquisitor less cheesy and a few other small changes.

Then they cut down on her core mechanic, added nonsensical additional mechanics, turned her aggressive E-build into utility and gave what is essentially a mage an AA-build …

They need to do a full revert and start from scratch.

7 Likes

I really loved your clips.

1 Like

lol thanks. I like to think that I’m one of those 5 people also thanks enemy lucio for boopong me out of that first KTZ combo :stuck_out_tongue:

As much as I’d like that, I can see why they took away her infinite mana. She did alot more damage back then to.

Edit: also the AA build is lame. Greatstaff is the only talent in that build i like (no im not kidding lol)

1 Like

Feels to me like they tried to make her into a ‘risk and reward’ type of hero, but ended up going too far and reached the ‘feast or famine’ territory.

She had a better design before the rework (for starters, more people could actually play her).
Hope they give her another rework that will return her to what she used to be.

3 Likes

In terms of usefulness shes fine as is. She could use a rework due to design issues and a bad talent tree, but she brings alot of damage and healing into fights.

Is it that bad though? I feel like it’s a perception thing. Inquisition build is overwhelmingly the most popular…but it’s not even the best performing.

Exclusivity can be a fun thing. It like her for this reason:

2 Likes

It is a pointless elitist thing.
And ‘5 people breaking the game with her’ is just further evidence of what I said (which is a bad design).

Shes more popular than kharazim and alex, master diamond last few patches. Shes only bad in lower ranks because of team issues less so because of her skill floor. I dont think her popularity is absurdly low.

Also her talent tree winrates arent a problem. Some talents have a stupid high popularity which isn’t healthy. Also some whitemane players are good enough with her to play off meta builds for fun, doesn’t make them good

1 Like

5 was a bit of an exaggeration shes not that unpopular : p

Its not as bad as people make it out to be. I think most people take W build because its the easiest build on one of the hardest heros. The only talents I think are really awful are Intercession, Guiding Light, and Scarlet Wrath which might be one of the lamest talents in the game.

out of combat healing isn’t good but she’s really good for emergency healing, because she can spam her q over and over again unlike other heroes (although she’ll run out of mana) or dish out a good burst of healing (although she’ll need enemy heroes to do it) in addition to being able to toss out damage simultaneously in the process, i found her to be useful but she’s mainly a teamfight oriented hero

1 Like

I think she’s fun to play because of the huge combo. It’s like a lot of buttons to press in a short time, in the right order and you also need to aim…
When you know you are about to do the combo, you need to apply the Q first on every ally that should get heals (i take the level 7 talent that puts the Q on myself automatically). Then you drop the aoe-dmg heroic consecration on the enemy team, activate D for more dmg and then go for the E W root combo so that you root the enemy inside the consecration.
Big healing and okay dmg :smiley:

1 Like

Indulgence was never an issue. Until they bring back her core-mechanics (mana-management and Desparation) and ditch the pointless stuff they added, she will always just be Trashmane.

1 Like

She currently has mana management and desperation in spades

Her design thrives when team fighting happens a LOT, particularly in ARAM’s. Her damage ult is the way to go, as it also heals, and for an amount almost unmatched, but over a short period.
If you do the level 1 quest talent instead of the standard meta in aram’s, by level 14 or so, you should be able to build up enough mana that you basically can’t OOM, which changes her dynamic entirely, but it doesn’t add up the same in anything outside of ARAM. She’s super powerful in ARAM.

Aram is more streamlined for her current gameplay. The problem I find is that she doesn’t really offer more (consistently) than other healers. Other options can bring CC or macro that Whitemane just doesn’t have. I agree that Whitemane can dish out insane healing during team fights but I’m not sure that’s a good enough reason to pick her over others.

She has neither.

The jumpy mana bar needs to come back and all “number of Zeals” be re-adjusted to number of stacks.

I agree that her crappy design causes despair a lot though.

She was awesome in ARAM before the rework, no longer though.

Within the abhorretnly done, completely backwards implementation of a decent idea this one still manages to be the worst offender.

1 Like

Yeah her mana issues can be an issues in ARAM. You need to take the stacking quest to really thrive and even then if they have a poke team WM is pretty useless.