What was Zeratul's old ult?

I can’t remember the name or what it did.

So i just wanted to see if anyone remembered.

All i can say is that it was really bad.

4 Likes

You increase your attack speed for some seconds.

4 Likes

AND teleport to the target every strike . which i kinda liked lol but the new one is much better i admit.

10 Likes

i’d totally forgotten about this too XD
i still preferred it to void prison
(not that VP isn’t super strong in the right scenarios!)

Shadow Assault [Heroic Ability]
Tier 4 (Hero Level 10)
Mana: 50
Cooldown: 45 seconds

Your Basic Attacks cause you to charge at enemies and have 20% increased Attack Speed. Lasts for 4 seconds.

6 Likes

Gain extra stickyness

1 Like

There used to be a really stupid build that made that one work. Back when he had a bunch of generic talents Berserk was an activateable that would increase his attack speed, searing attacks (i think thats what it was) was another activateable that made each attack cost mana but increased damage, Vampiric assault to heal off each AA, and Shadow Assault (the heroic) for more AA speed and the ability to stick to targets. You wipe out an entire back line in 4 seconds and blink out before the tank could react. There was also way less CC in the game at that time so AA zera was actually a viable thing.

1 Like

Nobody has mentioned this yet, the heroic isn’t dead.

It’s now just a watered down level 4 talent.

What are you talking about? Zeratul only ever had one ult until his rework.

1 Like

Shadow Assault.

It was a talent box next to Void Prison and if you clicked it you didn’t get an ult.

JK, it just gave a pretty weak version of Artanis’ charge to your AA’s and increased the speed. On a cooldown equal to VP, which regularly wiped full teams. (later lowered to 40 sec, but it was still terribad.)

1 Like

Shadow assault wasn’t that bad but since zeratul had 0 defensives he would get vaporized when using it outside of stomping dominated teams.
If he had say something like deflect people would hate it as much as dragon blade.

1 Like

The one where you laughed cuz it looked so weird.

They turned it into a level 4 or 7 talent that still no one takes