What is RISK team? Patch Notes - October 7, 2020

Both The Lost Vikings and Leoric are flooding our RISK team with intentional feeding false positives

hard to find “RISK” acronym in a search engine as it is indeed an English word. Thanks.

I was also wondering that for a while, since it’s in all caps so it’s an acronym. But since there is no official info I just tried to deduct the name, to no success.

Report investigation, search, something? Kill?

Google says “Realistic Integrated Systematic Know-how” but that sounds very jargony.

I guess only staff knows.
It’s interesting to know they have full time staff dedicated for sifting through those reports though.

2 Likes

Do you perhaps know what they meant with , why Vikings and Leoric were causing this flood? All this was really weird to read to me (casual).
Thank you.

Vikings are considered a troll pick and Leoric players in ARAM have the tendency to be plain suicidal.

It´s apparently the people employed by Blizz to check on reports. I think it is more important to know they exist than what the acronym exactly means.

Hmm I don’t get it.

Vikings:
Can not anyone play what he wants, why people say Troll just to smack someone… it’s abuse of the term, and companies actually believe in this troll-trolling (Troll says: “the other is a Troll”) sounding as they were serious (and the people actually try pretty hard to sound serious…), I read this pretty frequently in any game, how people call out Trolls to normal players or constructive forumers, just because they disagree. It makes the term weak to me.

So apparently that’s the case either here, they disagree with these picks and then report the player - same dog-poop in DotA. And because some people (picking these heroes) don’t know what “many” people do bad in other games they don’t play in: say someone actually trolling with a hero, doesn’t make that some people a Troll if that makes sense to you >.<"

Leoric:
Aren’t all tanks kind of suicidal, expecting their team to support them? I can see it looks that way if anyone turns away when they initiate (especially if it’s unusually many enemies compared to a “normal” map). The tank has the task to initiate at some point, of course not everyone is judging the game as good as as QuackNiix… Since Leorics can still act after dying they are more worth it to initiate more riskily, from my understanding.

Anyways that’s just my understanding. I don’t player either of the heroes usually. (But If I did without knowing the scene I wouldn’t want to be reported as anything just because I pick it…) Trolling is usually not in my vocabulary, I play the game like any game trying to win or achieve the given goals and of course try new stuff because it’s a game, so without treating it as a job, but as a game that I casually play like table tennis basket ball or monopoly with friends. (you try to win there, but for fun.)

So, Thanks for the clarification, the topic is resolved for me. At least I learned something again about companies and communities… Have fun in HotS and good day.

Leorics trait litterly screams feeding in terms of gameplay since he can move as a ghost to anywere on the map and try and take down forts on his own. There are even old Hots games recorded on Youtube were you see him feed to forts and keeps and give enemy a 6 lvl lead because of him leaving his team to die 20 times to a fort.

Then people can say its a valid tactic to win since all tactics are valid as long you destroy enemy core. But people forget you ruin the game for people who wants a serious match and not some troll that sits on enemy core whole game and gives enemy tons of exp.

1 Like

This. Despite high death rates us suicide prone Leroics get the jobs done, and win teh games (in my QM experience, haven’t played much brawl since they changed the name and removed the free chest, I miss the fun summer brawls) I think its like a false-negative kinda deal?

yep this,
i only saw two leos do this, once on my team, once on enemy team.
naturally we all reported them for intentionally dying, but it did end up winning the game both times, though both were hollow wins and felt like wasted time.

its a shame that those idiots ruined leo for everyone, i used to love playing leo.
without a simple fix for their cheese tactic the only thing left is to remove leo :frowning:

vikings though? good riddance, only ever picked by trolls, and then they were always useless.
the only people happy to see vikings were the enemies. (especially those with stack quests or on-kill effects.)