What changes would you like to see in Probius, so you'd play it?

She has good target poke/burst damage. But she really needs better waveclear/move PvE early levels.

Probius is not a pretty girl. People will always pick the pretty one instead of the tin can even if the robot is OP and the Barbie girl trash.

2 Likes

I am playing Nova because she has sniper rifle tbh. I love rifles overall.

The second reason is her :peach:

1 Like

Yeah, sure, they might be buffs. But they are the type of buffs that will affect lower skill players a lot more than they will high skill players.
But even if they do make its with rate skyrocket, other things can just be nerfed until the hero is balanced, AND fun to play.
Currently it may be “OP” as some people claim, but it sure isn’t “fun to play”, which is the main reason for its low popularity.

A while ago I did this rework concept for Nova: Nova [small] rework concept

I play Nova, cuz she can actually be pretty strong, albeit niche. And her kit is MUCH MORE RESPONSIVE than that of Probius. Your abilities don’t have awkward delays…

Well is obvious you don’t like or understand the probe so is kinda strange why you made this thread.

1 Like

I made it, cuz it’s the least popular hero. It’s been this way for a long time, and the devs don’t do anything about it.

Having a hero, that’s played in just 0,5% of the games is such a waste… almost as if the hero doesn’t exist.

I don’t think so.

MrX, Iksir and Glogan don’t play them as much as before since they’re so many better picks now.

Only Praey remains and he’s still at low master.

Other than that, you take out the lvl 100+ in Dia+ and you notice that his WR falls apart by 4.32% and his popularity by 53%. That’s not a good design. It’s way worse than the old D.Va, which was 2.75% and 36% respectively.

2 Likes

Does it mean you would like that Probius would get a buff?

I recomend to talk about what you know instead of speak for others. Try to speak for a minority you are not part is not the best idea.

What kind of minority is 99,5% of the player pool, that wouldn’t touch the hero?

I wouldn’t call wanting a rework as buffs per se, but yes it would include buffs by lowering the skill floor and having better survivability tools.

Well this seems pointless. This hapens when someone talks for others about something he doesn’t understand and wants to be excluded from the result.

There’s nothing wrong with having less popular heroes. There’s a fallacy that every hero needs to be played a lot, and in a diverse hero brawler, that only appeals to the least common denominator. I do often find Probius threads nauseating because they often come from people who don’t understand him and wanting “QOL” changes that are just straight up buffs that would make him OP.

That being said, I’ve always wanted a rework simply because I think his talents are kind of lame on some tiers and don’t really open up to the types of flexibility of what his role can shift into on a team. That and making him a tiny bit more accessible to lower his skill floor wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. I’d just hate to see that happen at the cost of what makes him unique, which I’ve seen Blizzard screw up with too many of my beloved heroes.

2 Likes

That’s why I made this topic. What would people want to see change in Probius, so they’d start playing it? I just posted what would make me consider it as a viable pick.

1 Like

What I would like to see on him:

Shield Capacitor and Shield Battery merged to something close to what Shield Battery in SC2 gives, an instant burst shield.

Worker Rush movement speed bonus decays, but it’s no longer interruptible by damage.

Overhaul his lvl 7 for better damage consistency and his lvl 13 for talents that affect only him. This would improve his carry potential by the cost of utility, which he already has elsewhere.

3 Likes

I mean they didn’t really refuse to touch him. They actually buffed him in Tracer and Cassia rework patch. But I do agree that he needs more buffs.

The main issue with Probius is Worker Rush getting interrupted by taking damage.

Precisely this. Even the best players suffer too much uncertainty. I wouldnt mind a rework but buffing some areas of the current playstyle is also not as bad of an approach as some people see it here.

1 Like

This is because Probius is actually very well balanced. At GM, he is one of the best characters in the game actually, and has a steep learning curve, without being too rage-inducing.

So people aren’t playing it, because it’s one of the best characters in the game? :thinking:

Because he has a really high skill floor, yes

2 Likes