What can I do to get TL3?

32k post read. Ive been silenced twice. Once because of a discussion with a troll where he deleted his comments. The other time because of this thread below??
Am I on a blacklist or something? Do you want me to smurf in order to get it?

Yes I know sometimes im in spicy discussions but I stay polite and a lot of my posts are encouraging even if I dont agree

Also if someone has lost his tl3 like drlogan is there any change in the comming months to regain it?

^thread that have gotten me silenced

4 Likes

TL3 is re-attainable even if you lose it.

I just attained it recently after not having it because for a few months i barely posted/read. I think the biggest thing was getting 50 of the last 100 days visited.

regarding silences and such… i think the amount that you need can be changed by whomever is running the forum, but i would assume it is running baseline TL3 requirements as noted here: (so no tolerance for silence/ban)

if you were indeed unbanned early in that topic, that ban/silence/etc is likely not counted.

2 Likes

Here is what I have heard about TL3:

It is those bottom 2 that are the sticking points, because as far as I know, as soon as you get either one of those “conditions”, they never go away.

So I guess the question is: Did you get silenced? Or did you get suspended? And have you ever had posts deleted as spam/offensive?

1 Like

I lost and gained it many times, I think the key is reading topics, not necessarily posts.

You have to read even those troll or spam topics that get posted. I believe the requirement was 50% of topics in the last three months, you must have opened.

How do you tell the difference between a silence and a suspension?

Silenced people can still play QM and Brawl (and Unranked I think) but suspended people can’t log in at all. Suspension is a very severe penalty.

2 Likes

Oh, he meant in game. I was thinking there was a difference on the forums lol.

You can get silenced on the forums and still get it. Trust me, I’ve been there lol.

2 Likes

I’ve been silenced 3 times here, and still got it back so that syntax thread as it was from day one, outdated.

Forum silence => Mute user, cannot post, can still like, can change profile picture, can still use all forum features, can’t post.
Forum suspension => Logs out the user from the forums, mods (can likely to) lock your account from obtaining TL3 ever again if you done something really messed up.
In Game Silence/Suspension => Forum Silence.

2 Likes

I got suspended on the forums for saying that Orphea only appealed to a certain type of person, and so was permanently locked out of TL3.

Thats a really big oof.

1 Like

I am not really sure, but maybe give support a chance? I know its a been a very long time when that happened, like seriously 2 years ago? I recall the comments on that topic.

Maybe they can uplift it due good behavior who knows.

It worked for me on some certain steam forums that I was permanently banned from, I won’t go into details (lets just say those were 5 years ago, thats all) but the mods were kind enough to uplift a perma ban, I think it might be possible to uplift the TL lock from you.

No promises.

So did I mess up or what do I need to do. Litterly ask for likes? We dont have that much forum members to get 20 likes a day.

It isn’t 20 likes a day… It is 20 likes ever.

1 Like

Likes, that’s what I’M here for! Giving likes that is, I think I give you an average of 5 likes a day Ana. :heart:

3 Likes

I got my TL3 back on the OW forums after 3000 posts. They might have increased the limit.

There’s no way it’s that many posts on this forum. Someone said earlier it scales based on how many people post on that forum, by the Discourse software.

Also if you must read 25% of posts in the last 100 days, that could be very few posts on an inactive forum.

But it could be a more transparent system.

1 Like

Could be, however I received my TL3 once I hit the 3000 posts milestone.

Though I am not really sure how the system works.

I haven’t even hit the 3k post milestone so I doubt it matters. I think you just have to clear the ‘blue dots’, give likes, and get likes.

2 Likes

I see, I do tend to get a lot of likes and I had TL3 before. Though I lost it once the new forums hit.

The old forums didn’t have trust levels.

1 Like