What are your Trust Levels?

What sort of features can your teammate gain or lose from you based off their plays or actions?

Lt. Morales

level 0: I will go with a safe build and maintain a safe distance.
level 1: I will use grenades to make aggressive plays, I know they won’t mess you up and you won’t mess me up.
level 2: there will be a medevac waiting to take you everywhere you want to go. I know you know how to use it.
level 3: Medevac will be waiting for you at spawn everytime you die. I know you know it will be there.
level 4: I will make aggressive medevac plays because I know you won’t hesitate to jump in with me.
level 5: backdooring, because I know you won’t flame me if it goes badly.
level 6: “Hey, Leoric, are you going for an autoattack build by any chance?..”

-1. I will wait for you to use your skillshots before I grenade.
-2. I will only grenade in self defense.
-3. I will stay as far from the fight as possible.

Have fun with it! Answers don’t have to be 100% true.

4 Likes

Whitemane

level 0: gg unless you have a brain
level 1: at least you know that my healing don’t work like that
level 2: alright you’re getting there but much to be desired
level 3: do as I say and life will be swell
level 4: you’ll walk out of there relatively unharmed
level 5: purge the heritics I gotchu back
level 6: GET OUT OF MY WAY I DESIRE BLOODSHED

-1: an inferior human
-2: a waste of space
-3: ew

3 Likes

LoL, I guess the closest I am is level 1. I don’t trust a lot of people. Incidentally, that’s why I pick Medivac, because I know I can always get value out of using it correctly or as a shield/escape so I don’t have to rely so heavily on my teem peeling for me, so I can do a better job supporting by being aggressive and not being so afraid I’m going to die. Your healing and grenades become so much more effective when you’re not always in the back.

But with the caveat that I know I will mess you up at times, but I don’t care because withholding grenades and underutilizing them actually hurts the team more.

At this point playing so much Morales, I know there is very little reason to trust people on this. But I still leave the Medivac for them. The ones who actually take it are usually so appreciative makes it worth it, and Medivac CD is usually low enough that it usually doesn’t matter. And if they don’t, I grumble that they’re idiots.

1 Like

Sylvanas:

trust level 0: I am on auto pilot. Your existence is inconsequential.
trust level 1: So you know that because skills have cooldown does not mean they need to spammed. Cool, I can work with that.
trust level 2: Not bad, but not good either, but not bad.
trust level 3: Thinking of synergizing my talents with you.
trust level 4: You officially have me as a sidekick.
trust level 5: Let’s just burn it all down to the ground.
trust level 6: Hope to see you in the nexus, or we can just party up!

-1: It’s okay, 4 on 5 is doable.
-2: …why did you pick veteran/elite when you suck against them?
-3: Just go AFK already. The bot will do better than you ever could.

1 Like

The Lost Vikings

Level 0: I will only lane until someone complains about that in which case I will only teamfight
Level 1: I will do a bit of both and just kinda judge it based on when people are going and send olaf or something
Level 2: I might consider going boat
Level 3: I’ll probably get a bit too into teamfighting and initiate a fight from another angle by olaf charging their ming or something
Level 4: I’ll step it up again and initiate the fight from 2 or more angles probably losing vikings but feeling really cool about it
Level 5: I’ll overmicro and probably lose damage because I want to bodyblock their tank for an unreasonable amount of time
Level 6: I will go boat.

-1 I won’t bother trying to do the optimal play and will probably just do what the team wants no questions asked
-2 The level before except I will probably not have faith enough in fights and will go in for 2 seconds and then run out
-3 I w i l l g o b o a t .

1 Like

There are 6 trust levels? I thought there was only 3 ? As far as the forums go. I think I’m learning something new if there are 6.

1 Like

I don’t trust anyone. Everyone is a 0.

3 Likes

Thankfully, this wasn’t a post about forum trust levels, it’s about how much you trust your medic and her spaceship.

I’m sending Abathur your way to give you a big hug. I know his arms are all spindly, but he makes up for that by having a big warm heart, err, I think.

2 Likes

FAQ’s will say there are 5, but I’d argue there are 6.

Forum regulars usually encounter trust levels 1, 2, and 3. The system actually starts at Trust 0 (no trust built) and goes as high as 4, 4 being what forum moderators use. However, if someone gets banned, then I’d say that’s like -1 Trust in that they can’t be trusted.

Garrosh:
Trust -1: deliberate griefer, throws allies to get them killed.
Trust 0: bad/inexperienced Garrosh, you can’t trust to be near him as he’ll just throw anything, and often not in the right way.
Trust 1: “Into the Fray” was taken off their toolbar. They’re not throwing you in, but… they don’t have to save you. Thanks Batman.
Trust 2: They ask at draft if someone wants a “Fray combo” for tossing in D.VA detonation, or Butcher, or whatever
Trust 3: They pulled off a Titanic Might + Mortal Combo cdr wombo. They know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

Level 0: FRESH VEGETABLES
Level 1: teammates obviously cannot follow up on a good lamb to the slaughter, so I have to pick furnace blast to do the follow up damage myself.
Level 2: I pick the best ultimate depending on the situation: lamb to the slaughter of we need more lockdown/initiation, or furnace blast if the team already has plenty of cc and needs extra damage.
Level 3: I am confident enough to engage right alongside my tank, or in certain situations even before the tank
Level 4: FRESH MUTTON x5
Level 5: I will contact my teammates afterwards to discuss a proposal to open a business with any interested parties. The sole purpose of this business is to export the FRESH MEAT that we collected during this game around the world. Anyone who participates in this meat export business will never have to work another day for the rest of their lives.

3 Likes

You saved the best line for the very last, I’ll admit to laughing out loud at that one.

1 Like

I have another for anu’barak

lv0: Locusts and beetles I require self sustain if I am to take right now
lv1: I cocoon now but beetles are still required
lv3: #standard build incoming
lv4: kill the non believers- I mean Auto attackers
lv5: nice legs
lv6: if they can feel the ground trembling, it’s already too late

lv-1: will follow up me stuns but other than that you don’t know me
lv-2: I no longer wish to tank
lv-3: don’t be a noob, only I’m allowed to do that

2 Likes