What are the penalties when you leave qm?

I don’t play qm that often but I often see a guy who just leave the game after saying gg. What are the penalties for that? Should be blocked for playing the game for a few days imo.

Leaver queue the moment they leave.

Leaver queue. And possibly non participation temporary bans if they do it frequently enough.

Your “penalty” for leaving QM is… having to play more QM. So if you intended to play it in the first place, there is literally no penalty. Get used to seeing leavers on a daily basis if you decide venture into sh!tfest that is QM because there is no consequence to their actions.

3 Likes

Do leave queue guys are queued with standard qm guys though? I had some leave queue because of disconnect and some players were really super try hard so I was wondering

No. You’re only matched with other leavers.

Most leaver queue games are either really close or end up with at least one person leaving in my experience.

One can burn down leaver queue stacks in Brawls as well as QM.

except being matched with other leavers…

2 Likes

A bit more time to take a piss or even number 2, before playing QM once again.

indeed i agree on that part they should be punished for leaving the match just because they gave up on trying. it shouldn’t just be a “leaver status” it should be a ban for at least 1 day warning to stop leaving games.

and if they continue leaving the ban increases but would that ever happen? only Murky knows but no one speaks his language so we’ll never know…

1 Like

As a QM only player and having to report a leaver about every other game I have to say there is no penalty. Or leaver queue is larger than the non queue at this point. Maybe that’s why matches have been so bad recently. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So what if there is no leaver players to pair with you then?

No QM game for all eternity?

Basically nothing . . . you have to play a few games in . . QM

I don’t think they even do bans anymore for AFK. They used to pick like 20 worst offenders(most voted for AFK) for ban waves every 2-4 months but I haven’t seen them announce ban wave for at least a year by now. If they almost never quit or dodge they might not get any punishment, not even leaver que. The more often they leave the harder the punishment going from 0 up to maximum of 4 leaver que games.

No, after a while they just get put into games with regular people if match isn’t found otherwise. Often times even in leaver games there are few people who are not in actual leaver que to help make the match. They can also play in brawls which have no separate leaver games. I used to dodge lousy games in HL when there was the fast arena brawl that you could complete in like 2 minutes by just attack moving to middle as each player had one life. I noticed quite a few people do that on those weeks. Pull and dodge parties were pretty fast for skipping leaver que also.

Basically, you can leave and troll and ruin games all you want . . .

But if you tell someone to stop sucking and do the obj, you account will eventually be permanently banned.

Welcome to HoTs.

3 Likes

yeah i know that i already was banned before for that exact thing telling my teammates to stop feeding and stop raging in chat and focus on the game “we had a big chance to win” but instead they kept raging and also reported me for “being toxic” for simply telling them to stop raging and i got banned

because this system is great. oh sh1t i said something about the system now a GM gonna lock the post like he did in other thread i said something about system being crap and they locked it lmao

Yep, say anything and you’ll get a huge defensive lash back.

Your post will probably stay up, but soon the fanboy crowd will tell you the system is fine, and you deserved it, and it’s impossible that the reporting and penatly system is broken, it’s working great.

I really like HoTs and think it could be one of the most popular games available, but . . . to do that, Blizzard has to start focusing the game toward competition, and making the best players stand out. I don’t think they know how to do that, unfortunately.

1 Like

they don’t care about hots anymore it’s clear that they don’t care about it. they don’t care about our opinions they don’t care about our ideas they don’t care about anything. they just do what they think is right which always turns out to be so wrong. and we struggle for their own horrible decisions.

and if we talk about it? they just shut us down cause we’re not allowed to say anything right about them being completely wrong about what they’re doing that’s an insult to them even while they KNOW we’re right

They get longer queues and have to play with other DCers. Leaver’s queue isn’t particularly awful, but it is definitely a step down from normal queue.

1 Like

I don’t meet actual trolls in Leaver queue (I frequently help friends clear them) but almost every single time there are multiple people who connect and disconnect every 20 seconds for the duration of the match.

These people’s computers or internet connections aren’t suitable for gaming which is likely why they got leaver penalties in the first place. They aren’t doing it on purpose or griefing.