What are the penalties for queue dodging?

My client crashed and I queue dodged. Seems the only penalty I got was loss of ranked points, but it actually improved my mmr, so I thought it would be a good idea to do it on purpose from time to time. Are there any penalties for queue dodging?

You lose 500 points which can be regained 50 points at a time for your next 10 games. It’s known as “penalty redemption”.

Additionally, if you dodge more than once in a short period of time, you have to play a leaver match. If you dodge again, you have to play 2. It increases all the way up to 4. You get to leave once for free (0 leaver matches).

Seems the only penalty I got was loss of ranked points, but it actually improved my mmr

I have no idea what you mean by this, there is no more separate MMR and rank points since 2019. They are one and the same now, there is no more invisible MMR that is different from your rank points. Your points are your MMR now.
If you lose rank points in SL, you also drop in MMR.

2 Likes

Thanks for useful information!

I have really bad quality games in ranked, but after I got demoted I had few games in a row where both my team and enemy team were playing really great game, the matches were even. Then I get back to the point of one side steamrolling. Thought it might be related somehow, but from what you pasted seems it was really just a dose of luck.

2-3 games are hardly statistically significant, people have random win/loss streaks lasting as many as 10 games
(AZJackson, a senior developer of HotS, even had a 16 game loss streak in ranked play, and he is a Grand Master).

2 Likes

I am not talking loos/win streak. I am talking games that you can actually call games. Games that are even. Not that usual disaster you get in ranked.