Visit old reworked versions of heroes?

Any chance we can activate older pre-reworks of heroes as a second option for the hero? I’d love to see old Tassadar back in action. He was the most fun hero in the game.

5 Likes

I would like too. That would be epic to be able to play some kind of custom maps (in lobbies) with old versions of heroes (or old patches).

5 Likes

I wonder how Heroes of the Storm Classic version would look like. In first version (or alpha/beta?) you had to play with hero to unlock second ultimate and additional talents. And there was ammunition and third cannon behind the gate.

I think it would be a great thing if they added something like Arcade mode from SC2 where you can access custom maps and get old talents and hero versions that were removed. Also something like an editor that let’s you customize the numbers and effects etc. But I think that’s too unrealistic and I fear that’d make queue times for normal games even longer since everyone might start playing customs instead

6 Likes

This is actually a neat idea. The devs should gives us way more tools for the custom/try mode. I am still puzzled why Hots is basically their only strategy/pvp game without a feature like that. Even Overwatch has a workshop…

Like 0.000001%, so pretty low, kinda non-existent.

So many interations of Heroes are gone. I got it that Tass is the most wilder change, but this is part of the genre. No turning back.
But I’d like to see a Hero who can kinda fill the gap for the lovers of Support Tassadar.

7 Likes

We dont even know if they will make another sup hero. There are so few of them already and now one of them got moved to a new role as range dmg.

2 Likes

Yeah, probably like that

Medivh = ranged assassine
Zarya = bruiser
TLV = bruiser or melee assassine. Probably bruiser, because Olaf is already like Misha.
Aba = “Healer”

The only true support of this 4 is Abathur, who can’t fit any of the other roles.

I wonder, if you are actually plays Zarya now without Tass? I mean with her shield-mechanic she is the more or less the hero that comes close to Tass with supporting them with shield.

Fixed for you

Yesh I’d like Li Ming on release version ty

I would love for you to be able to try full healer Tassadar. You only had a chance to try his support rework, I would love to see your reaction to playing OG Tass.

1 Like

Do I really need to post my Zarya-Tass copy pasta again to explain why she can’t replace old Tass for me?

2 Likes

NO. Enabling the ability to play as past versions of a character, in the current build, would defeat the purpose of all the patches/updates we have and just throw things down the drain.

Plus if i gets taken away again, you’d have tons of butthurt players who’ve invested a lot of time into getting good with the OLD versions. Best to just stay the course.

Probably not. There are definitely problems which arise from such an idea. Like recognisability, deciding which version to include (some heroes have had many reworks) and of course, balance.

yups i want my slimes for stitches, my zerglings for kerrigan and owl sniper tyrande!

I’d love to see original Kealthas that infinte spreading fire baseline instead of as a level 20.

I’d like to see Li-Ming with ess of Johan.

actually no I wouldn’t these were both crazy OP.

2 Likes

I loved the old Leoric so much more than his current form. He went from my most played hero to basically non-existant. Same thing for my girl Zagara, I loved the old creep choices. Felt like they ruined her as well.

Ok guys, let’s be real here. Does it REALLY matter which build of a character you’re playing?

At the end of the day, that character is just going to get blown up by Azmodan anyway.

4 Likes

They could bring the original play style back on a different hero like Rohana. But I don’t think the dev team have the resources to make new heroes these days.

1 Like

For me, it’s the change on force wall, and how feedback works now compared to how it worked back then. My tass was level 100 PRE rework, and still maintained a good WR%, because i was one of few who figured out how to STOP using him as strictly support. I constantly did 6 figures hero damage with him.