Videogamedunkey Heroes of the storm

10 Likes

with timestamp to where HotS’s place on the list is:

(technically mine does have a timestamp, but so does OPs. The way I open linked videos directly onto youtube just ate it… so I assumed they didn’t have it).

2 Likes

Heroes of the Storm is slowly making its way back into the zeitgeist. It’s being streamed more, and it’s being talked about more. People are starting to jump ship from LoL, and are really giving HotS the second chance it deserves.

I can only hope Activision catches on before they lose this lightning they managed to recapture.

15 Likes

also, have I been had by this video?

I skimmed a few videos of this channel, and I feel like they were troll videos… not sure if they’re exceptions or the rule…

As a Dota 2 player, I’ve always thought of them as extremely unlikely to jump ship (they are pretty content with the game and community and have played since WC3 mod days)

If Blizzard wants to be serious about poaching players from existing mobas, they should direct advertisements towards LoL videos and LoL players. There is a lot of discontentment among them and a lot of disappoitment towards champion balance, lack of maps, crude gameplay etc.

9 Likes

When Dunkey makes parody, he makes it clear that it’s parody.

His channel is full of troll videos, but his Dunkviews and videos like this are his real opinions.

4 Likes

“half of the roster is free for everyone”.

There you go. “try our faced paced moba, and now we’ve made 50 heroes completely free to play!”

(it’ll never happen, the 50%+ heroes F2P, or the marketing such a move to LoL players. Although I hope to be wrong on both accounts).

2 Likes

okay, that’s good to know… although I couldn’t tell if the videos were parody or not skimming them. Just label stuff clearly, is it that hard?

(I say that, but something tells me they’re doing better in live overall than me, in terms of income, and know how to better manage a youtube channel than me).

A lot of LoL players hate the game yet keep grudgingly logging in because they have so many years invested in it.

Throw in a few lures like the free 20 hero starter packs given out at Heroes 2.0 launch (maybe bump it up to 30 or more), a bunch of free chests, some will install HotS out of curiosity.

Or appeal to their sense of nostalgia, people frequently mention HotS or Blizzard characters on the LoL subreddit. Takes an advertisement wizard to do it but it could be done.

Also, the competitive aspect. What gaming company doesn’t love stealing customers from their biggest rivals?

6 Likes

I also have doubts they have the interest, money or energy to pull off something like this 6 years down the road.

One can always hope though.

Dunkey playing Hots - #7 by Shadowmere-1860 Rood, ninja’d right under my nose despite me being first

But yes I’m very happy with this. It’s already gotten a friend of mine (who hates mobas) to want to give Hots a chance.

He paints a fair picture of what the game really is, despite its inability to compete with larger titles and similar games that were here first. His opening sentence is basically what sold the product to me. I’ve always enjoyed spectating dota and lol but a lot of it seemed like filler activities to prolong the match time.

I already did that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

suuuuuper maaario…

ah, I see what it is.

I have a tendency to open the videos onto youtube, which seems to erase timestamps.

Hence I missed yours… ._.

Great UX from youtube. (not).

3 Likes

General Chat part made me shiver.

wow

4 Likes

Far more scary than any mere horror movie.

The fact he knows about it probably means he knows very well about the community.

They are jumping from LoL? Unfortunate you may be right. Apparently 6 heroes a year with 150 already made champions is too fast for a lot of people now and they’re clamoring for reworks…

I just came back a couple weeks ago after a 2 year stint in competitive Overwatch. In a lot of my games I see people saying they’re coming back after a similar break. I wonder why we all decided to try it again after so long? For me it was just a whim as I was getting annoyed at trying to carry the un-carryable in Overwatch and figured I may as well do it here haha.

2 Likes