Use AI instead of players?

I see a lot of people making these crazy posts on the forum complaining about the players base and all that. but why do something like that when you can have an entire match of nothing by AI? I mean I seem to be progressing at a decent rate for my heroes using this feature. sure they are imperfect and clunky programming but I find this better than have some one argue with me just to argue…

Because AI is on repeat, you will figger out what they do and you adopt cheese tactics. Players are diffrent.
And to be honest. Veteran AI is not hard. You can go 5 mid and reach the core without major resistence

3 Likes

ya but… I have a rather good win rate and XP gain using this method.

1 Like

I like a challenge. MM might be bad sometimes but meh. There are also many good matches and its not like I do 0 mistakes

3 Likes

I have to ask this but… are you some one who has played regnum online in the past? I don’t see where I can send you a PM about this…

You can send links with a blockquote
After my tl3 I dont see it on the phone. But look at the forum syntax

ya… skip that and answer the question. if you don’t mind.

Ow thought you wanted to send me a link with the pm.
No havent played it

HUH? that looked rather good… cant believe he just bailed.

The main target is not to win. The main target is to outsmart the opposition, which only works on human opponents.
Speaking for myself of course.

2 Likes

I know there is a sense of thrill in that but you can’t help but being angery at players for ruining the mood.

But I’m not :thinking:
most of the time

That person was saying and i also agree is that myself and many other players find a.i to be really boring and way to easy. I remember early on when i first started playing and learning the game i was getting so bored of just easily winning with little to no effort and wanted to play against other people. I agree that if your just a casual player, dont really care or dont play the game that much than yeah a.i is probably great and even with a group of friends.

1 Like

it seems like a bitter victory when your team mates come back to bite your arms off after the match. at least you dont ever have to worry about that with AI

Acting like every game you play thats not a.i there will be some angry player belittling you. Its not always the case, sure you will get a troll or angry person now and then. Thats why there is a mute button and report function. Im just telling you why people dont play a.i because they want a challenge or want to improve or get better at the game. And not super boring. I played an a.i game not to long ago to learn a hero and a player just stayed in bot lane. Pushed all the way to core uncontested and we won in 7 minutes. On elite a.i even. And i didnt learn my hero or have fun at all.

1 Like

The AI is pretty predictable so it tends to get boring playing against them. The elite AI does play better then some QM comps but even that gets predictable.
Most people play AI for testing builds or farming quests.

Though the fancy DeepMind AI might be a good idea for HOTS. I hear it plays better then most players and acts like a person.

Also QM matches give better XP and gold. It takes forever to level in VS AI.

1 Like

This actually reminds me of a Illidan
Had a 93% winrate over 500 games. I was like whaaaat :scream:
Then I unchecked AI he had a 43% winrate

There are better and worse players than oneself.

But isn’t that the point of any multiplayer games? That you are better than some players and worse than others, where you strive to improve so you can become better than the ones that was formerly your superior.

People tend to forget this and get angry when worse players are on their team. Yet at the same time they forget, don’t care or don’t notice when they win because of the inferior players on the opposing team.

End point: People will always complain about their team, it is just as inevitable as it is pointless.

my long years of gaming has taught me this. no matter how much you play no matter how skilled you become there will always be some one better than you. what matters is not simply a win or lose in video games, its what you do with knowledge you’ve gained and attempt to improve your self. that’s the primordial rule of it all and that rule is the very reason why games exist. every single person has a chance to become great or worse depending on your choices.