Unable to move cursor in game (Workaround)

Same. OSX 10.14.1 (18B75). Windows fullscreen seems to work.

Scratch that. Windowed fullscreen works until your actually in game.

Edit 3: Windowed fullscreen works with Confine Mouse Cursor set to off.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. I am on Mojave 10.14.1 (18B75). Can I get the hours lost on my stimpack returned because of this issue?

5 Likes

I am having the same issue. Mac OSX Mojave (latest updates to Mojave and to HOTS). Playing in regular servers America. My mouse worked fine up until my game started. I play in fullscreen. Once game started I could not move my mouse at all. It would become nearly impossible to change to a different display mode while the mouse cant move. I tried leaving the game and rejoining - same issue. Then the team started saying they were reporting me, so I got 3 reports from that game on my account. I also didnt get any of the exp I would have from my 3 day boost. I dont want to get in trobule with blizz – please remove those reports. I know you guys have AI tracking them - it will not be smart enough to tell this was because of the bug on your end. Please make sure I dont get in trobuel with blizz on my account because the reporting system is so flawed. NOw I got 3 reports on me and lost my boost exp. Yall better fix this.

5 Likes

Confine Mouse Cursor is the issue for me. It doesn’t work when enabled. It works fine when disabled.

1 Like

Same issue, please fix ASAP

same issue, google for it for about 2 hr. Finally, I’ve found here. Please fix this.

your fix has completely fixed my hots. pls pin this post? maybe also on troubleshooting?

I also have this problem on a mid 2015 MBP with Mojave 10.14.1.

This happened to me and i fixed it. All you have to do is turn off those smart barriers under mouse and keyboard settings.

Running newest Mac software btw

using a 2017 macbook pro all latest updates and mine as well has been working fine until this patch and all accessibility was already okay not sure what else i can do. windowed mode just adds lots of lag to the point i would rather wait until this is fixed

How can i fix it? Help! :slight_smile:

I will add another +1 to this. As a software developer myself, this is very disappointing to see, as the patch was clearly not tested on any Mac machine with the latest OS.

The workaround posted of allowing HotS/Battlenet to control my computer did work so far, but I’m not comfortable with that as a long-term fix.

4 Likes

10.14.1 Mojave here on an iMac Pro & windowed works, neither full screen works.
The initial "window’ is tiny & I have to stretch it out from the edges, but then it’s fine.

I was able to get my mouse by following the work around.

I went to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility and then I clicked the lock at the bottom left to unlock the settings (type password). Then I clicked the checkbox next to SC2.app. Then relaunched SC2 and it fixed my issue.

9 Likes

this worked for me too!

1 Like

This solved the issue. You guys need to pin this to the top.

1 Like

No they need to fix this. How many casual players were lost due to this because they don’t go to a forum looking for a fix? How often will people try to open a support ticket for this and just give up? (they can’t because “a f2p game has limited support”.)

With all the crashing and poor performance and bugs the mac playerbase is swindling and blizzard will point their fingers at apple and their low marketshare.

6 Likes

Hello I have found a solution to the current mac issue, if you could pass the information on it would be helpful for other players. The mouse can not be moved. The solution is; 1. When in game and it dose not move press command + M 2. You will now bein a windowed mode where the mouse can-move. Go into OPTIONS and click on “mouse and keyboard” then on the left “confine mouse curser” and turne it OFF 3. Now you can change the graphics back to fullscreen and it will work Hope that helps

I also have this problem. I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.1.