Tyrande Inconsistencies

Tyrande’s Q is not working properly.

(according to what I know.)

“Heal an ally Hero for 255. Light of Elune’s cooldown is reduced by 1.5 seconds every time Tyrande damages an enemy.

This is untrue in terms of how it actually functions. AAs reduce the cooldown by 1.5 seconds against any enemy, but abilities only do so against enemy Heroes. Dropping a Starfall on a group of minions therefor does not reduce the cooldown of your Q, despite what the description states.

Another thing, her level 16 talent, Huntress’ Fury, causes AAs to splash when used on marked targets. These spread attacks hit and damage enemies other than the main target, but do not grant additional Q cooldown reduction…

1 Like

cooldown reduction is not a question of consistency but balance, there are many other talents among different heroes that double dip into every possible talent buff, but there are some circumstances that don’t, for reasons of ending up being too powerful

1 Like

I think you missed my point. My point is that her Q ability clearly states that damage reduces the cooldown of her Q, indicating the splash AAs of that talent would also grant more Q cooldown reduction. If the splash talent shouldn’t grant more Q cooldown reduction when it splashes AAs to nearby targets, then it should state so.

1 Like

Well you probably know of Raynor and his trait, where every 4th attack is a splash. With the lvl 16 talent, every 4th attack does an additional 3% of targets HP in damage, and probably for same reasons that Tyrande’s CD reduction works only on main target and doesn’t stack up on splash, neither will Raynor’s trait do extra 3% to the heroic targets it splashes to.

Not a design flaw, but a balancing decision. The game does not allow double dipping for specific and logical reasons.

1 Like

Whilst Raynor’s ‘Bounty Hunter’ talent works similarly, it does state if its target is a hero, it deals additional damage equal to 3% of their maximum health. I want to say that this indicates that its a single target effect, but I also think its worded quite weirdly.

My complaint is simply that her AA splash talent is worded wrongly (and her Q too) and they should either change the interaction so it fits the description, or change the description, whichever works.

(I know that it’s best to fix the description of the talent instead of making the splash AAs also contribute Q cdr)

It should read:

“Tyrande’s Basic Attacks against targets with Hunter’s Mark splash to nearby enemies. These additional Basic Attacks cannot reduce the cooldown of Light of Elune.”

Or atleast, something similar to this.

1 Like

The issue is I believe that each instance of damage is only counted as one.

I do not believe splashing multiple heroes with her later hunter’s mark will all provide CDR.

And applying “each first hit an ability or auto attack does” is wordy and probably would be a localization issue.

Advanced tool tips should explain the full thin? Absolutely.

But they have shied away from going very technical in abilities in game. So this is likely written as intended and hence not a bug bug.

1 Like

Please take a moment to review the bug reporting guidelines:

Tooltip is wrong and the CDR is working as intended. From the rework patch notes (https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22448179/#tyrande).

• The cooldown is lowered by 1.5 seconds every time you Basic Attack.
  • The cooldown is lowered by 1.5 seconds every time you damage an enemy Hero with an ability.

“Every time Tyrande deals damage” would mean both the AA splash and ability damage to non-heroes should trigger the CDR. There’s nothing much to discuss here, really.