Tychus is so broken

Necromancer.

2 Likes

I like to play Tanks so Tychus is a bit of a heel for me. But that’s his job so i’m ok with it.

Tychus is almost a melee assassin. In terms of range. You need to pick the target and the fight. Catch them weak the go hard.
Its funny people are splitting after 10 a lot. Most don’t move as a team through the lanes. Tighten up the teamwork.

A rare example of understanding.

Yes, this enemy character has a significant advantage over mine so I will have to change the way I play around this enemy character.

If only all the forum was as sage.

2 Likes

Makes you kinda feel bad for Cassia huh?

Not far from the truth. I remember that name.

% damage is stronger against high hp people. You do more overall damage.
Usually when a person has high health it is one of their strengths. When you take that away it is very strong.

Is % damage bad against low health people? No. Is it more worthwhile to target high hp heroes? Yes. In your example you either do 1000 damage or 500 damage. Tychus was a problem because he killed everything from range, he did too much damage safely.

You can argue it kills a squishy faster, but you gain more value from burning a high health tank and taking away his strength rather than already fulfilling the weakness of a squishy (low health).

Yeah, isn’t it nice you still get to live after trash-talking the land of our great regime?

People be protected by the first ammendment all the time in their day to day lives and they still think it’s funny and maybe even true to say it’s a bad thing :joy: :rofl:

Edit: P.S. Tfw necro b8d

Cassia has a high-range, low-cooldown poke option in her Q, so it’s not really comparable.

Tychus is beyond my favorite hero to play as. His damage is amazing, if you combine his healing with his trait he can essentially become dehaka. He is definitely a bruiser/tank/assassin if hes left alone. The key word is ALONE. Tychus cant run for nothing, he needs to get close in order to actually be a threat. essentially anyone with far range, stuns, blinds, etc can easily kill a tychus. But if hes with his teammates especially with anduin who can pull him out in a pinch, johnna with her grab, essentially anyone who can hold someone in place is dead meat.

Man, sounds like you’re terribad. He does amazing against a strong frontline but a team full of ranged dps, he’s going to have a hard time.

His dmg is percent dmg. As a result, the time it takes for him to kill a tank is the same time it takes to kill a squishy except that dmg against tanks does more dmg (due to percent dmg) so he’s a real good high hp killer.

I never find him as a problem, if you ignore him, he’ll shred you but it’s so easy to get him to retreat and gank him that I have no idea how you find him a problem unless you’re retarded.

Like, severely.

Old thread, but I might also point out he has the DPS to fully 100-0 a squishy hero in a short period of time (about 4 seconds total if it’s someone like Valla).

With Bigger they Are on lv4, he can bring even a Diablo or Stitches to 35% in ~3 seconds, but he doesn’t really have the DPS to finish them off, even with Titan Grenade + Overkill.

He can kill squishys just as fast. But others can 1shot in less time. So he is a slow killer. Squishys usually have burst cc mobility to deal with his passive.

How to beat Tychus.

Use your gap opener when you see his minigun tip change color, because it means he’s going to ram it up your !@#.

Once the color change is gone, laugh as you slaughter him

As someone with a decent winrate with Tychus, he’s really about 3 combos - Trait to open up with, Overkill for the mid, and then Grenade to finish. If you manage to avoid Trait, you win.

agreed, stop playing heroes of the strom because of tychus, nearly in every game I played, he does over 7000 dmg in 2 seconds? at later LVL. I understand he is a tank buster, but it doesn’t matter, beacuse his pertcent damage can get up to 4% at LVL 4? should be later when health is a problem. Please fix this bizzard, a game is ment to be fun but whenever I see a tychus on the enemy team I know its GG if he starts snowballing and it not fun. if you need another tank buster make one or reduces his % damage a bit 1%, its all im asking

Nice necro. And just how late game do are you talking? To do 7k damage in 2 seconds you would be talking something like level 40 match I guess? So your games last somewhere between 1,5 and 2 hours?
At most you get 5% per attack with TBTA and Sizzling so 20% per second + base AA damage which is gonna be around 100 I imagine at level 20. For example stitches who is one of beefiest heroes in the game has around 10k hp at level 30. With the said combo you would deal less than 5k in that 2s window at level 30. So you dug that 7k in 2s straight out of your azz. I can imagine you are one of the clueless people and went to attack chaos dolls in try mode which have tens of thousands of health so you are hitting the cap damage percentage damage has and probably even level 20 drill upgrade boosting you. Even with those I wouldn’t be sure you get to number that high… :weary:

1 Like

Joined 1 hour ago and the first you do is to necro a 1 year old post. WP man wp.

13 Likes

Y’ever tried stunning him through the % damage? It’s like a 4s window, peel him and leave and there goes that extra sustained damage.

Assassins generally fold if you just lay on a stun and take the fight away from the way they started it. They need the favorable circumstances to win most fights.

Edit, bones for the bone god apparently.

At least someone knows how to use the search function. Give him a medal maybe?

2 Likes

tbf, pretty sure my first post was a necro since the way I found the existence of this forum is by searching up questions and google will direct me directly to a forum topic, no matter how old it is. And I don’t know what necro was back then.

1 Like