Turn mastery rings off?

So I bought the mastery ring for my most played character (Jaina lvl 74) and decided it did not look good with my costumes and such. It would be nice to be able to turn the rings off cause now I’m stuck with the look that imo looks kinda dorky. There should be a way to cycle the mastery rings on and off so I can choose when to use it or else I would have never bought it.

20 Likes

i would be happy if you could even see hero rings on all mounts

Or by the loadout that you have a on and off switch.
I want to sometimes look like a noob

8 Likes

Totally agreed. Please make this filth disablable. I don’t understand, has Blizzard hired student designers or something?

Just think about this. Under a hero appears a YELLOW ring, which is BLINKING every two seconds. Do you think it will distract you from the battle? The answer to this question from a student designer is: oh, cool, it’s blinking! The answer of a good designer: yes, of course it will distract you from the battle - how did you come up with the idea of adding this to the game?

The update in which the ring was added was released on October 15. And on October 16th, out of curiosity, I pressed the button to buy a ring for one of my favorite characters. Oh, it’s a pity I didn’t read in the chat about its effect…

Almost immediately after buying it, I messaged to the tech support with the request to cancel my purchase. I justified my request by the fact that at no stage of the purchase the effect of this ring was specified:

1. There was no text on the button that said that there would be an ugly outline under the hero.
  2. There was no hint of this when I hovered mouse cursor on the button.
  3. There was no indication in the payment confirmation window that the ugly stroke would appear.
  4. After clicking on the “Pay” button, there was also no message “Now there is a ugly outline under your hero”.

But as usual, tech support replied that it knew nothing, couldn’t do anything. Even when I quoted their own words:
“”""""""""""""""""
Customer Support cannot refund purchases in Heroes of the Storm, as the game is designed to prevent mistakes of this type. We highly recommend you use the “Try Now” button before making a purchase to try a product before you buy it. Heroes of the Storm Refund Policy - Blizzard Support
“”""""""""""""""""
, and when I said the game didn’t provide any information about the deal in advance, there was no “Try Now” button, there was no any image of this outline, and because of this they should cancel the purchase, they said that that’s NOT THE POINT OF THE TEXT. I mean, they said I misunderstood (they wrote what they mean by it is that the game protects against mistakes by accidentally pressing a button or something like that).

The point is, I thought this new feature ring would do one of things: it either adds XP to the hero, or it adds rank points. That’s why I pressed it.

But instead of that, now there’s a permanent visual effect that I don’t need, which doesn’t fit in with skins (and mounts, and the ground, and the map, and anything else), and which distracts from the battle.

Blizzard, I didn’t ask you to sell me a curse undercover. Please turn it off.

3 Likes

I was about to purchase two rings for Cassia, but after reading some of the negative comments I think I’ll sleep on that decision. I’ll have to wait a little while longer so I can do some more research. I want to see it. I wish somebody had a YouTube video or photo of it.

It can’t be disabled, for now I guess.

I always wonder:
In what environment do they try the things they will add to the game?

PS: This blizzcon is going to be very interesting because of the protests that will be seen and the surprise within the same event.

1 Like

They gonna be a huge announcement about mastery rings at Blizzcon.

If you buy 2 the third one is free. Only for a limited time.

2 Likes

Hello? Someone from Blizzard? Is anyone reading these Forums? Can we please turn them off? i regret buying this on Sylvanas.

Joined 20 min ago :white_check_mark:
Necro a one year old thread :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

And that somehow invalidates what i said? Wasn’t aware the worth of a human is tied to their postcount here.

Threads this old generaly arent worth bumping, and in this case making a new thread would have worked just aswel. And if you wanted to refer this thread you could still have linked it.

But hey, its at least not a thread that did become irrelevant over time.

4 Likes

All i would do that way it to create a pointless duplicate of something that already exists. Bumping the old thread it is.

Bumping old threads is not allowed in the COC. You would know if you head read them before posting

Actualy, that rule falls under the default forum rules. And in the CoC the following is also mentioned:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

So whatever you do, it would always have been an issue there, while sometimes issues are simply just forgotten.

In this case my preference would be a new thread to avoid commenting to those 1,5y old posts as some people just dont read the post dates of the older posts. And just accept its a duplicate. Its at least not like those surrender threads that happen like very month.

How many Threads does Blizzard need to make the button, which already exists, not disapear after you bought the highest ring, but instead keep it there and let it cycle through the ring types.

Including this one there are 5 Threads about this. How many do you need? is six the magic number?

No wonder this game is slowly dying if this is what their remaining playerbase is worth to them. One year, for a 10min fix.

To be honest. When they announced it I assumed there would be a toggle.

I don’t always want people to know that I’m the most dangerous person on the team.

(Also, if they actually wanted to make money, RIngs would have been Gem only)

1 Like

I just came in to say I’m so @#$%ing tired of these smartmouth posters pointing out necros. Wow you knob, you also just bumped the thread, and instead of posting something relevant or constructive, you decided to point out the date of the post. Even though the issue is still concurrent.

If it’s a problem, threads should autolock. Otherwise, leave it be-- if all you have to add is “DiD yOu KnOw YoU nEcRo’D” then maybe just don’t add anything at all. Flag it if it truly irks you that much and just don’t post. Can we make that step as a community? Please?

No idea how we’re waiting on a toggle in 2021 though.

4 Likes

She could have been raised from the dead by a skilled necromancer such as you

relevant…

Because Activisionblizzard hasnt figured out yet that happy players throw money at you. But instead of making players happy they trying to invent the ulimate moneysink. If only their tech and ux was as good as their lore.

3 Likes

This is the reason I never bought a mastery ring. The information on the ring was super ambiguous and there was no toggle to turn it off.

3 Likes