Toxic Community

Another player told me to kill myself and that it would be better off if my mother had aborted me.

I reported the player. But damn. The community in this game is toxic. I did not provoke this guy. I don’t even type anything in the chat except to say “thank you” if someone saves me or to say “good job” if we pull off an awesome play.

This is sad for me, because my brother actually did commit suicide. There are people out there who will take comments like this to heart. Telling people things like this is pure evil. Honestly, there should be some kind of law enforcement reaction to doing things like this. Even if it’s done behind a computer screen.

6 Likes

Jerks are jerks, and to be honest are probably 12 years old (if not physically, then certainly mentally). It sucks that that happened, but the best you can do is mute them, report them, and carry on.

At the end of the day, HotS has a better community than like 80% of online games. You’ll find worse faster and more frequently.

3 Likes

Inconceivable! To some, this is the only community they know.

But yes, I avoid military shooters and sports games like the plague because they are the cesspool of humanity.

3 Likes

Technically, the best I could do is subpoena (blizzard? microsoft?) for his CC records and open a civil case against him. But that’d be a waste of my time and money.

FPS games and MOBA’s have been full of these types ever since Counter Strike and Dota 1 originally came out.

Muting them and moving on works just as well today as it did back then. Throw in a report as well if you have the energy.

2 Likes

People who say stuff like this are in the minority tho. In my 8 years in Hots I have only had about 5 death threats on this forum and 2 ingame.

You will see this like ten fold more in games like LOL where its common.

If I was you I would for your own health just turn chat off. Thats what I did. Never been any more happy after that.

3 Likes

This game is on it’s last legs. Every game is AFKers, toxic play; I don’t even enable team chat anymore due to the garbage messages.

I would suggest muting chat.

Also, don’t play DotA.

2 Likes

Your life is everything!
:cloud_with_lightning:
Your life serves a lot of purpose!
:cloud_with_lightning:
You should love yourself NOW! :cloud_with_lightning:

9 Likes

Yeah I mean I get into arguments quite frequently (mostly defending others or when I am attacked) and I could get very cruel if I wanted to (I worked in a very crude but well meaning industry) but I’ve never said that to anyone as I think that draws the line.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find anything that asked.

That wouldn’t even work, blizzard would be sued by people completely unrelated to the matter cause thats PERSONAL INFORMATION (means words =/= real life threat, ok kiddo?). And your not even old enough to obtain your own attorney if that’s your mind-set
If you take things on the internet serious, it’s not for you, make a Zen garden outside or something.

If you can’t handle people being unpleasant you gotta turn chat off, or don’t play the game. People will always say this kind of stuff, it’s just part of online play. Reporting them does nothing except make you feel like you accomplished something.

People are just reflections of what the system/society has raised them to be, try to understand their pain instead of delving deeper into it.

Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

1 Like

Pineal, have you met PureBlooded yet?

I’m sure it’s a coincidence, but you both share an uncannily similar philosophical positions, and use very much the same language in expressing those concepts.

2 Likes

Properly an alt account.

1 Like
3 Likes

Toxic matchmaking = toxic community

if 60lvl potato with 0 experience with 0 game in ranked pairning with wetaran 3000+ it is :kiss:

1 Like

player level doesn’t actually indicate any modicum of skill, so there’s no precluding that a “lvl 60” couldn’t be matched with a “lvl 3000” especially in ranked matchmaking.

That’s part of why games use “mmr” instead of “player level”.

How many years have gone by without you bothering to learn how to improve you knowledge, and instead just loop the same complaints? Well, turns out lots of other people are the same way: so long as they have something to blame, they don’t improve and they just create the ‘toxicity’ that comprises their complaints.

That’s part of why these sort of things can be seen in all the other games and not just ‘ded’ ones like this.

4 Likes

Account level means even less so now with the large volume of smurf accounts bumping around in every mode and every rank.

2 Likes