Hello, Blizzard.
I come today to present you a very serious dissatisfaction concerning your matchmaking, which is coded, it seems by interns…
This is absolutely not the first time that this bug happens to me:
I choose a hero to go in QM, and, I find myself with a completely different hero.
It makes the matchmaking unbalanced, and we can only suffer this incompetence…
You should quickly find the reason of this problem which is really annoying…
2 Likes
Problem is some heroes have so strong character that they own their own will sometimes. Those heroes want to be played by you : this is a mark of honor.
On a more serious note, I couldn’t pick some heroes on unranked two times on the many games I played. Maybe some residual bugs (or aliens) are lurking around.
Nothing to do with matchmaking. But it is probably the oldest bug in HotS.
I have gotten it once this year too. I get it about once or twice a year.
It was reported hundreds of times and devs said they were looking into it 4 years ago.
Guess they gave up or couldn’t figure out how to fix it cost-effectively.
Worst part about this bug is it can’t be reproduced easily. It’s completely random and very rare. I don’t envy the devs who tried to fix it in the past (if they did).
I don’t dislike the bug, I even remember the first time it happened to me. I was queued as Jaina but appeared as Murky on Dragon Shire. I told the team what happens and they gave me quick tips on how to play him and I had a blast. Murky player was born that day. I miss how extra friendly people were at the start of the game, I suppose it’s natural that falls away.
They can’t afford one, even the kind that will do it for free.
1 Like
They might buy some scrubs… Until S9E06 though.
I recall one occasion, and I’d say it was a desync between the client and the server. I changed my hero at the very last moment, it got locked, but I entered the match with the previous hero.
Few reasons why MM sucks in this day…
- Player base is whithering, MM is forcing random players to play each other
- QM players can be anyone from Bronze players to Plat players
- Groups vs solo players
Blizzard tried to fix MM like 3 years into the game, NOT in the first or 2nd year after all the complaints.
I remember when people hated QM mirror heroes and it was a complaint by players for YEARS until they decided to take it out…
I am sure re-coding mm NOT to have mirror heroes would take one dev maybe days if not within 2 weeks to remove, yet it took them YEARS to make players happy. When they made that change, it was a positive welcome to MM…
I don’t know if it’s that. I’ve had it happen even right after logging in. I que quick match as Rehgar or Samuro, I spawn as Yrel or Kerrigan. It seems completely random.
Not a very common bug though. I see it happen to other people ~monthly, personally once or twice a year.