This game needs a raid mode

10man and 20man boss raids.

Imagine a group of people defeating a boss in a large area and spawns coming from left and right and all over the place. DPS controlling ads, healers doing their thing, tanks… well tanking.

Small bosses have weaknesses such as if chilled, damage to the boss increased by 5%. So you know you have to have Jaina on your team.

Yes it will be fun, don’t question it. lol

2 Likes

Going from how toxic WoW was on top of the elitist gatekeeping. I would say no.

There is so much to consider to even make this mode worthwhile.

1. Bosses doing attack patterns that all heroes can avoid without movement skills.
  2. All heroes being viable.
  3. Heroes have skills that can be a bit pointless rendering them useless or unused
  4. Will there be a standard forced comp of Healer, Tank, and 3 DPS?
  5. Current Bosses present no actual challenge.
  6. 10-20 people is too many. I even feel 10 is already pushing it.
  7. Party search QM style?

Reading some of the posts. I didn’t know about making a custom match with certain rules to emulate a raid boss fight. I honestly think this is fun. A bunch of weaklings trying to take down a powerful boss.

It being player controlled boss with plenty of boss skills to use would probably be the best way to also emulate the asymmetric games that have been popping up.
Being brought down a certain health percentage will unlock a 2nd phase with new skills to use.
Could be a separate mode queue where a player is randomly chosen to be the boss or the option to opt out at being the boss.

Tell me you’re inspired by boss invades, where both groups nicely agree to focus their abilities on the big bad before wiping each other. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t mind a fun mode like that, but it could get boring.

Many talents (and heroes) require hitting heroes.

Karabars organized an event many moons ago, where one team (of level 1s) would face a single level 30 player. Something like that could be fun as well, although this specific setup, the players were already able to win. In any event, that could work with random queue like QM / ARAM.

4 Likes

I like the idea, for reasons. I don’t believe it to be feasible with HotS in its as is form however. Too many mechanics are designed with either heroes or minions in mind. Bosses kinda fall in between and are the least interesting part of HotS. But as HotS itself was a side project of SC2, no one says the side project couldn’t have a side project of its own: an arcadey boss takedown action team challenge thingamajig.

2 Likes

Ppl remember :')

I’d still organise such events if I’d see enough ppl interested. Maybe I should try to advertise it on reddit :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d play it, I wonder how strong vikings would be on the level 30 side given they can cover all 3 lanes

1 Like

For the bosses, the best strategy is to rush a single lane. I was the boss most the time and I made the mistake of farming kills because it was fun :smiley:

There was a short lived hero’s brawl called Escape from Braxis that was promising and could have really been built out into something cool as far as a Hots PvE experience goes.

I’m not sure why the devs didn’t pursue this further. It may have had mixed reviews, but I thought it was fun and different and had potential to be something bigger.

5 Likes

I think it was because they didnt have monetisation method for it in place and therefore spending company money on adding to it or maintaining it would have been seen as a waste

This woulda been a pretty cool brawl back when brawls were a rotational thing.

Immortals map is sorrrrta it I guess but a full on raid fight woulda been a neat experiment.

man, escape from braxis was the coolest brawl no contest.

3 Likes

Mixed reviews? From what I’ve seen everyone that isn’t an ARAM one trick liked it a lot.

2 Likes

The game just needs more PvE content. Escape from Braxis just barely scratched the itch. They could have had it to where the five man grouping could have taken on powerful enemies in the Nexus requiring all five to bring down. Instead of making Orphea and the Wakanda Reject they could have made powerful bosses Nexus residents instead.

Imagine a game mode where it was a normal match…but instead one singular, powerful foe that either must be avoided or driven off while trying to gain levels. Dying to them should be avoided at all costs, but being it is one individual pressuring multiple lanes while avoiding them until enough juice is gained to where fighting them isn’t a death knell for the entire team. Enemy minion waves could be juiced up a bit to compensate, meaning that leaving a lane alone for too long would result in a steadily lose of that lane.

Something like a Resident Evil Nemesis or Silent Hill Pyramid Head; engagement is strongly opposed if not outright deadly to any that try. The main goal would be to survive and avoid leveling up the colossal threat further than it already is.

Or even an endless siege mode where the team has to last as long as possible against increasingly difficult waves of minions, mercs, and heroes.

1 Like