This Game is Dead

It is simply a cash grab at this point. I have lost patience. Issues that have been present since Beta are still ongoing. The amount of issues with tech support, matchmaking, balance, etc…

It’s ridiculous. I loved this game. I hate it now. No other Blizzard games gives the community less attention than this one. It’s under-funded, and at this point is seen simply as a cash grab by big Blizzard.

I urge the fellow players of this community to give Blizzard pressure, as money at this point is the only thing they respond to. Otherwise, the game will continue on it’s slow decline and receive less and less actual attention from big Blizz. Am I salty? Absolutely. Is it warranted? Absolutely.

• coming from a true fan of this game.

[This thread has been locked before conversation could devolve even further - Forum Moderator]

109 Likes

Lemme guess; you placed bronze but highly believe you are gold and or masters? :slight_smile:

64 Likes

I believe that I’m Bronze, but I play with Platinum - Diamond. Why? :sob:

17 Likes

It’s not a cash grab if it’s free 2 play right? :thinking:

28 Likes

“This game is just a cash grab”.

*Except for a couple of skins, everything is for free, including the game itself.

34 Likes

F2P games are pretty much always cashgrabs, this is just a well known fact in the gaming world. Game quality is sacrificed for the ability to capitalize on hat buying whales.

33 Likes

i can buy everything i want with gold/shards. No need to spend real life money…

22 Likes

Not right! :disappointed_relieved: These things aren’t mutually exclusive.
The problem with corporate greed for this game is that the development/support suffers because of it. It doesn’t matter if you play it for free, they still design it around in-game purchases and constantly spend what seems like the great minority of their human resources on making the game better and it’s not even clear if they are trying to improve player experience or have given up on that because it makes money as it is.

9 Likes

Game was doomed from the start when it was built from the crappy StarCraft 2 engine with the original intention of being a custom game.

With how much development they’ve put in HotS up to today they sure wish they built the game on a brand new engine from the ground up.

24 Likes

You know, if you want to make a point you should probably actually list your reasons for why you are unhappy with the game rather than just complaining about vague nothing.

42 Likes

New forums, same old threads. Ah nostalgia uwu

9 Likes

Game isn’t dead for whole. Some parts of it are dead - maps (hello map rotation or reworked GoT), heroes (Tass).
Tassadar is great example. Why? Because he’s dead on UD, HL, and rarely plays on TL. Even on QM I don’t meet him so often. His popularity is one of the lowest. And winrate.

1 Like

This is a really dishonest thing to say, tbh.
You really think that devs made this game with the idea in mind that they won’t get the maximum possible amount of money from people?
I’m not saying this game is a ‘cash-grab’, but the idea that it is ‘free’ is also strongly misguiding (nothing is free).

6 Likes

Man, if only every thread did like this.

3 Likes

In every game I’ve been to, there always has to be that “this game is dead” guy,. Idk if you don’t play enough, but it’s pretty alive and well.
Also your concerns,
thanks, but no thanks.

7 Likes

People been saying this game is dead for years like any other game/franchise/etc but here we are years laters and still on a roll as the 3rd most popular MOBA esport. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/w7WzEgp

Yep, the typical way to treat players. You won’t get matched people of similar skill. 1-2 people manipulating games isn’t unusual.

1 Like

You should keep :thinking:. People like you don’t understand how the world works.

2 Likes

Maybe you should stick to making Genji complaint threads every month.

4 Likes

Ive paid 0$ and currently have something like 140 free skins and mounts.

Seems pretty free to me.

17 Likes