The toxicity is getting weirder

I just had a guy who called his teammates a range of slurs for not immediately picking up a turret. When we all just collectively reported him, he sat in base the rest of the match. I then got messaged after the match saying “Of course you have a 9 year old account”, as though playing on smurf account is some sort of flex.

I want to say it isn’t even uncommon to just run into stupid toxic more often nowadays. Which I guess is kind of a problem with smurf accounts running rampant and I wish Blizzard would do something about it.

I’m just going to make this short and sweet. You should allow about 0% of your time worrying about what some toxic person was ranting about. None of them are relevant, nor are their opinions.

7 Likes

Pretty much. People should just report them instead of trying to reason with them. Nothing good comes out of thier mouth anyway. Also nr 1 reason why I still got non-friend messages blocked. Then they can have fun writing thier long toxic essay just to find out he cant whisper you. That will make them even more mad.

4 Likes

True. I honestly can’t even count the number of times I have seen players, who are playing extraordinarily well, start biting the nonsense, and all of a sudden, we start losing the game due to the negativity that has now garnered itself among the team.

1 Like

Reporting is what weak people do, it’s been socially engineered into them. Either use the mute button if you can’t handle reading crazy people’s emo, or just read and ignore it.

So calling the police would now be a sign of weakness in the real world ?
Or is it now a weakness to tell your parents that you get bullied in school now ?
Your comments just proves how failed society has become in USA where you problaby live.

4 Likes

You can’t reason with this one, their IQ is so high we plebs just can’t comprehend the wisdom and meaning of their rants. Like abusive rage monsters you encounter in games, it’s best to not feed them.

IMO, the whole report system could do with a change, starting with Blizzard taking over most of the responsibility of policing their own games, rather than relying on players/customers to do so.

As others have said, all you can do is mute or report people and don’t let them get under your skin. This is easier said than done, but when I encounter very abusive people, I remind myself it’s an internet thing or a gamer thing, or both and hope these players aren’t adults, so there is a chance they might grow out of their nonsense.

2 Likes

I reported and muted him. He went on a second account.

Ah yea thats right. Pureblood was gifted with the same water Odin drank in the Norse Mythology so his wisdom is beyond what we can understand.

3 Likes

So did you learn anything about the efficacy of reporting from that?

I forgot to mention. In my opening that I did do this. I literally just reported him and the team went on with banter before doing the same. He then sat in base all game, going out of his way to re-log in.

After the match (when I had joined a second), the loser went on a second account to flame me with more slurs and the fact I have only one account.

This is what I mean when I say the toxicity is getting weirder. The ineffectual reporting system is only emboldening toxic people who are also stupid.

1 Like

Boi, screw the mute, arrange a place to meet. Throw hands like grown ups. If you ain’t throwing down like an ECW match than you’re just a good for nothing milk drinker. Be making each others bodies sounding off like a bowl of rice crispies if you do it right.

The only reporting that is acceptable is reporting to the nearest hospital to get patched up enough to throw down a second or third time. It’s always best two out of three so there are no doubts.

Every in game problem just needs a bit of pugilism to solve it. Or a whole lot. Some need a few more whacks up the noggin’ to get those brain cells firin’ off properly.

Lead by example. Put dem paws up!

4 Likes

Most of them would be too unhealthy to show up and they’d still go back to reporting afterwards to console themselves. Good effort tho, in theory

This sucks, but not new, like literally my experience in my first 24 hrs entering ranked. At least you got him reported. I’ve made it a personal rule, anyone who takes the time to message you after game, in a negative way, is just not worth worrying about, I think that’s a very petty action.

Oh, and for the account, I think they were not flexing Smurf, it was a dumb attempt to say that you should ‘get gud’ for playing that long. I got a similar whisper after a game after I started ranked which said something like, ‘you’ve been playing for 5 years and you’re still bad.’ Funny thing about that is the ‘year old account’ thing starts as soon as you log in to HoTs. I had a blizzard account from SC and tried the tutorial for HoTs then left it alone for 2 years. So this guys bad assumption was even worse because I had only played for about half the time he thought.

Whatever, I said it wasn’t new, but it’s definitely weird, and not worth your trouble. Best of luck in your future games.

1 Like