The playerbase will recover, give it time

No, that’s called MMR, it is DESIGNED to constantly recompute skill, and the re-computation requires matches to be played, and therefore will take time.

I don’t think you quite understand what MMR actually is.

6 Likes

I don’t think you comprehend how unfun the game is at this time. When people are lvl 138 with an A portrait or a B portrait because they only come back to play every 6 months for a few games, and they get in the games of someone that plays every day, there is a serious problem. That’s the extreme version of what happens on a daily basis.

For example, why are players that play HL and TL ONLY in the period slightly before or after a season start/end date consistently matched with players in Diamond through Gold? They should bottom out from lack of play.

Silence equals winning.

3 Likes

Or preoccupation. IE, I was busy.

I’m not going to repeat myself ad nauseum.

MMR is fluid, takes time to recompute, and is entirely a product of the environment it’s given. If you can’t understand that nothing else will really drive this discussion forward.

4 Likes

LOL Okay why repeat yourself if the point isn’t even under debate. We’re all saying that the system sucks and you keep saying the system works a certain way and we’re like yeah it sucks.

1 Like

But for some reason it does weird things. I see players who play 10 ranked games/season and went from gold to dia/master with 5-5, 6-4 placements in the last 3 seasons, so even there is the 5 division max climb rule they went through half the ladder with 30 games but play like a silver. With zero game knowledge, zero mechanical skill, zero macro play, nothing.
I lose 2 divisions with 5-5 and win 0 points with 7-3. Yeah MMR is fluid but the HotS waterfall flows upside down.

1 Like

look up activision’s matchmaking patents filed in 2015 and awarded in 2017. It’s not a coincidence.

Ok, i’m not happy with this. Why?

I’m 33. Working hard, get to play every two or three days and can play for most of 2 hours. Im not a good player, can play small range of heroes but thats whats quick match is for, no?

Well, no. Every game i play is against team with average level summary above 1000+ than our tteam. I dont mind, im bad player, dont have any ambitions in this game, just wanna relax. What i dont want is look 5 - 8 minutes more to “searching”, just to ended in the same game against players with 4 times my level.

This is happening long time now and only thing i see on this patch is longer waiting line without any better results.

Its a QUICK match. I suppose to be garbage, noob and chill league. Wanna better matchmaking? Go play ranked, or unranked, where you can do whatever. Just give me opponents with the same level and ill be glad.

3 Likes

15 min queue time. Get lumped with a bot. Game is broke.

2 Likes

This game will be dead in 12 month if the trend continues. There is no recover with a vendor that doesn’t invest, doesn’t convince new players and griefs the existing player base in the meantime. I don’t know a single reason why a LoL or Dota player should play HOTS instead.

The matchmaking of this game is the worst trash that the internet has ever seen and it’s unbelievable expensive to get the heroes you need to play kind of competitively, not to mention the time you need to learn 15 maps and level all the heroes.

And after you did that you are allowed to deal with Blizzards player base that is unable to hit a button.

3 Likes

I respect your opinion. QM should be quick. But this is down to the small playerbase and your MMR.
On the other hand new players don’t learn the game with the old QM plus it’s very frustrating to play a lot of heroes without front line or heal. It was just heroes roulette and has nothing to do with a MOBA game that takes itself serious in that business.

1 Like

i disagree, unranked draft or hero league were always supposed to be the modes for people who wanted ordered team compositions, quick match was supposed to be for people who want a quick match at the sacrifice of a balanced composition, so i don’t see the point in making one like the other, i also think you’ll be running into less diversified/intersting matchups that can lead into fun/interesting games

4 Likes

Where, I have never seen a 15 minute queue.

Exactly, QM is now the proper learning environment it’s supposed to be. It’s vastly less frustrating to play so long as MMR is working properly and all people in the match are of similar skill.

I just wish that they had done this back when Hots 2.0 was announced as playerbase peaked really well that time. Having improved matchmaking would’ve done wonders and possibly gotten rid of the stigma of not being worth playing because of the bad matchmaking. Just because the matchmaking was sort of kind of fixed it’s not really something newsworthy to tell your friends about unless they have previously played the game and quit solemnly because of it. It would’ve been easier to advertise the game with Hots 2.0 release

6 Likes

playerbase will never recover. It will continue to decline. It doesn’t matter if QM is great, it doesn’t even matter if they fixed ranked right away.

People have played this game and found it was an unfun experience. They won’t play something again that they didn’t like before.

Atvi stock is tanking, blizz employee’s are getting pay cuts, IR managers have removed hots from all of the CC’s. The game is going to be milked for all its worth until it is no longer profitable. It is a depreciating asset. I blame 100% the leaderships decisions over the last year or 2

6 Likes

Same here. I love the new composition of the teams although I still find games where one team lacks a tank or heals, other than that I love the composition of tank+ healer for each team. Still hate having 2.5 kda silver and gold players on my team dying 10+ and up so yeah… no matter how good of a comp you have can’t really over come one or two bad teammates

3 Likes

Mei and Bastion with that one Christmas skin that he has to celebrate the Holidays will save hots.

1 Like

Obviously some people are exaggerating the negative aspects of the changes with QM MM. But putting that aside, I’ve noticed an increase in my QM queues, particularly when I take a support that is a “Call of the Nexus” hero.

I’ve had about eight games where one side had no tank or healer, but overall I’d say the changes are positive.

Then why then am I pointing out these problems? Perhaps it will help the Devs (not sure they read these forums) to more quickly identify any problems with the new MM rules, so they can refine and improve them.

Even if some people come here just to complain, some of information they contribute can be useful feedback.

5 Likes

playerbase gone, no recover. Sadly Blizzard ruined the game, and they not realy try to fix it. you may know the way of h1z1 kotk

hots is a ads site for ow and for other activison-blizzard games… GG

4 Likes

So, in your opinion, the playerbase would eventually adapt to changes and learn to counter heroes. Correct?

Then, what is there to complain about the shortening of the queue time? Playing against those supposedly “impossible odd” (and fail) enough, and one day they would become good.

People don’t learn and improve from their successes, but their failures. That’s why Dark Souls is so popular these days. The start of the journey is extremely brutal. But once the players stop being suck at the game, they would see the beauty of it.

In short, I would say keep stacking immeasurable odds against the players. The weaks would be weed out (well, they don’t have the gut to stomach it anyway, they are just looking for easy wins) and those that tough it out to the end would be what you would call the “hardcore”, “seasoned”, “veteran”, or whatever fitting name you could think of. They are the true customers/fans.

1 Like

Trust me, I have absolutely nothing against providing feedback, but the feedback has to be truthful.

“Every queue takes 15 minutes” does seem like the truth to me.