The "it's obviously fault of someone else I lose" mentality

3 Likes

Flip a coin 10,000 times. I guarantee you will see a lot of tails streaks and a lot of heads streaks.

This is just confirmation bias.

5 Likes

When you get someone that think you are a pocket healer.
Or flames you for not hitting a single moonfire on the enemy when they go in 1v4 and die 2sec later. Not like any healer can out heal that.

It is the Matchmaking system of QUickmatch that is the problem. The sytem that pairs your champion against some other champion taking MMR into account.

This system can be BETTER. It will never be perfect - it’s next to impossible to get to that stage. But it can be BETTER.

Even a simple expample of not matching 5-man premades against 5 randoms. It is entirely under Blizzard’s control - and in fact that never happened before. But today, queue times are much more important for Blizz than fair matchup, so they match whoever with whoever, even if that means that one of the teams has massive advantage and is 90% likely to win.

Quickmatch is a mode that will never be completely fair - that’s true. But there are SO MANY THINGS where the matchmaking for QM can be improved tremendoustly.

This.
Is exactly.
What I wrote in my post.
If you cared to read it.

However in a random distribution - streaks are not more likely to occur than non-streak sequences.
In HOTS, the entire match history consists of alternating win and loss streaks. Which is NOT RANDOM and instead is a wave.
Sure you can see an odd singular win or loss here and there, or places where the pattern breaks. It’s not enforced by anything after all - it’s just a result of error in the MMR/Matchmaking calculation.

Whitemane can.
I recently tanked the entire enemy team for 5+ seconds, standing in my own ultimate and damaging them while I had mark on myself.
Unless they stun me - they can’t outheal.

Depends but even if they do survive it is unlikely they contribute much aside from dying a bit later. At absolute most they also waste some resources on the enemy healer. That was his point. You’re kind of on the edge right now.

A Sonya dives into backline and dies. Then blame the Azmodan for not diving together and help her, report for AFK.

People who complain their team comp doesn’t have waveclear after last-picking a hero that doesn’t have good waveclear.
Bonus points if they don’t even show/say what Hero they want to pick during the draft.

1 Like

People who after 5 years still engage 8-10 in lvls and then spam pings the players who are trying to get lvl 10 for his team in lanes.

Haha, that sounds like a spell from Harry Potter. :laughing:

Oh god i can relate to this so much. Doing QM as Murkey and my Team decided to feed like crazy. Then they all pinging me for not doing the Objectiv. Okay we are 2 vs 5, what am I supposed to do as Murkey? At least 2 of my gifted Members reported me, its so frustrating.

“Stop being a coward and stay near me”-Enemy arthas

“???”-Me

How bout when someone just AFKs in lane and blames the rest of the team for losing?

How bout people that engage 4v5 and blame you for not coming even though you were in rotation to that lane. Or when you’re dead and just respawned.

Some of my favorite responses to those are “where was I when you started fighting?”. Either they say that you were in lane soaking (which is almost never the case) or something along the lines of “Oh well I didn’t check the mini” and I’m like “YA DON’T SAY.”

Exactly. Because it has to take into account the heroes and levels and everything instead of just mmr, it is the problem. The most fair system a game can have is just using mmr, but people don’t want that for QM, so whatever, let it be clown fiesta.

Unpopular opinion, the system is already the best it can be. Because of the low playerbase and all the things the playerbase keep demanding for it to do, it just won’t ever work :man_shrugging:

Queue times in QM were ALWAYS important and that was always the objective of QM, otherwise they would just delete QM and leave people with just AI/UR/SL. QM is meant to be FAST queue. I know, shocking right, QUICK match supposed to be QUICK? How knew :man_shrugging:

Like I said before, it is just the best it can be, but the lack of players (and now forced perfect comp) just breaks everything. Or why do you think it was good before when we had only mmr + mirrored roles + higher playerbase?

Just think about this:

Let’s say you have the best and perfect MM in the whole world. Now, let’s say you have only 10 players playing your game. Will it be fair? No. MM’s fault? No. Now start adding players, you got 100 players. Will it be fair? Still no. MM’s fault? Still no.

Basically you need a HUGE amount of players to have fair matches. A system can be perfect and all that, but it will never work if there isn’t enough players queueing.

A lot of the time those “I’m getting XP because we are behind in level” plays are a mistake. Especially if the team WANTS yo engage - you’re much better off going with them, than solo-farming and letting them 4v5.

If they don’t listen to you to back off - then being stubborn and “doing the right thing” - is actually doing the wrong thing.

Finally, I see a lot of the time people doing that at a time of a critical objective. When if they take it - you are getting MUCH farther behind.

Think of those situations like a percentage.
If you fight at a talent disadvantage, you have 40% chance of winning the fight and 60% chance of losing. On the surface, the right call is not to fight and farm XP - which is your choice. But that’s only on the surface.
Because if they take that tribute and get a curse - then even if you get level 10 - suddenly your chances drop to 30% of winning, because they’re getting even farther ahead due to curse XP.
Or even if there’s no curse - if you know that your team is going to fight 4v5, and you can see they are not listening to you - then not participating in that fight, again, sets you BEHIND.
So by staying in lane and farming - you are not increasing your chances of victory, but in fact REDUCING them.

Sometimes, farming XP is the right call.
But most of the times in lower ELO - people are doing that incorrectly and/or at the incorrect time, which is in fact a wrong call.

HOTS doesn’t have these “this is always the right choice” strategies. But many players seem to take certain things as truths that are always correct. Like never fighting at a talent disadvantage - sometimes you HAVE TO fight.

Your team is another map variable that you can not affect. if you can see that they’re not following your “correct call” - then what you should do is to join them in the incorrect one. That has a higher probability of working out than leaving them 4v5 and playing your own game while the enemy farms your teammates.

Another quick example - objective spawns, so the correct call is to go and do the objective.
But your team suddenly wants to get a camp. The correct call - is to first ping them, and if they don’t abandon - join them and help take that damned camp quicker, so you can have a fight together.
Incorrect call #1 - engaging the objective 1v5 while leaving the team take that camp.
Incorrect call #2 - get to the objective, and “dance” around it, not engaging and doing nothing useful, just waiting for your team to arrive while you furiously ping them to come. You are wasting your time, and you are delaying that camp capture, as well as putting yourself at risk of being taken 5v1 and killed.

The only correct solution - is to JOIN YOUR TEAM in their decidedly incorrect call.

When HOTS is more team reliant than other MOBAs it’s very tempting to blame an underperforming teammate.

Well if the assassins are sleeping on waves and camps and we are getting outmacrod I sure can blame them

1 Like

“Why do developers hide MMR?”

It literally on a universal level cannot be my fault.

2 Likes

IMO, that’s a valid complaint, just as we see ranks in SL loading screens it’d be nice to see our MMR’s in QM and Unranked Draft.

Account level unfortunately tells nothing of a players skill, especially now with the proliferation of smurfs who are very low level (such as level 20-70) but extremely skilled.

Well Murky performs better on 3 lane maps so that’s one thing to put in consideration. I’m not saying you did bad personally, its just how Murky is.

Also if all you did was lane then it might have been partially your fault as well.

People who blame Abas who dont take clone ult.