The dumbening of the game has begun

Samuro:

Illusion Master ®

• Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds
  • No longer grants Samuro bonus Basic Attack damage

Level 1

• Way of Illusion (Q)
    • Bonus Attack Damage per quest stack reduced from .5 to .25

Developer Comment: Samuro has become a bit of a nuisance for many players to deal with, particularly when playing against people who are competent in using Illusion Master. We’re reducing the power of Way of Illusion and Illusion Master, which should generally reduce the overall damage that Samuro can deal throughout the game.

In other words, there is no place for players who are skilled and have good micro with one of the most complex heroes (if Illusion Master is picked) in this game any more. We want to cater to the brain dead fanboys so we can still milk some cash within the last few months of this dead game.

45 Likes

Oh noes you gonna have to not die an additionnal 2 sec with samy.Big deal.

23 Likes

If it’s not a big deal, then why change?

Also, you didn’t cover all the changes, while the OP did, so good job on being dishonest too.

OT:
And people wonder why the game is dying.
Just check the Uther change too!

7 Likes

The Samuro change is confusing enough considering he’s not exactly a “meta” character, but what confuses me more is the nerfs to both Cho AND Gall! When I read the notes for gall, I expected to see some kind of Cho buff since he was also on the list of heroes with changes, but no! Both characters get blatant nerfs even though they are arguably some of the weakest characters in the game.
EDIT: No developer comment to explain it, either. Really confused by this patch, Blizz

9 Likes

Agree with this change, Samuro is cancer. IDC if you call me noob.

9 Likes

Yup. That was a patch heavily aimed at the wood league players and I guess that will be their aim in the future if this patch is any indication.

11 Likes

All you did is show to what type of people Blizzard is sucking up to, making it even more obvious why the game is dying.

19 Likes

It is no big deal for the samuro player between images translocation and wind walk it isn’t for the poor chaps trying to kill him once in a blue moon.
Image not giving AA damage may be a bit much.
I don’t see a comment on anything else.
As for uther you conveniently forget the part where he now gets mana on being cced but i am being the dishonest one.
No wonder the game is dying people not acknowledging strong mechanics as being a problem when they play the hero but you avocated that genji was fine when all higher ranked players thought the changes were warranted but we were all biggots.
Since you and OP are on the skillcap cruise can i have old 8 sec arcane explosion + circle of protection back? It lowers skillcap.

4 Likes

I agree, I was very confused when I saw these Samuro nerfs. Samuro may be the most difficult hero to play well at a high level. And he only has around a ~5% pick rate. Players should be rewarded for becoming highly competent with their hero - or why else play the game at all?

For me this nerf would be exactly like nerfing Probius. Makes no sense.

7 Likes

You don’t have the right to talk about balance.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=2822884

Of course a “player” like you will defend the changes that are catering to brain dead.

6 Likes

It is a big deal. 2 seconds is an eternity in this game. Just look at Deckard if you have any doubts about the significance of cooldowns.

The mana on cc IMO is irrelevant. At best it gives you one more heal in a teamfight - or, if you are playing Q build Uther you never have mana issues so it is irrelevant.

The difference is that Samuro’s change means he will probably now not be able to avoid danger 1/10 times that he could have before - not really significant to the overall course of the game but it would be noticed by the Samuro player. But Samuro’s abilities don’t really scale over the course of the game, they just provide utility and enable his play style.

Whereas Medivh’s ability not only provides protection but also massive AOE damage with arcane explosion. Medivh’s ability is not only one of the most powerful in the game (protection) but also scales incredibly well into the late game. That is why his nerf was warranted but Samuro’s makes no sense.

Well if you want to be an higher imbecile than you already are here comes:
Zaelia and Rich both said the changes are fine so i can also say that you have no right to comment about balance either.

5 Likes

Wrong.
Uther’s change is horrible.
They turned a situation and exciting talent into a limited and dull one.
It’s dying because people like you justify crap like this.

1 Like

A good samuro was unstoppable. It was needed.

6 Likes

Soo medivh having his shield bumped to 9 sec and 11 with picking circle of protection do not hamper his ability to survive.Okay
You can’t deny image samy is ultra hard to kill and is so potent that pro players used to instant ban aba to avoid facing him or valeera on toD or sky temples.
Then you had old swimpi or munky samy streams where the guys were pushing from all fronts without dying once when dived by 4-5 players.

2 Likes

Well i can live with it wouldn’t be able to if i was saying that old genji was sane and balanced for the game I’ll never stoop that low at least.

Medivh’s change absolutely affects his ability to survive. What I’m saying is I understand the Medivh nerf but I don’t understand the Samuro nerf.

I do of course agree with you that a good Samuro is incredibly difficult to kill. But it’s not like Samuro is oppressive or you see him on every map in every team comp. He excels on specific 3-lane maps. He has a 5% pick rate. I am not a pro and I don’t watch streams so my opinion is only based on my own experience and data from hotslogs.

Overall I feel that if you practice a hero for a long amount of time, and you play them in the correct situations / comps, then you should be rewarded for your skills and knowledge by having that advantage. That is what I think HOTS should be all about. I have the same feeling about Samuro that I have about Probius, TLV, Gazlowe, Butcher, and the old Kerrigan.

3 Likes

The 2 sec cd seems to have been here to make samy easier to kill.
As for AA nerf while i think removing the bonus on the ult plus on the quest is too much i have to admit that once you stack the level1 quest which becomes easier to do once you can control your images it just takes proccing harsh wind and pushing images to murder a good part of the cast without even factoring aba.
And probius ate his last 2 batches of nerfs because he was uncontested 1st winrate at M/GM level even though it tanked everywhere else.

This is all because HGC is gone. When you no longer have to worry about pro balance issues being broadcast, you can start tuning your game to your primary audience, which is the middle of the bell curve. High-end players believe that game balancing should favor their views because they’re better than others, but that’s debatable. The sole point of a game is fun, and stronger players don’t have exponentially more fun when their end of the game is balanced.

Without the pro scene, the devs are free to stop worrying about balancing around pro metas and 5-man hive minds instagibbing tanks.

2 Likes

Dude, on every comment you post, you disagree with someone, and then you claim their opinion that you disagree with is why the game is dying. No, clearly the small things that bother you (and only you) personally are not why the game is dying, since you are the only one annoyed by them, and you’re still here.

The game is dying because you and others have from the beginning of the game claimed it was dying. Any new players that tried the game were insulted for not knowing how to play the game, by toxic players on new accounts to circumvent silences, plus, in the typical way you just did, told them the game was dying. Why would they stay?

In this post, you are claiming that the changes to samuro are to appease bad players and remove the reward for a skilled Samuro. That might be true, but I don’t think that’s why people are frustrated with him. Most people have never played samuro, and have no idea how he works. At the same time, he does not appeal to most players, not even streamers, so most people simply never take the time to learn how he works or how to counter him. That does not mean playing him requires skill. It just means you’ve found a niche hero that 95% of players will never be bothered to figure out. They aren’t upset that you’re besting them. They are just irritated by a hero they don’t understand and aren’t interested in.