Thank You and Farewell

Same.

Last time a thread about a dev’s leaving got this much salt in it, it was Dabiri’s parting thread and they Thanos’d a solid half the comments in that thread.
Of course, that invited even more salt. Perhaps they’ve learned their lesson from that.

2 Likes

I must admit, I share some of the saltier opinions in this thread. I’ve been increasingly disappointed and frustrated by the radio silence we’ve gotten for the past 4 months on these forums. It felt like the devs just receded from interacting with us at all.

I’m hoping part of that was related to AZJ’s approaching departure, where he may have been taking time setting up his successor and future job. Hopefully, his successor will pick back up where he left off.

Anyways, good luck AZJ.

2 Likes

So what were they doing inviting you? Someone who doesn’t remember his own posts probably didn’t write them with an awful lot of care.

Them, and the vast majority of people who have left the game or rejected it. But the guy who doesn’t remember his own posts, well, that’s the real MVP. It’s why developers get out of bed in the morning.

Not everyone remembers everything they say… But way to zero in on one insignificant aspect of what I said.

Good job.

1 Like

Explain to me, after everything that has happened, how you’re calling people critical of the game’s development a small minority and IRRATIONAL!? I agree it’s pretty tacky to go after the developer in his farewell thread, although understandable, but to call these people irrational as opposed to the people always defending the game is incredible.

I think you answered your own question there.

I’ve seen a lot of other threads and remember your username.

You don’t have sane and realistic expectations, you have no expectations. You’re the sort of person who is content just seeing differently colored letters.

1 Like

Thank you for all you have done,

But in other words, you had enough of HOTs BS and you decided to leave for another project of a dying game that managers won’t fix the major issues like QM.

I would leave for another project too…

You guys may read them but you never action them… like how crap MM is from the start or a team with an AI is a huge disadvantage… where is leaver forgiveness promised in the patch notes 4 years ago?

3 Likes

When I first saw this thread, my first thought was “I wonder how many posts it will be before someone says something rude”. Then I was completely unsurprised to see it was rather quickly and that it was OrangeJuice.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new position dude! May it bring you at least as much joy as your last one, with slightly less head aches.

It is a public forum and not a personal blog platform. Being critical of someone’s work should not be considered rude or hostile attitude. However, people on both sides of the entire argument are too emotional over a guy that didn’t bother to make a single post in almost three months. While I don’t discount his contributions, you can see how silly this entire situation is.

5 Likes

I’m not emotional about it, I don’t have a parasocial relationship with AZ. I just think you can make another thread if you want to complain. Also, it’s pointless to complain to someone who isn’t there anymore, you’re just yelling into the void.

lol

2 Likes

Being critical isn’t being equated as rude or hostile. How, when, and why you do it can be. And as has been pointed out many times here, if you feel you have to start your comment by saying “I don’t mean to be rude” or anything like it, more likely or not your about to be rude.

2 Likes

The way some people are acting you’d think OJ just crashed a retirement party or funeral session.

1 Like

Most of the people here are “positive” and it’s annoying. White knighting until the game gets closed. Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

This is what I was doing since April after Tassadar’s rework.
Or after WM’s one.

4 Likes

Come on, be real dude. There is no ‘appropriate criticism’. If anyone says anything that isn’t pure positivity or well wishes, it’s ‘rude’. After all, “It’s his farewell thread! Just wish him good luck and don’t be mean!”

Xenterex calls me “thick” (Again, I don’t believe he understands some of the words he uses sometimes), what I actually am is blunt and I’m not ashamed to admit that.

I was blunt about Az, and I meant every word of it. He’s gone silent on us for months and balance patches have been rolling out at a record-shattering slow pace. I believe pointing this out is justified.

If you don’t agree, that’s fine. But I believe my opinion is warranted here.

1 Like

I am being real and I mean everything I said. There is a difference between positive criticism, which I’ve seen on these forums many a times, and just complaining. I’ve read many of your posts and I’ve always thought you were always on the line between the two, or just over it. So when I saw your post I wasn’t surprised at all that you went to the complaining side.

These are just my honest thoughts. Feel free to ignore them.

1 Like

Ah yes, the thing has to be something is wrong with me rather it being something that you don’t know. That’s part of the course no matter how many times I point out how wrong, bad, ignorant your crappy assumptions continue to be time and again.

it really is ridiculous the extent you assume how ‘lazy’ other people have to be when dealing with you.

I used “thick”, and I used it intentionally because I ‘know’ what it means, and I mean what I wrote. If you’re going to excuse yourself for being “blunt” YOU SHOULD consider extending some of that courtesy on the potential of other people being that two instead of drowning in more ignorant double standards. Of the outcomes you have listed from what you perceive to be possible, you neglect so many other possibilities that you pretty much make a conversation to yourself and I’m simply not going to go through, again and again, to point out the crap you miss.

The most likely form someone of how I used “thick” will find of it in the expression “Am I being thick?” where someone outlines a concern or problem and ‘knows’ that the answer is simple/obvious, but they are missing something.

The “fact” of your concern is detailing a lack of activity in a particular span of time when the topic of concern is particular to the contribution of the person in the OP. What you see as me griping about “never” isn’t the “literal” definition, but the consequence of your choice to express your complaint in the use of “never”.

Married couples that use “oh never” don’t “literally” mean “never” but the choice to use that expression is an exasperation that details other issues of communication, observation and other concerns that tend to be symptomatic of marriage problems (of a wide variety) and that choice of expression tends to not help, esp as a stereotypical reply. People using it that way doesn’t excuse the concern I am expressing (that you won’t consider) and IS more to the point of what I am trying to convey should you manage to actually complete a sentence with your inability to read before you make more assumptions.

Much like with how you fault me for your inability to know a particular expression, or “what someone means”, you have a very narrow and faulty perspective that you excuse with double standards that you excuse by being “blunt”.

And while the choice of expression there is one of an excuse, it’s probably more apt to say you are being a “blunt” instrument.

Constructive criticism is a thing.

There’s a long list of things that can be done that you refuse to consider.
Part of the issue is that you are an ‘ends justifies the means’ person so all the other particulars people will write about largely don’t matter to you.

I don’t ‘cede’ anything to you because the ‘work shown’ (and I’ve used that expression several times before) is rife with problems that “rile you” to the point of you being your own issues.

Of the replies you have had with those that don’t agree with you, there’s a lot simpler approaches that could have been taken that use a slight bit a tact that is well beyond the consideration you have. In the polarization in how you view things (one thing or the other) the details between those don’t matter, possibilities don’t exist beyond the two, and anyone that doesn’t outright agree with you is going to get “blunt” replies that indicate how little you actually consider of anyone else.

Your “opinion” is “justified” because the ‘ends’ match something that you already agree with. The issue that people take is that they aren’t of the same polarity as you, and all the bits that they use to try to explain that are disregarded because you. are. being. thick.

The key, and fundamental issue with a “frustrating” conversation with me is that I am not a “means justify the ends” and time and again you demonstrate how much you disregard the “means” in a discussion. The biggest issue of that is a large chunk of “discussion” requires the “means”, and the ‘ends’ are then superfluous. Or as some put it, "the journey is the destination.

Yea, reality allows you to “believe” what you want, but you keep doing yourself perpetual disservice by how much you filter, and then fault others for it. Being “blunt” is associated with being honest, and being “honest” in a conversation would actually involve reading what people write.

You don’t. You make something else up, and go off on that again. And when you go to sweep that under the rug, again, remember: you faulted me for thinking I don’t know what I’m talking about.

And that’s the running flaw with HotS, so long as someone can blame others instead, they excuse their own ignorance.

3 Likes

‘Thick’ 4.

INFORMAL

of low intelligence; stupid.

“he’s a bit thick”

This ad hominid was used to describe my lack of understanding, which you attempted to demonstrate by posting the dev feed. What makes the entire situation ironic is that you were being ‘thick’ by not realizing that the ‘evidence’ you posted reinforces my position when you thought (or more likely, just assumed) would contradict me.

Notice how every time I try to call you out on this you just immediately deflect and go off on a rant about how bad my debate tactics are. The only bit of acknowledgement I could get from you was this;

The feed you linked showed a complete silence from Azjackson (scratch that, ANY dev) for 3 months, and then 8 months of mostly silence (with only a few one-liner posts here and there, rarely anything substantive). A problem, combined with the snail’s pace balance patchs, that I’m trying to highlight in this thread. Whether you agree its appropriate to post it here or elsewhere is a separate discussion. You seem to be doubting the authenticity of what I claim, but again, ironically, your posted evidence only reinforces my claim.

And since you

I’m asking you to honor effort and literacy and explain to me how after 3 months of complete dev silence and 8 months of relative silence (in relation to the months of constant communication that came before), I’m ‘thick’ for pointing it out, Again, if you would have used the word ‘Dense’ or ‘Inappropriate’ this would have been an entirely different discussion.

But that isn’t what happened. YOU told me I was thick. YOU called me a liar. YOU said I was being Ignorant. Well I’m calling you out on it now. The dev feed you posted was a mistake. If you can just muster up enough dignity to admit that you were wrong to post that, I’ll atleast gain a shred of respect for you enough to take you seriously the next time you try and insult me.

Heck, I’ll even muster up enough dignity of my own to admit that ‘never’ probably wasn’t the best word to use (even though you’re the only person in the entire thread who didn’t understand the implied meaning), but since you want to make a big deal about the particulars, I’ll modify it, just for you.

Azjackson hasn’t posted here in three months. In the last eight months, he has only posted 6 times, most of those being on humor/silly threads, nothing game related. This is unacceptable.

Explain what is wrong with the above statement, since you ‘honor effort’. Or will you just backtrack and keep focused on my ‘lies’ instead of moving the conversation forward. ( :disappointed: Sad face in advance because I’m pretty sure I know the latter will happen.)

2 Likes

Should we rename this thread “Xenterex vs OrangeJuice”?

6 Likes