Thank You and Farewell

Since when do you give me orders? I’ll post whenever and wherever I please, and I don’t need some holier-than-thou self-righteous know-it-all trying to tell me what to do.

If you don’t like what I’m saying, you can ignore it or leave the thread, but given that my comment is the most liked one on this thread, I don’t think I’m alone in feeling that this sudden reach-out to the community by Az seems disingenuous and undeserved.

2 Likes

lol, ok. :rofl:

It’s your account, you can do whatever you’d like I suppose, but I know from experience that derailing a blue’s thread generally yields undesired consequences.

Either way, AZJackson, I more than likely never met you (I’ve met all of team 3 at some point given I was a Diablo 3 Forum MVP) but I really wish you the best, dude.

Whatever project within Blizzard is getting you really is getting an exceptional dev, at least from what I’ve seen both here and Reddit.

2 Likes

Enlighten me, Mr. Former MVP.

Thank you gor your hard work and best of luck on this new project!

1 Like

To AZjackson,
Sorry for throwing such a mostly negative comment into your thread.

Best of luck in your new role, and I hope your successor manages to fill your role as well as you have!

Thanks,
Planar

Dude, you’re the poster who was blaming developers who love their work as the ones being lazy.

As I said to that:
-Game developers are often underpaid compared to people in non-gaming tech companies to their experience.
-game developers tend to work longer in part because of their passion
-game developers also get to deal with community coming after them instead of management.

You need to look at the industry and it’s abuses.

I don’t understand why you couldn’t leave it at:
“Best of luck, I hope that your successor is able to have more discussion with us on the forums”.

Instead you’re just being well:

At least that’s what you’re doing. You tried not to. But you’ve failed miserably.

14 Likes

Sure about these developers, but in the next panel that I will see in BlizzConline, will see about these new heroes in sometime along with more new skins & mounts.

At least AZJackson talked to us. I can’t say that for a whole lot of other devs (any other).

Farewell AZJackson, the friendly developer. Who also worked on Deathwing if I recall.

I saw him in the Deathwing design panel on twitch, and he (+Jhow, I think) talked about how they came up with his abilities and heroics. Really nice person.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all you’ve done for the game. I can’t think of anyone I have more faith in to bring good things for Blizzard, and I’m extremely grateful you put so much passion in to my favorite game.

3 Likes

And that makes me feel… nothing.
Blues were silent over last year(s) and people were expecting them to comment here about last patches, changes, ideas, etc.

AZJackson, if you remember such name “DrLogan” - I’m still sad about Tassadar’s rework.
But I’m sure nobody cares.

I hope next blue will actually discuss things with people instead leaving one comment and don’t respond for 10 000 years.

2 Likes

Sad to see you go Mr. Jackson. May the next big thing be your passion.

I’m stunned how much you’ve dedicated your time and skill into this game. Thank you for everything, friend. Best of luck on the next one.

It was nice seeing u from time to time, fate has good plans 4 u ^^

Congratulations, i wish your future is brighter and more fun than your past has ever been.

Thank you for helping create one of my favorite games.

Take care and good trails, and may the good times HotS did bring us all not be forgotten. Thank you for your contributions, and may your future endeavours be enriching and successful!

Thank you for everything you did to make the game we love.
Good luck in your Journey and have the Blessings of the Bronze from all the bronze players out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is the best answer ever :+1:

1 Like

The game is good, entertaining and addictive to say the least.
Wine is good too. Now what happens if a piece of fecal matter falls in the glass of wine? I guess the beverage is not that good anymore. Well, this is what happened all along with MM ruining this game and making all players go away.

1 Like

You can do whatever you want. Maybe a simple comment like “Hey, I would like it if the dev team talked to us more, could you put a word to them?” and some simple suggestions like “Maybe you could make a post once every 2 weeks just to keep in touch and tell us where you’re at? I mean, the new team obviously. It would be a lot more interesting for us!”?
I believe that would motivate him to change the current team for the better on that point you find important.

Instead: “Hey man why do you even tell us you’re going we don’t care about you, get out, you’ve been doing bad all the time you were in your position” won’t motivate him as much to help you.

That is called, knowing not to be rude and knowing how to be polite. Also, it is known as “how to obtain something from someone”, lesson 1: don’t insult him and don’t be negative towards him or his actions. Because nobody wants to be helpful to a guy who talked badly to them.

One more thing is: you can hold him account for what he did… during the time he did. Now that he’s going, basically he can’t do nothing about it. So, this type of comment is just useless. Because it won’t bring anything, except likes from people who are as negative as you, and you feeling proud because you blamed someone… for something they can’t help you with anymore!

And as it was stated, it looks like he actually posted more than once, and from what I see, approximately once every few months. Sometimes not even to questions to developers, which means that he’s effectively been reading pretty much every comment…

2 Likes

Thank you for everything you’ve done for the best MOBA (imo) and one of the best games ever.

Good luck on your journey!

4 Likes

Well that was sad.

3 Likes