Thank You and Farewell

It’s simple, really. If Azjackson doesn’t want to talk with us, thats fine, he should just go without saying anything.

But don’t go for ages without communicating with the playerbase, then suddenly show up one day out of blue expecting to score some sympathy points with the players you refuse to talk to. Again, you want my respect, earn it.

I honestly would have had more respect for Azjackson if he would have just left without saying anything and we found out from some article or twitter post that he had resigned. At least that would provide some consistency with his behavior.

7 Likes

Ok, so the usefulness of your comment would be to blame him.

I don’t see any point in blaming someone when he’s powerless to make any change that you would like him to.

If you do, good for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the best AZJackson. That really sucks to see you leaving as you’ve come across as a hard worker and always doing your bit to help communicate with the community. I know you’ll be able to make an impact wherever you go. Take it easy man. Peace

HotS is and forever will be my fav game. Thank you for everything and I wish you the best!
(Also thank you for giving us a dev voice -the many blue posts- over the years, because communication is indeed really important and appreciated!)

7 Likes

:frowning: you will be missed

Thank you for sharing your experiences here. Best of luck where you go.

Wait wait! Before you go! I know this is rich coming from me, but I just gotta know:

What is the Nexus?

7 Likes

So you’re being thick again.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/g/heroes-developer/activity/posts?category_id=6

I noticed a lack of your participation on when AZ has posted. “Never” seems to be on your end for not noticing the tools around for when blues post. For the past 1.5 years, excluding the AI topic, he’s been the blue that posts around here.

But I guess you want to keep being the sort to “never” notice that stuff, and then fault people for your inability to notice.

:confused:

11 Likes

So because he can’t do anything about it now means he shouldn’t be held to account for what he did during his time in his position? Is that what you believe?

3 Likes

Sad to see you go :frowning: . Just this morning I watched a video on how HOTS was able to stay alive when it looked liked it was dead, and one of the main reasons they quoted was you and your design philosophy.

I am currently on my longest break in a while and this news will make it hard to want to come back. I hope the next person does a great job as well!

4 Likes

Blessings of the Cleansing light on your journey.

1 Like

Thank you, and all of the Heroes team, for the hard work and passion you’ve put into this game. I’m still playing HotS 6 years after the alpha and I don’t intend on stopping anytime soon. :heart:

3 Likes

If you have to start a sentence with that, you shouldn’t say whatever it is you are about to say.

Didn’t your mother ever teach you that if you don’t have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut?

7 Likes

Seeing this strikes doom in my heart! Sure he said he has a replacement who will do right by the game but I’ll believe it when I see it and right now I only see another important puzzle piece getting lost in the dark! Q_Q I cry for HotS!

Thank you for contributing to my favorite game! We wish you well!

1 Like

Dude, don’t derail the thread with your grievances. This is AZJackson’s farewell thread, not your personal complaint thread.

Make another topic if you want to discuss it.

11 Likes

Best not to think about it too much.

4 Likes

I derail the thread? I guess if you call presenting the FACTS derailing then sure buddy…

3 Likes

Yes, you’re making the thread about you when it isn’t. Just let the man say his farewell in peace.

Do I have grievances with this game? Yes, absolutely, but this isn’t the place for it, chief.

Go make another thread.

10 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work. Good luck with whatever you’re doing next! I know you’ll do great

Yeah, truly shameful that the devs don’t communicate with all 20 people who come here on a regular basis. :roll_eyes:

Are you sure they didn’t do that just to shut you up because maybe you’re the butt of a joke in HQ. Just saying. Not to be an a-hole or anything but if I were a content creator and this one rando keeps making really idiotic, thoughtless, and abrasive suggestions, I’d just agree with them and give some vague response along the lines of “yeah sure I’ll take that up for discussion”.

3 Likes