Talents preset? [SUGGESTION]

Is it possible to select what talents you want to get before entering the match? I play pretty much with the only build everytime so it only delays me for no reason. It would be good especially for those who are kinda new in the game and need to spend some time reading about skills and can select what they want right there.

9 Likes

God please, ctrl + X screwed me enough times already at lvl 10.

6 Likes

Well, not everybody plays with the same build every game tho.
So the better option would be being able to highlight talents early on, and they learn automatically when you reach the required level.

5 Likes

Funny you chose that gif as i just finish watching Thor in tv right now

1 Like

i would love to have that as well since i use the same build on most of my heroes also it’s mostly annoying in a teamfight god i hate it in teamfights as i am a clicker i don’t use ctrl whatever button to select a talent as i may most likely choose the wrong one since i’m focusing on the game.

1 Like

I would rather not discourage playing with talents. Learning which talent is slightly better in certain situations is a skill, and a skill that isn’t exercised nearly enough.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the change at all. I don’t really see it as something game-breaking imo. But word of advice, it’s always best to read talents during Hero Select before queuing up or rather have a list of few builds you’re good with (aka a cheatsheet of sort) and label them as ex: Anti-tank build, AA build, Single burst build etc.

2 Likes

We could have something like Smite, where you can mark “auto-buy” so your character would buy itens automatically based on your class / character, and you can disable it at any time in the match. In HoTS it would be the same thing, except you would config what talents you want and you can disable it in match if you change your mind.

Also, if your internet screws you, the bot could pick the skills you selected until you come back, and not some troll build as they always do.

2 Likes

Bots either won’t pick talents or at least will let you re-choose talents as long as you’re reconnecting and not actually dropped.

3 Likes

I didn’t know you could re chose talents… They always picked troll build for me and since i was never able to change talents, i assumed that was permanent.

But even so, it would help if you could pick what talents the bot will be using so they could be more useful in team fights, and since it takes around 5 minutes to reconnect (at least here), it would be a good idea to make the bot as useful as possible.

1 Like

Supposedly, it’s coming (eventually).

I hammered out how such a system would work a while back.

2 Likes

Cant wait for all the players who take bad talents because they already selected them earlier and forgot to change it. It’s like another noob trap.

It’s not really hard to manage talents and picking them during a fight. If you still have to read them then you aren’t really ready for some serious pvp action anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

it’s like as though they can just give us the option to pre select talents while in the game.

I very rarely run the same build on any hero.
Even on Valla that has a pretty straight forward build depending on what you run, i usually have to adjust it according to the map/comp/enemycomp.

Though the pre select could be usefull at times indeed.
Can at times be tough to pick talents during hectic fights.
You also have so little to focuz on when it comes to “buying” stuff, so it’s not much of an issue imo.

So although it is a nice little feature, i wouldn’t want them to spend time on this over some other tweeks here and there.

I chose my talents based on what map and what enemy and what teammates I got… so choosing talents beforehand will keep new player at a noob level. and will hinder the game, just imagine Arthas with a E build vs a Ranged team? lol

I want the freedom of choosing my talent at the right level. I have not seen a game yet where you chose your talents beforehand?
alternately use the CTRL + 1.2.3 to choose it faster :smiley: you said you know what talents you want, so their is the solution. CNTR and 1.2.3 for the talent you know you want.

cheers

1 Like

ya i have said the same thing many times in the past. pretty much exactly down to the bots benefiting from being able to choose your options rather than just throwing you random talent junk.

its a shame such a thing hasnt been developed in game yet.

Not if you have the option to disable it in the middle of the match, like i suggested. It would work something like the “auto-buy” in Smite.

We could have an option when the match starts asking you if you want to go with the selected preset or not. If you choose to use it, it will pick your first talent right away and go with the preset you choose. If you see that the preset is bad for your enemy comp, you turn it off and do it yourself.

its more an issue of having to select your talent mid-battle. i know it’s just a split-second shift in attention, but it’s still enough to be annoying—and it occasionally results in a mis-selected talent :cold_sweat:

with a lot of talent tiers, once i’ve seen the map and the teams i already know what i’m going to take. it’d be a nice option to be able to choose those talents at the beginning of the match, and have them be automatically taken when that tier is reached

Is the quoted part of my post the only thing you read? :smiley:
I literally said the same thing in the text that followed.