Stormleague Issue - Why am I Bronze? (moved - as it turns out to be a bug)

Well it makes no sense now to continue playing. I would even be better off with a new account. That is just no fun to start a Season from Bronze 5. And also getting not the right amount of points is like never gonna climb ever…with a matchmaking like this… :frowning:

Not really, new accounts are capped with how high they can place. Just continue playing your main account. It will resolve itself if you truly deserve to be higher than you were placed.

The only ranks that will be pure chaos right now is Gold / Platinum because there are so many players there that don’t belong there. Eventually, those ranks will stabilize too

But how much time do I have to spend now? With rank points around 26 !? This is ridiculous…

sorry that you got affected by that bug. you clearly shouldn’t get only 26 points specially when you aren’t high master where you start earning less points on wins and losing more points on losses. but it’ll be fixed don’t worry about it they always have bugs within each patch that’s nothing new and they always fix them nevertheless

1 Like

Can I hope for a reset of my ranking atm? Because now as the damage is caused I wouldn’t benefit from a bugfix at all. At least they could give me the chance to rank appropriate to my efforts. Or give me a compensation on my “lost” points…

Actually I was hoping to get in contact with a direct Blizzard support…but this kinda hasn’t happened yet. :roll_eyes:

Wait guys, was this the confirmation of Bronze being the MMR Hell everyone talks about? LUL

Sorry to make a joke with this @LordWilson :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i honestly have no idea what would they do to the affected accounts for this bug. they usually reply to some topics you might get reply from a blizzard support but don’t expect it to be in few minutes as they’re mostly busy or so.

1 Like

:smiley: HAHA… everyone in my group now is making similar jokes… actually 26 points is still positive ! :tired_face:

2 Likes

How many Storm League games have you played?

The more games you play, the more confident the system is in your skill and the less points you will lose or earn.

reported for joking on something like this haha you can’t find out what i wrote there Keepo

2 Likes

Like overall?
250. Haven’t been playing for over a year and started a couple of months/weeks ago again. Back in the days was also hero league games played.

I think this doesnt matter as I compare myself to people in my group with the same amount of games or even more and worse winrate and they got ranked higher… how is this determined?

You only won 2 out of 3 placements while in Bronze 3 MMR, assumably against very low MMR opponents.

The system sees this placement loss as worthy of a very big negative MMR correction, probably enough to bump you down 2 tiers to bottom of Bronze 5.

Just grind out of it, the quality of play is not high in B5. You can likely solo entire enemy teams if your real skill level is even high silver or mid gold.

It also matters WHERE that loss occurred. If it was the first game, it will affect your MMR heavier than the next two.

Also, not to mention the OP could have been Bronze 5 MMR all along with a rank of Bronze 3. Rank and MMR were two separate systems.

2 Likes

That is not said. As I stated I got the problem last season as well. And if this is true what u say, every player should be punished for playing against lower ranks and lose their position badly. And why didn’t this happen to a single one within my group except me? (having the same way of playing and winning for weeks now…)

I’d highly doubt this and would lead to some major discussion about the messed up MMR hell in the lower ranks. And with 26 rank points there is no grinding out of it… it is fighting against a windmill.

True, if that was his first placement + his team was very favored, that single loss could completely nullify his rank points from B3 to B5 zero points or close to it. Even on hotslogs such a loss incurs a -400 to -600 MMR penalty.

1 Like

In the 1st game we played as a fully unranked group against silver ranked players…and lost. Not badly, but lost. Because two random mates had no idea what to do. The other 2 games were dominating, excellent play.

So it seems I was correct. Your first match moved you extremely far because not only did you lose, but based on your description of your teammates your team was heavily favored.

The first match always carries the most weight because of how confidence works.

2 Likes

I’ve just did the same thing in Rainbow Six last week. 10 matches to rank. I lost a couple of matches and won a few. 6W4L and ranked Gold 3, what is above average in that game, also using a MMR and I am about a 50/50 winrate over there…having a K/D in the same numbers. How can a HOTS game using also a MMR method be so different? I still say this is bugged and has nothing to do with my way of “delivery”.

Completely different game, also your starting MMR last season in that video game was not Bronze 3 so it’s not an accurate comparison. Nothing is bugged

You take a massive MMR hit from losing your first placement.

Why was my team favored?
Last season, I ended Bronze 3, Jakkar was Silver 2 and the other guy not even ranked…
And why did this only affect me?