Stop going double healer in ARAM -it's killing the game

I don’t understand why people don’t think experience boosts aren’t selling power. Especially in a game where its gonna take almost a month to reach max level.

1 Like

I enjoy doing double header comps. You can’t stop me.

2 Likes

Let’s say they buy levels that would take a regular gamer a month to achieve. So they are a month ahead of you and others. Does this have any sort of snowball effect? Are you unable to catch up in a month when you level up normally? Are the level buyers able to gatekeep you out of content for progression? I don’t think any of these questions will be a yes.

I’m just used to Diablo being a game where you can get the best gear grinding solo, playing a lot and doing the same monster runs over and over until you get lucky. If the dude who buys a max level character doesn’t play much, the real gamers are going to have way more gear after a few months which is the real power with these games.

I’m gonna give you some real constructive criticism. Double Healer definitely works in all modes. Don’t click away. You need an X-factor DPS to set up the double heal comp well. X-factor DPS are Hanzo or Zul’jin. These heroes can wipe a whole team by themselves. Usually if you have a combination of sustaining tanks (Zarya plus Tyrael, Arthas, Diablo, Chen, D.Va) combined with the healers to keep people alive long enough to do the required dmg from Hanzo or ZJ, then you can win. This is where double heal shines. Now, to your point, you can always replace one of those healers with a higher sustain DPS like Kerrigan, Butcher, Malthael, Artanis, or Varian (Twin Blade), but these people have know how to stay alive and it’s quite rare to find someone who knows how to play these heroes and not die immediately upon entering a fight. Really, i just stick to double heal comps, when they come up, because they tend to work better in uncoordinated playstyles.

1 Like

Yes
Higher levels mean you have more abilities and better gear. That’s fundamentally how an arpg works.

Also yes
Just because sometime got a level boost, it doesn’t mean they are going to be playing less then you. If you and a level booster are playing for the same amount of time, the booster will always be ahead of you. Even once they reache max level, they’ll still have a head start on the next charecter they level because they can start sooner and will level them faster as well.

And this is a problem because…

D4 is not strictly single player is an mmo. It will anyways be online, you will see other players out in the field and you will interact with them at some point even if you try to avoid it.

This is not reality. Blizzard might frame it as a way for people to catch up if they can’t play much but really. But they actually sell it to everyone. Anyone can buy the level boost/ battle pass. Real gamers are going to buy these boosts and you will interact with them at some point.

1 Like

It’s as if when they lost the writer they just didn’t have the talent to keep it going.
My theory is that the writer and lead left because they knew what was coming.

1 Like

Think significantly more dumb

4 Likes

Greed is dictating the quality of games.

Makes me think when people blame Hollywood for terrible movies that are mass produced. This is one of the reasons I just keep going back to the good ol’ days. Now, the video game industry is going “Hollywood” too. I feel it will only get worse for video games.

2 Likes

Parasites like kotik will always roost where the big money is. Unfortunately for the videogame industry, the bigger it got, the more parasites latched onto it.

3 Likes

Because you’re in the all RANDOM all mid mode and thus there is a genuine chance you are on that persons main while they were stuck with something they’ve never touched before just like you?

I’ve had this exact thing happen to me once my best option was Mephisto and I don’t know jack about him, someone else on my team had Qhira, thankfully unlike you based on thi comment they understood and took my advice despite how badly I was doing on a character pretty far out of my comfort zone

3 Likes

Okay while I agree obviously it’s an upper management issue… 50 talents? Someone on the team HAD to have found a way to slice that down while maintaining the core of the idea, did they just forget it’s an FPS they were coding for?

3 Likes

I know right?
Almost feel like the higher ups don’t even understand game development on a fundamental level.

1 Like

if every game ain’t making 2 million dollars per second, its bad, straight up :moyai:, how will the billion dollar company make profits instead of memorable stories for the next few decades??? :pensive:

pay up, 20$

tl;dr nah bro, that’s at least 1,000,000% upper management, everytime damn

3 Likes

Sorry man but I meant to say is someone who ws on the ground.unless upper management was the ones refusing to let them downsize certain elements, things like 50 talents many of which were making them harder then entire new heroes.

Someone on the ground had to have seen the writing on the walls for something that insane and imagining a system that complex appealing to the playerbase of a primarily PVP FPS that thrives on being deceptively simple….

1 Like

Alot of those people just left the company. I’m sure someone tried but upper management clearly didn’t listen.

2 Likes

Upper Management have no idea what they are doing. They are too busy counting money and being and telling lower level employees to do stupid things and compete with each other.
Even the dev saw it get out of hand. 50 talents sounds stupid. I would’ve been satisfied with base characters going through a story, BUT the lead writer left. There is no more story.

1 Like

oh I see that now in the video my bad
I just hope someone on the ground at least knew tht such a thing was silly even if it could get done.