Stop going double healer in ARAM -it's killing the game

: p

I specifically pick double healer when i see it because I enjoy playing that style

1 Like

No one will even watch my replays if I gave them out. People can’t even interpret my screenshots properly. I put one up where I’m about double damage of the other Junkrat and these people are like “he’s almost as good as you, he has slightly worse KDA”. How do you think he even got kills with such low damage? I got them low and he finished em to stay in the game.

Nah, the truth is I saw how they played their tanks and they complained rather than running back promptly. We had to 3v5 constantly because of their lack of effort and suiciding. They ran in 1v5 and 2v5 constantly, they ran in deep, they died, they complained. Since it’s my word against theirs, numbers and stats are all that matters, their deaths reflect they didn’t play their tanks well. Muradin you jump out and self-heal, same with Malganis, they played like potatoes and died constantly. It was honestly a shame to see people play their tanks that bad but I had to carry on the damage end so I couldn’t show them how to play Mura or Malganis.

I won’t post much, after all, D4 is coming out soon. I’ll be busy slaying demons and discovering new legendaries. It’s a shame what happened to this game though.

Hehe another “my team bad because I had big number” guy

1 Like

there are topics directly available where people share stuff and others actually do check it out. Your replies have thus far boiled down to “people don’t agree with my bias” and you’re just acting on that bias.

You could even ‘trick’ people by making a post and asking what could be done better, and you’d more likely get people to then check it out and confirm if you’re “always” as great as you claim.

There are reasons people around here are dubious of high-stat claims and the impact that they have largely because many of us have had games of teammates ranting about how great their padding had been, or more commonly, they neglect what ‘good’ their allies are actually doing because they have to prod themselves up at the expense of others.

If you stop acting in a way to confirm the bias, then you might actually find out people don’t behave the way you expect because you stop looking for the thing you want. These forums have some WoW-vets here that can point out part of the issue of number-fixations is they don’t distinguish between the differences in stat-padding and effective numbers. Sure, circumstances can indicate stats get high for a reason, or low for that fixation, but hyperbolic claims tend in indicate a late of understanding Effective numbers over bloated ones.

You don’t seem keen on the difference, and that’s part of why people are calling you out for ‘emotional’ despite asserting you aren’t being as such.

1 Like

I would, show me scaredy cat!
:scream_cat: :black_cat:

2 Likes

Posters are usually open to watching a replay, this is the reason RCW’s Hots Replay Thread exists.

You are correct in your assumption that people might not interpret your screenshots properly, simply because that’s impossible as without a replay, numbers alone lack context.

I suggest you post in RCW’s thread, there are still current and former master players who occasionally frequent the forums, they might not tell you what you want to hear, but if you’re open to feedback, the majority of them will be fair and gentle with you.

4 Likes

A better solution than telling the players to stop picking 2 healers is to tell blizzard to do their jobs and balance the game.

By design, a mode titled “All Random all Mid” is not supposed to be balanced. So in this case, Blizz is doing their job.

2 Likes

You both had 8 kills. You had 13 assists, he had 10 assist. If he had spent most of the game just finishing targets you damaged, He would have mostly assists with few kills.

But even if he did just finish targets, that’s still value. Otherwise, your targets would always walk away alive.

1 Like

except people that are given advise on how to see the game differently can actually play differently; telling a bunch of people that don’t work on a game to “balance” the game doesn’t actually change the game.

“better” solutions actually change something :thinking:

My teammate said double healer + mephisto was unbeatable but my point still stands:

https://i.imgur.com/ZwTIejB.jpg

Not doing this to flex but this kinda proves double healer is useless. If you replace one of their healers with a damage dealer they woulda had the explosive burst that gets kills. Instead, they couldnt do enough damage to take down my Nazeebo and I literally farmed their team and stats with battle toads.

I predicted we would win when people were complaining early on, told em the early game don’t matter and the healers will run out of gas. I guess it’s because I’'m a numbers guy I knew they wouldnt have enough damage to compete. Why do people think it is good and keep doing it in ARAM? Go damage. Stop trying to ruin many people’s last week of HOTS with your double heal and trolling before they migrate to Diablo 4.

Double healer, or almost any comp, can work in ARAM. One of the reasons (aside from player skill) is you are making a “blind draft”, you have no idea what the enemy is taking. They may lack sufficient damage to beat the sustain of a double healer comp.

Again, ARAM is a random mode, lots of variables.

I dunno, Diablo 4 worries me. Really not a fan of some of the monetization stuff we’ve already seen.
They are selling experience boosts in a game where they have said it takes around 150 hours to reach max level which feels very much like selling power.
The story is being cut up and released in pieces along side the battle pass.
And probably the silliest thing, the collectors edition of the game doesn’t come with the game. Your essentially paying 100$ for an art book.

This combined with the massive F ups activation bliz has had this month alone.
The borderline rug pull with overwatches 's pve.
Adding wow token to classic despite promising not to.
Shutting down old call of duty fan servers when the live servers have security so poor that people can hijack each others computers through the servers.

It just feels dangerous to be so hyped for their next project.

4 Likes

I’m sure this is a form to compete with the third party level boosting services.

A great reason NOT to buy the game until it is complete.

I’m in the camp that the CE should come with the game. BUT, I smell shenanigans where they want to somehow stop pirates by not including it.

Tell me more?

What is happening with this?

Lol.

So this is what self-euthanasia looks like.

Yeah. I would rather wait for 10 early access games to release.

2 Likes

This will be the first Diablo I’m not going to rush out and buy. Everything you mentioned above is a red flag for me as a consumer. I’ll just wait it out and see how things unfold. I mean, D3 didn’t really become D3 until the “Reaper of Souls” expansion. So given that, I might not only save money, but frustration with a game that isn’t really ready for launch.

1 Like

This is probably what people are the most mad about.

Pve was basically the whole reason for overwatch 2 existing. They spent years of development time on this instead of developing the pvp and people were ok with this because of how hyped up the pve was.
Overwatch 2 was also a downgrade from overwatch 1 in many regards that people also tolerated because of the pve hype. Some of the highlights being 5v5 sucks, its buggier then OW1, and oh yeah NEW HEROES ARE LOCKED BEHIND THE BATTLE PASS : |

2 Likes

So the much hyped story mode didn’t happen?

They canceled it almost in its entirety. And what were left with is a game thats worse then what it was.
Alot like warcraft reforged now that i think about it.

2 Likes

no it doesn’t.

An underperforming li li demonstrates that players can under perform on li li.

A key perk of using li li – for double healers – is having her deal damage, and that player clearly did not take advantage of the damage potential.

While people may have particular sigma associated with double-healer compositions, they win more than single ones do on average.

https://heroesprofile.com/Global/Compositions/?timeframe_type=minor&timeframe=2.55.3.89754&game_type=ar&min_games=100&mirror=Exclude

Using the samples of compositions to create a weighted average (generalized for the composition, and not based on select heroes) double-healer teams win 52.2% of their games (on average) while single healer compositions win 50.45%.

While a good mephiso can be a carry-dps, for aram, the threat is usually 2 Lords of Hatred on one side to be “unstoppable”. I would also say he’s highly build dependent, so if the player doesn’t have the right build, they aren’t going to do enough damage to chain cdr to be enough of a threat to actually carry the game.

also, kinda moot considering how much team support the tyrael is providing.

3 Likes

Please, can you throw all your double healer games my way? I had a super fun game recently as DPS Li Li, with an Andiun and a Zaraya thrown in for good measure. We had a KTZ and an Anub’arak, the enemy team declined any healer options, they didn’t live to tell the tale.

5 Likes