Step by Step Stabilization Measures

When one day AI replaces us you can’t say it was for nothing. I wonder if it will lock us up in a zoo-type setting or just put us to a well-earned sleep.

Are Jean 1 and Jean 2 still talking about this? Not even the reddit post they made, no one agreed. This is a trend and they ignore it.
Heck, they should just make cherry pies from all the cherry-picking they do, while they turn a blind eye to valid obvious points. When they lose the cherry pie contest they will call everyone narrow-minded, pull out their own gold medal from their pocket, and claim victory.

6 Likes

clapping

1 Like

This sentence has the most cherry in it. lol

I find it interesting how this can be spun into me cherry-picking and turning a blind eye to valid obvious points. It also seems rather telling that this person believes the objective is “claiming victory”.

The sad thing is, those here saying the game is dead, dying, abandoned, etc, as well as the one’s here talking about what to do to save it…

None of you are playing the frakin’ game!!!

…Like in the moment?

I just logged in on my main to play a few SL games and I’m looking at the featured bundles right now. Goshdarn does this game have a slew of high quality cosmetic content too. The stupidity just kills me.

This game can be beautiful visually. It really doesn’t look like a game that would fail. You do want to tear your hair out that with so much existing content its owners have no clue how to sell it. Painful.

Has anyone even dreamed of calculating how much this game’s content costs? What kind of person prices this stuff and then just leaves it like it’s worthless? Lol, an industry professional! :rofl:

It gets better; how much money do you think puts them deeply in the green? From the present standpoint the answer may be basically any. The contradiction between pricing and disregard for this game’s quality indicates that not only do these people view it as nothing more than a vehicle for money they don’t even know how to make money.

crosses self in Satan

If you can’t sell a pitch, even if it’s a great idea, you’ll make zero dollars.

People who actually make money don’t waste time convincing people about anything. Especially on a 90+ post thread. They move on to something else.

The two of you are like those bad salesmen who obnoxiously come back and struggle to understand why nobody wants to buy their great idea. If you really knew how to make money, you wouldn’t be here chatting us up on it.

Get real.

3 Likes

Isn’t this one of the things a forum is about? Suggesting ideas to make the game better. Bad salesmen?

1 Like

They keep spinning things. One of the main points here is that bad salesmen (and women and others) have been setting this game back. On the other hand the average poster doesn’t even demonstrate to have a concept of the thing. Bizarro world. BuT dHeY hAvE nO mOnEy DoUgH!

Looks like I am above average, because I did indeed suggested how to make this game profitable. I suggested they should copy Dota 2’s business model:

→ All heroes free to play
→ Most skins (or all) only for money and let people create “Hats” and offers in the shop and Blizzard gets a small loan of it. So they would get money for almost no work (just adding skins to the shop).
→ They can still create own high-value skins for money

There is a difference between Hots dev team/their budget and Activision Blizzard as company. The latter has tons of money, but they won’t put their ressources into this game, because it don’t feel profitable for them to do it and I agree to that, because in fact you don’t have incentives to pay money for the game, because you can get everything for free.

Again just compare hots monetisation system to Dota 2 as example.

1 Like

Let me get this straight. You want to make HotS profitable by selling user-generated “Hats”? Which hilariously Blizzard gets “a small loan” off of…

Now where have I heard this before, minus the “Hats” and the development of the functionality to produce and offer these Hats from the sales of which to take small loans and short-squeeze AMC to 100k?

:thinking:

You know how supermarket works? You know that any supermarket has products from different companies like Coke for example? Why do you think discounter are successful? And if you answer “well you buy food and such”, but in supermarkets we have also a lot of stuff that aren’t needed for humans to survive, but still humans buys a lot of stuff, obviously.

And yes I think, if user can create cool stuff like hats (Valve’s idea), there will be people who buy it, they do it at least in Dota 2. People would create stuff for Ragnaros and I bet there are players, who would spent money on, because you know people demanding hard for Rag skins.

What do you question with your smiley? Is there sth. you can’t get with gold or shards? Announcer? Skins? Sprays? Maybe you got confused by “free”. I don’t meant that you get gifted with skins and such, but the only valueable thing you need for this game is TIME, you can get anything by time.

But answer me those questions: How do you think Dota 2 is profitable for Valve? How does Valve get money from their game?

1 Like

You are right, suggestions to make the game better is part of that game’s forum. But that’s a byproduct from the main processes of it: Communication & Discussion.

Suggesting ideas take very similar skills as those of a salesman trying to make their audience make the purchase. They need to be agreeable and a “people person”. Good ones understand the demographics and setting of the dealing, and change parts of their pitch accordingly.

If you’d like people to understand what a great idea you got to offer, you close gaps, you engage in their worries and doubts: In a respectable manner.

Fuzz and Phaseshifter were the first to disagree with the suggested ideas, and were responded with superiority over them.

It wasn’t you in that case, but your buddy did you a deservice. Who’s going to agree to anything after that? I can bet you certainly wouldn’t. Understanding how to converse, discuss and the entire flow of a debate is very different than “others being too sensitive”. I did post a degrading comment, and I think it does negatively impact the current comment. It is a very kind form though and I didn’t touch any personal qualities.

Personally, the initially layed out idea was interesting, though I don’t want it. Discussion was open 'til the tone the both of you continued with.

There is a certain setting/tone in this forum. Every forum is different. Know your audience.

4 Likes

In short you want players to be given the tools to create cosmetic content (which would also entail a more complex marketplace to drive players toward higher quality/more likely spending) as HotS developers are nowadays unable to produce much of anything. You also want cosmetic content to be reverted to money-only, which means getting rid of shards and I presume loot boxes?

Tell me, in light of your little peers swearing that even the much simpler ideas suggested here are unrealistic for the current circumstances, how do you envision this happening?

I didn’t get confused.

There is one thing with a price tag that is critical to Heroes of the Storm - heroes. Everything else is unnecessary - cosmetic. You literally want to make the game free. Then you want the developers to implement tools for cosmetic creation on par with the relatively advanced model quality of this game, a system for creators to make their products available and get paid, and to develop an advanced marketplace for efficient exchange between customers and an indefinite number of creators who would flood the market. By the way, who is validating these creations?

Hello?

From what I used to read years ago on this forum Dota 2 was used as an attraction for Steam. Join Steam - that makes money from the sales of all other games - and get to play the iconic Dota literally for free.

It’s no use.
Many have given them respect and calculated well thought out responses when they presented their ideas many times here, only for them to spit in the forum goers faces. They have been called out like this countless times.
They are contradictory in their postings saying, that they are not posting for the forum goers here to debate, but to someone higher up. While at the same time, they have no faith in those with power.
They are self-contained threads only for them to hear themselves talk and sling insults at those who don’t agree with every single idea they present.
They tout themselves as knowledgeable and experts but when many read their posts and judge, it only shows how they are not.
Many still read their terrible posts and still give them a chance in case they do have a good idea, but nothing has changed. They continue to present terrible ideas with little thought, insult those who don’t agree, and feed their own ego.

Just a heads up, when I say “They”, I mean Jean 1 and Jean 2 (turtle) are the same person. Even if they aren’t, that’s what it is.

4 Likes