Step by Step Stabilization Measures

They would’ve been smart to ameliorate this “free to play” business “model” much, much earlier. “HotS 2.0” is so ironic. All the dilutive content, the loot boxes and the Loot, the gems, the shards, the splitting - a lot more work with nothing to show for it. Aimless. Makes my blood boil to think how many pretentious twerps were involved in coming up with that nonsense. Bobby Kotick shouldn’t have taken their money (in reality they got paid too), he should’ve taken their first-borns. Hell if I know why he makes over $150 million a year but whatever.

Check this out. My main account on which I had spent nearly $1000:

Your fellow players reported you for abusive language multiple times.

Due to these player reports, we have permanently closed your Heroes of the Storm account.
This action includes a permanent ban on Heroes of the Storm access, and no compensation has been provided for real money spent on this account.

We don’t take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals.

This happened during a draft right as the countdown was about to start at 3:42 AM on the East Coast after I hadn’t played for a handful of hours. I insulted a couple of players as we were left with a choice of no tank or no healer as one picked Sonya after I picked Gazlowe and the other announced at the start he plays only DPS but waited to pick until the end. At least one must have reported me to trigger the ban.

The point is these emails are total lies. There was no “careful review of relevant evidence” to trigger the ban; it’s automatic. They even tell you not to appeal! This is standard email language nowadays for Blizzard, as shown elsewhere. Furthermore, there is stuff like this:

One thing is crystal clear - Blizzard is both lazy and deceptive in depriving players of their accounts in relation to the Abusive Chat report category.

Listen, I don’t care about the $1k I showered these absolute losers with. As soon as this thread is done for good I’m not wasting my time (obviously my money is out of the question) hanging around this game with my other accounts either. The thing is this - who in their right mind having responsibility for this game does not make an association between its failure to make money + retain players and its gameplay pay/time-wall + automatic, abysmally regulated, capricious suspensions/bans for things that far more successful games in the genre wouldn’t dream of purging their playerbases?

Unreal. If there is one thing I’ve learned about incompetent people it’s that they don’t have any self-awareness. What a waste of the work of talented artists. These (and perhaps some others in the background) are the only people left at Blizzard who are actually exceptional at their jobs, and apparently some have wisely departed for greener pastures. The 50 going on 5 leaders of this company have long lost the spirit that propels games forward. No edge whatsoever to these people, just degeneracy.

That’s Batman level of dedication.

I’m not sure even Batman does careful reviews of relevant evidence on Sunday night or the wee hours of Monday. Maybe it was European Batman.

If only they had a quarter of the fake zeal for minding their actual game.

Does anyone know the specific roles of the team members consigned to squatting over the “classic” games?

This is frustrating.

And you are confused why you got banned.

They properly did.

2 Likes

I mean, quacks like a duck, right?

So you’re mad because you think that because you spent money on this game you’re entitled to be a jerk without consequences?

I’ve easily spent at least $3k on this game since alpha and I don’t feel this way.

3 Likes

Is it just me or JeanFrancois and turtle is the same person?

4 Likes

It is not just you. The forums typically has 3-4 trolls max. When one leaves a new one takes it’s place.

4 Likes

The incredible shrinking thread

3 Likes

Wished it was the Incredible Disappearing Thread.

3 Likes

It actually started out that way where JeanFrancois was arguing with himself to bump his thread. Some of the most sad kind of behavior I’ve seen in all my years on the internet. I was so proud of the forums for not taking the bait. But Fuzz came in here thinking the posts being made were in good faith, and then somehow people started piling on.

Just as a reminder for those that don’t know about JeanFrancois/Turtle. He was one of the only two people where Blizzard actually looked up their personal chat logs to see that he was in fact deserving of his silences and put them up for public display on the old forums. It’s a shame we can’t link back to them.

He’s simply a narcissist troll.

5 Likes

A lot of posts are disappearing from this thread. I don’t quite understand why it isn’t just outright deleted altogether.

1 Like

Boy, you can repeatedly state that you’re not contesting your silences and in this instance that you’re using penalty emails to demonstrate that an automated system predicated on appeals for validation is officially instructing people not to appeal based on a falsehood and they’re still twisting your words and lying about your actions!

It’s a shame indeed because that would show your memory is shot!

THE GAME ITSELF IS DISAPPEARING!!! Lol, yet you people just can’t get over yourselves in the slightest! Incredible. Not a single worthwhile idea from any of you, not a single preservation and confidence impulse, just a bunch of delusional drivel about how someone is expressing himself on a forum in having to deal with all you numbskulls and no one else!

Is there really no one working on this god.damn game who isn’t a glorified “community member”!?

How you managed to avoid a forum ban the last few days is the greatest mystery of our generation. :thinking:

7 Likes

wow so you’re really allowed to insult people on these forums?

1 Like

It’s the greatest scandal of our generation.

Am I missing something about the popular games today?

• League of Legends / Dota 2 - Old.
  • Fortnite - Battle Royale with boards.
  • CoD: Warzone - Battle Royale?
  • Apex Legends - Battle Royale.
  • CS:GO - Old.
  • Valorant - CS:GO clone.
  • Minecraft? - Really? Old.
  • GTA V - Old, role-playing.
  • Rust? - Old.
  • Escape from Tarkov - ?
  • WoW - Old.

There’s no innovation in the gaming market, unless you count boards. The games that are very popular are either old or are old concepts. Hell, Overwatch may be the game that had the most effort put into it to bring something new to the market and despite all it had going for it much of the popularity has been lost.

This market proves people don’t mind playing old **** as long as they find it fun. In my opinion there’s nothing about Heroes of the Storm that inherently dooms it. It’s the ADHD MOBA, a game that gives you what many would consider to be the funnest aspects of the genre that you can learn as you play. Is there even a common negative perception that hangs over this game? Rather than being a bad game it’s more of a mystery.