So who is staying?

I by no means am in favor of what Blizzard is doing, but out of all the MOBA’s I’ve played, HotS has been and will continue to be my fave MOBA. I don’t know what the future holds, but I hope that by supporting the smaller team, they might try to tighten up the reins and make the game better.

Who knows, but I am staying until they pull the plug. Anyone else?

55 Likes

I will indefinitely stay, if the game continues to run. The community is likely going to get smaller, but I can only cross my fingers that there are people who love the game like I do and stay – and really, I hope they don’t completely kill the game and pull the plug, but… who knows?

23 Likes

Not me. Why would you invest time and money in something that’s dying? That’s a crap investment. Go play literally any other Moba where your investment does disappear soon.

10 Likes

I’ll keep playing Vs AI matches now and then as long as the game is still supported. A game doesn’t need constant balancing and updating in order to hold my interest, although I’m probably in the minority.

8 Likes

If it means the game’s quality could improve, I’m for it. I love this MOBA too much to let it just go comatose and get the plug pulled. I don’t know how much money I’m willing to throw at the screen, per se, but I still believe in supporting something I enjoy.

5 Likes

I’ll be here until the servers shut down or I do.

26 Likes

this the only Moba that I ever liked, I do feel less motivated to play now, but I will still play while it last… but now spending money on it will be harder to consider.

9 Likes

Everyone is talking about the end but I am left thinking that if the game is supported as much as StarCraft II co-op mode has been, then I will be happy for a long time. I would love to see a return of the weird heroes that made HOTS special in the first place. Like Abathur and Cho’Gal. Without eSports being a focus these heroes can have a place again.

23 Likes

That is a good point. It might be we start getting more fan favorites and unique heroes instead of coming up with the next meta-busting hero.

I’m just hoping that we get some fun heroes and that they work as needed to balance the game.

3 Likes

Doesn’t feel great to spend 300 or 400$ for Blizzard to tell me to screw off. Hope this game dies with Blizzard.
This game should have just been a StarCraft 2 mod. Then they wouldn’t have two dead games on their hands.

1 Like

Not that I spent money on the game before, but I definitely would not anymore.

I’ll play while I find it fun and stop when I don’t.

that is one of my biggest fears when buy virtual products, I don’t feel that I truly bought or own something, that’s why I always try to buy physical copy of my games (I didn’t even buy spyro trylogy because of it).

1 Like

Yeah, I thought much better of Blizzard than to pull this crap. I would expect it from Riot Games, but not Blizzard Games. Oh how things have changed.

I will definitely never buy another hearthstone or overwatch pack or box. Lesson learned and trust lost.

5 Likes

I have always viewed video games, and the time and money spent on them, as entertainment, not as an investment. I will keep playing because I enjoy the game.

Oh, and for the godswaps. Those never get old.

19 Likes

lots of people are staying, even the people and their weepy farewell letters saying they quit/uninstalled ect keep showing up on here.

7 Likes

I’d say not the game director but they already admitted to that a while ago.

As much as I believe the game is in a garbage state, I also know that its not going anywhere. So don’t worry about “servers being shut down” and game closed. They already put this game on the least amount of servers they could (they erased East Coast a long time ago).

It’s a billion dollar company. Even if this game made $0 its a holding pattern… as it was designed anyway to keep you in their family of products. So you hate wow for an expac, they got you in HOTS even if you dont spend money and dont play as much.

1 Like

Not going anywhere. But I don’t know how they can make any money with a system where you can’t buy anything but boxes…

2 Likes

Same, it’s my favorite Blizzard game and I’m not here just because there’s an ESports scene.

I will eventually leave if they halt development, though.

2 Likes

Count me in for the long haul, but if you pull this game Blizzard don’t expect me to be around for anything else.

4 Likes