So should mac users just uninstall?

Graphic issue for over 2 months now…

You guys just dont care do you?

Sounds harsh, but they probably lose less money from mac customers leaving than hiring mac developers to fix the problem for weeks or months.

It is what it is in this games current financial situation. They stopped responding to all Mac threads on the mac bug report subforum in October after this emerged.

6 Likes

its like thanks for the heads up… ive been playing since beta on a MAC and now its apparently useless? Thanks Activision

3 Likes

i have had also the cpu amd bug (ryzen) for like a year now. minimizes my window and says there is a cpu issue although i have no lag or nothing.

They really havent done anything to fix it or communicate when a fix is coming…
so i think they just dont fix these problems at all since it is cheaper for them from a business perspective if we just un install
they say they look into it, then just forget it forever

i think theres so few mac players it doesnt pay off for them to fix it

Mac users should sell their macs and get a real computer.

Seriously though, they may not have the resources to fix the issue anymore.

13 Likes

Basicly this. Macbooks are expensive. You can get a decent pc from this

3 Likes

Macbooks are never optimized for gaming.

6 Likes

Its not like we dont want you to play. But this is just a outsiders advice. You can do much more with a pc.

What about running windows on your mac? Maybe that would help? Or is it Mac specific issue regardless of the OS?

PC for the win. ( 20 Computers )

4 Likes

Back when it was revealed that overwatch wasn’t going to see a mac release, i figured that future titles & updates would likely lead to future support dropping off.

While blizz didn’t ever say the exact reason there were complications with mac, when the backlash of last years blizzcon saw devs getting moved around, things were probably only going to get worse as what personal they had on that for hots support would either be moved to other games, or to the engine project whatever that’s supposed to drive future blizz games.

doesn’t help that the specs on mac machines have taken different priorities since Job’s passing, so it is something that could be problematic on both sides.

if people want to use their machine for games, then they may have to do so through bootcamp.

2 Likes

That is not physically possible as the Ryzen 3700X (and other Zen 2 consumer SKUs) have only been available to the public since July. If you did have it before then you are violating the NDA for chip testers and will likely have an engineering sample anyway.

It also does not minimize the window. It just has a red icon in the top left saying “Reduced CPU Power Detected”. I use a Ryzen 3900X so know about it. This issue will be fixed in a future update.

second gen ryzen release 2018 april… ryzen 3 1200 release 2017…

Any developer worth their salt can do a knowledge transfer between platforms, the basic principles behind software are the same among all OSes. So they either did allocate someone to investigate and just takes a while to understand the problem or they don’t care.

Mac’s are still a thing? Funny, they always make me think of the 90’s.

2 Likes

Really don’t understand why people would bring the “I’ve been playing since blah blah blah” up in the discussion. Like it would give their saying more credibility. Fun fact: it doesn’t.

That’s then and this is now. You like it? Good. Keep supporting the game. You don’t like it? No problem. You can quit any time you want. No one is keeping.

And who would play game on a mac? I have more faith that my toaster connected to a dial up would run this game much smoother than that piece of gimmick.

That is likely a problem with your system then.

I can assure you with Zen2, the bug you linked which was for a Zen2 Ryzen 7 3700X, there are no such problems. It just shows the “reduced CPU power detected” warning because the game does not understand how Precision Boost 2 works. This is being fixed soon and has nothing to do with Mac since Apple does not sell systems with AMD CPUs.

At no time does my HotS minimize to show some CPU warning. I do have a Ryzen 9 3900X and suffer from the “Reduced CPU power detected” warning that was linked.

Same could be said about Windows…

Because Mac actually uses good hardware and so should be able to play games no problem. Modern macs with discrete GPUs can easily blow the Xbox One X out the water as far as performance goes.

To repeat, there are two issues with Mac currently…

• Modern Mac systems which should run HotS and used to be able to are running into performance or graphic bugs. This is because the API for Metal was recently written and so still has bugs.
  • Older Mac systems which should run HotS, used to be able to but now cannot because of a raise in minimum requirements. This makes no sense as the same hardware running Windows will run HotS flawlessly. I think Blizzard underestimated the user base of such systems.

A basic rule “Don’t play game on Mac and Linux” :rofl:

Well OP, you bought a Mac. There is your problem.

1 Like

…and yet it always seems Mac users have issues :rofl:

2 Likes