So I did a poll about the new hero

cuz running a poll with a nine month turn-around is going to work out so well for a patient audience like the one here…

5 Likes

I agree with you that it is too late for a game like HoTS. Something like this should have been implemented much earlier. They would have to solve the problem of unlimited alt accounts first though so it likely never would have been done. They would likely have wanted keep unethically profiting off the micro transactions that their less financially conscientious users fall victim to.

“ my suggestion wouldn’t fix a problem, but its their fault they wouldn’t address my non-issue trinkeled down from my non-solition. I”m also going to claim to agree with a thing that doesn’t actually agree with me.”

4 Likes

Ahh, someone lowering themselves to petty personal attacks due to another’s opinion being offensive. Let me tell you, I am shocked to see this on these great forums with most excellent moderation. Surely the mods will step in at any minute and do their jobs to ensure a healthy environment for Blizzard discussion!

But like “that’s just like your opinion dude”.

I’m glad someone understands the difference between opinion and fact. It is a refreshing quality considering those who easily confuse the two. To fall back on discourtesy as a defense mechanism for shielding one’s feelings from other’s opinions is a sad thing indeed. One hopes maturity will be obtained by those who feel the need to sink so low.

Why would you need a poll anyway? There is already one that’s officially held by Blizz: the spotlight video.

Current ratio is 7k/7.3k, which means an approval rate of 48.95%. Recordly low and completely unprecedented.

1 Like

I’d be of the impression that you aren’t aware of said difference and rather conflate the two be one that suits what you want, and one that suits what you want to deride.

The capacity for me to disagree with you and point out potential errors in the line of reasoning you’re trying to advocate is only a “personal attack” in so far as you are offended that someone disagreed with you.

1. the bit on the 9-month poll results? That would still apply at the game’s peak production, so the turn-around on the wait would still apply, but players would complain each release isnt the one polled — so the bit on the current part of the game is missing the flaw of your concern.

2. dizzying: make (someone) feel unsteady, confused, or amazed.

even if the quote is taken from a particular context, the expression may be apt for the literal content at hand and define a concern ie meme

3 Likes

Your impression would be wrong in my opinion but then again you are attempting to derail the subject with personal attacks so this is all I will say about this matter.

Your image is clearly a personal attack and it symbolizes the loss of objectivity in your post due to clouded judgement arising from being offended. You do not seek to discuss polls about new heroes in good faith. Instead you are engaging in an attempt to argue about derailing personal attacks. You are only showing your disdain for actual meaningful conversation when you resort to these unethical tactics.

1 Like

You must be the only person. This is the first time anyone has EVER said they are “frowned upon”

I don’t doubt Blizzard is trying to censor though. They do it all the time. Someone got banned from the WoW forums for saying “poop”

Also, please remove that stick from your behind. You aren’t important, so stop acting like it.

nope its true. you probably never have read the ‘read this before posting’ pinned thread.

Petition posts are frowned upon.

• These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.
3 Likes

You’re right, I didn’t read it. Because I’m not a square. And I also have thoughts of my own. And I don’t get “offended” when someone makes a poll.

It was probably added in because some cry baby made a biased poll and he didn’t get the answer he wanted. So he cried to mama Blizzard to have polls removed. Sounds about right.

The concern of my impression isn’t so much a matter of “opinion” as its based on what has been conveyed. You have made posts that misconstrue what people have written, made statements that are contradictory to your own claims, and toss out labels not-suited for the means by which you assert they would.

If the very same post you claim you aren’t going to comment on something, you do again – which is manifest another concern of the contradiction you seem content to ignore in favor of asserting you’re ‘right’ about stuff that you evidently aren’t.

Furthermore, the notion to try to deflect my concern isn’t that it’s a “personal attack” that is derailing the topic – as the effect of your concern would entail a ‘censoring’ of my ability to express myself (as the op said) on the means that you choose to not understand what I conveyed in favor of strawmanning it.

If the concern I expressed in in regards to an errant flaw of an argument, conflicting details of what someone posted, or elaborating on a previous post I made, then its not derailing from the topic.

However, making that distinction of what I am doing compared to what you claim and interpret of it would likely necessitate you conduct yourself in ways that you are content to not so do according to the impression I have described in these exchanges with you.

2 Likes

The ability to take offense at my conduct is on you, and you alone.

The capacity to extend courtesies to others on this forum (that usually aren’t reciprocated :P) doesn’t make me important, it generally indicates I’m polite.

There’s some social etiquette that’s expected on these forums and your ability to be offended as a consequence of your evident ignorance is your problem of conduct, not mine :confused:

3 Likes

Actually, it sound more like you didn’t read it because you’re lazy. Mainly because lots of people are round, have thoughts of their own, and don’t get offended when someone makes a poll, so none of those can be the deciding difference.

1 Like

You’re special for sure.

Who is offended? I just said you aren’t important, so don’t act like it.

And if you have to claim that you’re polite, you probably aren’t. Let other people say that.

Someone like you? Lolno. You are just one of the sheep

Thanks, toots.

I’ve always found that an odd expression; sheep pretty much have it made. There’s plentifully available food, you grow your own winter protection, and you’ve really got nothing to do but kick back and relax all day, enjoying yourself.

At any rate, if it’s simply to say that I’m doing what everybody else is doing, that expression’s more likely to apply to somebody who’s making silly complaints because they didn’t bother to read the rules for a private organization’s forum.

That happens so often it’s routine.

2 Likes

Based on your conduct – and an apparent need to act on a sense of overcompensation – your conduct suggest that you’re offended and go out of your way to make assumptions about other people to fit your polarized viewpoint as a lash/don’t lash mockery of what little bits caught your fancy in the fleeting hours that brought you here to act like you aren’t ‘offended’ despite it likely being the motivating factor on your activity here thus far. Course, you’d likely need a better sense of self-awareness to notice :confused:

Your posts are impulsive, ill-informed (acting out on here-say,) demonstrate a compulsion to try to pull people down to your standards, disregard simple possibilities that conflict with the above impulsive, and essentially act like a crab in a bucket.

Some of the action of putting on airs for acting ‘smarter’ or the like compliments the need to overcompensate and otherwise try to draw a fleeing taste of attempting to bolster yourself against a bunch of anonymous (ie, pointless) that then leaves you evidently conflicted on how to handle those ‘above’ your easy-pickings – hence the need to try to assert such as the ‘same’ as you.

– and even if I’m not sincere about the above description, how you will respond to this would be more telling of my previous post than any list I’d give anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah, I see. You have an inferiority complex. So you can’t stand it when someone calls you out and points out your flaws.

Makes sense. And knowing how pathetic you are, I can bet any money you’re just dying to reply to this. You probably also speak aloud when typing too.

Yawn. You aren’t even worth anyone’s time.