So has Blizzard commented on the unpopularity of new Garden

We have new forums, but you know what’d be really nice? REVERTING THE GARDEN OF TERROR BACK TO A PLAYABLE FORM!

44 Likes

I for one like the new Garden of Terror. That vehicle chasing nightmare of a map was annoying and unbalanced. This new map may not be as unique, but it makes for a far more enjoyable experience.

20 Likes

Didnt like the previous version either.

Why do people always have to demand a revert instead of suggesting better changes?

I find that I quite enjoyed controlling the terror and having two terrors at the same time was a unique feature to the map.
The “collecting” of the plants was the part that annoyed me the most.

How about having the seeds spawn a controllable terror again instead with some adjustments to the kit?
What about having the possibility of spawning two seeds at the same time in order to get the maps unique feature back?

13 Likes

Yea, I agree with the kit adjustment, that was the most annoying part of it all. The extremely long AOE polymorph plus speed boost felt like chasing something you’ll never catch. Then when you get their with depleted resources, it hits like a mac truck and locks down your defenses.

4 Likes

LOL I’ve only played HL/TL. Managed to totally avoid it, but honestly it doesn’t look that bad -> definitely an improvement from old garden.

2 Likes

If they would let us CC the damn things it wouldn’t be so nightmarish in the first place.
They’d rather break the map then to revert the changes to vehicle objectives.
Typical Blizzard logic amma right!?

11 Likes

The new version needs some tuning, but it works.

Now that we have cursed hollow 2.0 maybe we can rework cursed hollow. I suggest that instead of collecting tributes they instead let you collect cursed points from various monsters that spawn around the map, maybe make the 2 bosses instead drop cursed points as well when killed instead of marching down the lane. After collecting say 100 cursed points you get to ride in the golems back and tell it where to go. This gotten can have 3 abilities, area of hero curse, a small area say 3 range wide where any hero that enters it is silenced and slowed. Curse building, disabled all buildings in a set are, to keep it from being too oppressive make the curse spot be a tribute that is attackable. Final ability is rampage, the golem runs at a slightly increased speed.

6 Likes

…It’s Cursed Hollow though… That’s all this is… a clone of Cursed Hollow

10 Likes

I wouldn’t have minded the 3 tributes, but still have a vehicle. Would have kept it unique, tho maybe then people would say its cursed dragon knight :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I see what you did there.

Because if they screwed up Gardens this badly… having them change it again could make it even worse… just go back to the old Garden… a system which we know actually works

9 Likes

I hate the new Garden of Terror and the seed recollection part is what I dislike the most.

Back in the day, since the objective spawned in two locations at once, both teams had options to play strategically around it. You could engage the enemy team so they couldn’t collect, you could try to steal the seeds they were collecting, you could avoid the enemy team and collect seeds on your own…

And that’s important. Why? Because even if your team had a disadvantage, you could still try to make a comeback by waiting for the right time to push. Being able to at least obtain some seeds gave you more opportunities than having objectives based in 5v5 ‘winner takes all’ teamfights.

So before, Garden of Terror had long games but with many comeback chances, and many ways to approach the map. Now with its programmed 5v5 teamfight each few minutes the game is a snowbally crapfest. If one team achieve a two or three levels advantage, the game is already lost except for some exceptional misplay.

I could have understood tweaking the vehicle, if it had some problems. But turning the objective into just forced teamfights is terrible. It strips the team of the power to decide how to play the game. Even in Cursed Hollow, you have two bosses so you can try to push via one of them if you cannot contest the objective. In Alterac Pass, you also have bosses and the fact that you can play with the mechanics of having two objectives too.

New Garden of Terror is just the laziest and most snowbally map ever. No strategy, no thinking. Just 5v5 every couple of minutes until it’s GG.

27 Likes

Ok: Revert and just don’t allow more than one Garden Terror at once

3 Likes

cant believe people are defending new garden terror. we already have cursed hollow and the spider map we dont need the mutated lovechild of two maps copulating.
take old garden terror, make shamblers spawn randomly in the two seed areas that wanders and attack anything they see making them a danger if your not careful and after a certain amount of time the shamblers that spawned will burrow and reemerge in the other area. rinse, wash, repeat at random
in addition remove the polymorph and make it so the terrors can throw a super-seed that if not killed in time spawns a bunch of shamblers to walk down lane or attack nearby heroes(summoned shamblers dont give seeds)

6 Likes

No it wasn’t, the map just took forever.

The problem wasn’t the vehicle mechanics, it was the fact that matches would turtle often resulting in 40 minute long games.

Tomb of the Cursed Alterac Pass.

1 Like

Because the original is better than the change?

9 Likes

collecting seeds was fine but when it came to controlling the garden terror usuallly NO ONE would ever take control of the terror…

the new map has lost its charm tbh

1 Like

standard video game Overseer strategy is “never admit fault, and never apologize”.

If you admit you screwed up, it undercuts your ability to speak from a position of authority on other actions you take; Basically, its better to continue on with assurity with a mistake (in corporate mentality) than to backtrack with insecurity from a mistake.
Blizzard did this multiple times in the past in WOW for example where they’d stone wall defend bad decisions for an eternity.

Generally when a mistake is made it usually takes a long time for them to backtrack and redact an action, so as it becomes less a “oops, we screwed up” kind of move and more a “We have carefully reviewed data and made an informed decision to alter the game, this is not redacting a mistake, it is a change, not a rollback”.

I wouldn’t expect Gardens to be changed for another 6 months or so.

4 Likes

New GoT is much more enjoyable. Less interesting, perhaps, but I won’t miss the gimmicky feel of the old version.

1 Like

It’s not my favorite, but I don’t mind this version. I don’t groan when I see it at least. I honestly like new Hanamura too.

1 Like